Search results

1. eyg2181

Top 10 holy grail cassette decks?

For looks, the only correct answer is the Marantz 5220
  2. eyg2181

Help with a 45 RPM lable

YES!! i do believe this is it. Thanks!! I imagine alot of Elton John 45's would use this.
  3. eyg2181

Help with a 45 RPM lable

i remember having a whole stack of 45's back in the 90's. there was one in particular that i remember. im not sure what cmpany it was but i remember there being a train on the lable. does anyone know what lable this was? Thanks!
  4. eyg2181

Marantz TDR-830 (Superscope) Tape Deck

Ok this very nice Tape player/recorder I just got last week seems to have sped up quite a bit. The heads are perfectly aligned, and the sound is great, but the tape speed is too quick, to the point where it's noticible. I know it's not the belt, and there's no knob or adjustment for the motor...
  5. eyg2181

Is it worth it to get into reel to reel?

I love my R2R (Akai 1730-SS) I got it for backing up my Q8 Tapes and recording my favorite CDs through the QS Synthesizer on my receiver, thus giving me Quad versions of my CDs. It sounds REALLy nice too. You will not be dissapointed.
  6. eyg2181

In fact, among younger listeners, the lower-quality sound might actually be preferred

FWIW, I'm 20 years old. (just recently too), and Im kind of picky about my audio gear. I by no means have the best system in the world, but it's better than most people of my age. I got ny Sansui QRX-6500, my Pioneer 6 Disc CD Changer, my Technics Turntable, Sony Cassette (I know it's not TOTL...
  7. eyg2181

Was quadrophonic any good?

Quad is the best. Think about it, 4 Channel or 2 Channel? And if you don't have any Q8 tapes (the best of the quad formats) to use, you can use 2 channel material, and switch the receiver over to Synth mode, and it'll pull 4 channel information from a 2 channel source. Stereo doesn't really...
  8. eyg2181

question on technics 8 track rs-858-US vs rs-858-DUS

I think the US lacks the selector switch, and i think the US has Blue VU Meters, Wheras, the DUS has Green VU Meters as shown. I think one also has a stronger "holding" mechanism for the cartridge as well. ive been looking for one of these for awhile, this one slipped by me. someone correct...
  9. eyg2181

Ssnsui QRX-6500... Please Help. No sound From Front Left... Keeps Blowing the FL fuse

Just to make sure, the caps are those 6 huge round tall things right... There's 3 on each side. Another thing is, what exactly do they do? I'm only 20, so I'm a newbie here. Since the 6500 was a success, hopefully replacing the transistors will fix my QRX 3000 too with the volume distortion...
  10. eyg2181

Ssnsui QRX-6500... Please Help. No sound From Front Left... Keeps Blowing the FL fuse

Thhe transistors go for just under 7 bucks each. I'm thinking about replacing the other 7 as well, just for the hell of it. It can't hurt right?
  11. eyg2181

What's The Dumbest Thing You've Heard Someone Say About Vintage Audio Equiptment?

"If it ain't Bose it ain't worth shit" -RadioShack associate (Im a regular there we always mess around) but he was serious. He's a Bose freak. I'm a Technics, Pioneer, Sansui, Sony, Fisher, & Akai guy myself. This is one of the dumbest things I've heard anyone say. This was just last week.
  12. eyg2181

Well, I found the bad transistor, took it to moyers electronics in Pottsville, and they had the part!! It's now in 100% working order. While i was there I got a new signal meter light and some fuses. Thank You! Good luck with the QRX-5001. Where did you find you 5001, I heard these ones are...
  13. eyg2181

Than you for the photos! i will check this to see which transistor needs replaceing. i switched two of them around on the right side of the receiver, and now its the right side that is silent, and the left side is fine. so i guess this means we solved the problem. (they are all the same part, i...
  14. eyg2181

Alright, i got some pics of the inside of this beast. this thing is no joke ;)
  15. eyg2181

Absolutly :) just gotta get the camera out real quick. Pics will be up in the next few minutes
  16. eyg2181

after a very long time waiting, i finally found a QRX 6500. The beast has loads of power, but only on 3 channels. I switched the fuse from the other channels over to that one just to see if its just a fuse i needed... now i need 2 fuses. it blew that one as well the second i turn the power on...
  17. eyg2181

Sansui QRX 3000 Volume Distortion @ Low Level

I read online about output transistors.... could this be the problem? worth a try? The volume distorts on all channels except the rear left. i have good speakers hooked up now and still have the same problem. one time it weas working perfect, then it did it again, and now it distorts at an...
  18. eyg2181

Does anybody still like 8-track?

it is a shame. this would be my format if they made quadraphonic cassettes. i would actually want to have the format as a main component if they were.
  19. eyg2181

nothin like a mixed 8 track. I got an 8 track with some modern hip hop on it that I made for work ;) it's got kanye west, iyaz, jay Sean, young money, Chris brown, lil wayne, etc
  20. eyg2181

Favorite TV Shows

Family Guy Gilligan's Island Lost One Tree Hill
  21. eyg2181

With all honesty, I've had more dissapointment with cassettes, mainly because of the machines. I just paid 75 bucks for a pioneer ct-m6r and the loading mechanism is shot. Real conveiniant huh? All the others play at wrong speeds too slow too fast or not at all. Yea the fidelity might be a...
  22. eyg2181

Why The Ebay Hate?

generally like eBay, but it can be aggrivating. Just last night the Sansui QRX-6500 in mint condition with original manual and powercord ended. I bid up to the reserve price less than an hour into the auction. I was the ONLY bidder for the whole auction, but in the last 5 seconds, some...
  23. eyg2181

The 8 track format is cool. Period. Think about it... You got a continuous loop that never stops. You pop in the tape, and it plays. Yea, 90% of the machines suck balls, but with a good deck, they CAN sound very good. I got one at work that I'm listening to right now. It's a Craig Model 3307...
  24. eyg2181

Sansui speakers, please advice

Anyone ever hear the SP-5500 or the SP-5000? i saw them on ebay for 600$ BIN, but theres no way its worth that much? is there? The look like Kick-Ass speakers though... with the 15" woofers, and all them tweeters and mid ranges speakers in each cabinet. they way 90 Pounds EACH.
Back
Top Bottom