Search results

1. dontmindme

Recommend a new class A solid state amp? Inexpensive?

might dip my toe into one. Have Klipschorns, Cornwall’s, Heresy’s, and JBLs. Wondering what I’m missing on the source end. A little afraid of tubes.... just don’t want to spend a ton. Currently using a KR-9600. Wondering what to expect? Help?
  2. dontmindme

Klipschorns/Cornwall’s together A/B

Grabbed a set of Cornwall’s a few weeks ago, hooked them up as B speakers on a KR-9600 having the Khorns as A. Have just been switching between the 2 to compare. Today I put them both into play A+B. Wow, what an amazing sound. I think I’ve reached nirvana for this setup. Positioning might not be...
  3. dontmindme

New to me Cornwall’s

just got them home after a days worth of driving..... they have upgraded Crites crossovers and tweeters. Are in fantastic shape and have consecutive serial numbers. Have them in place for now, will hook them up and give them a listen this afternoon. I’m pumped, have been looking for years for a...
  4. dontmindme

Filters, bass, treble, loudness, all the same?

Do these controls basically do the same thing? I’ve got a Kenwood KR-6600 that has high and low filters, bass and treble, accoustic filters and loudness. I know they’re just a way to increase or decrease frequency, but do most receivers actually vary each control the same range or is each...
  5. dontmindme

Missed an SX-1080 and HPM-150’s.......and other stuff

Couldn't get to an auction Saturday for them. 1 owner and I knew him. I’m sure it went cheap, just couldn’t get there.....dang! Anybody here get them?
  6. dontmindme

Cornwall help please

Looking at these. Looks like somebody added the black paint over the raw birch on the face, and added glass tops. Haven’t ever seen the black fronts with raw birch sides as a factory look? The serial number shows 1983. Do they look right for that? Screw terminals for wire connections?
  7. dontmindme

Needle moves too quickly at start to grooves of record

sorry for the thread title.... The problem I’m having is, on my manual PL-41, as soon as I lower the needle, if it’s not exactly at the beginning of the grooves, or start of record, it zips and skips over the first few grooves designed to pull it into the start. If I lower the needle out at...
  8. dontmindme

NEW info? Maybe not

https://www.cnet.com/news/vinyl-record-buyers-are-old-and-lonely-says-new-study/ What say you? Lol,
  9. dontmindme

KR-9600 bass control problem

Been in the family since new. Brought it out of storage a few years ago and had it serviced.....which, ended up being some light cleaning. Anywho, at the time, the tech said the bass control needed a LOT of cleaning and working to get the scratchiness out of it. As time passed, it came back, and...
  10. dontmindme

MA-5100 purchase?

I’m about to dip my toe in the McIntosh pool..... just curious to know opinions on it. I’ve got a set of Khorns I’m wanting it to power. Until this, all I’ve used were Kenwood receivers. Not looking to spend lots of money and this looks like a great option. Power isn’t a huge concern due to the...
  11. dontmindme

Warren Buffet, music store story

Local record shop who’s owners name is Warren, had these shirts printed up as the locals call his place “Warren’s Record Buffet” (think place to eat). Anyway, since he’s in Omaha he figured he’d use Warren Buffets name and likeness till he finds out, then make use of the free publicity if he...
  12. dontmindme

First headphones for 40 years? V-Moda crossfade LP2

Requested Christmas gift. Just got a chance to try them out. Starting with Norah Jones. So far I like it. I’m guessing my wife does too. Gotta get this cord thing worked out though.... have a couple different ones, now 2 connected to get the length I want. Really is a nice experience. Much...
  13. dontmindme

Restoration of Kenwood KR-9600

I've got one that's been in the family since new, still used today. Am wanting it restored, anybody have any ideas. I'm in Nebraska and willing to travel some......
  14. dontmindme

Gotta say it sounded great

Hadn’t been listening to much music over the last few months, Maybe not at all... to much going on. Last night after dinner I put Diana Krall in my Onkyo CD player connected to my KR -6600 and sent it to the Klipschorns. Wow, that sounded nice. Moved on to Rod Stewart then Roberta Flack. Just...
  15. dontmindme

Static/noise issue on album.

I've got an album (Ray Price) that I've cleaned and has no visible issues. But when I play it, during vocals, it has static while Ray Price sings. You don't hear it during music, just evident when he sings. Not noticeable on other albums..... any ideas? I'm guessing it's just the album, can't...
  16. dontmindme

Garage system....

Got a Kenwood KR-V7020 with a sound shaper 110 pushing a set of Heresy HIP's through a SUB1200. Runs mostly the tv but it's also got a digital input for my phone or other source. Need to find a CD player......place is getting a little crowded. Gonna have to uncluttered soon.
  17. dontmindme

Good trade or not?

I've offered my 1978 Klipschhorns with rebuilt Crites crossovers as trade on a brand new in the box from a retailer, set of black Cornwall III's. Who makes out?
  18. dontmindme

help with a bouncy Pioneer PL-A45D turntable

So I've got a PL-A45D that the foam inside the springs has deteriorated. Whether it's the lack of foam or the design in general, it seems pretty "bouncy" in regard to foot falls. Would re-installing some foam in the springs help or is it just the nature of the beast.....? One other question...
  19. dontmindme

Help with Stevie Wonder album?

I'm not all that knowledgeable about the different recordings or pressings on records... That said, I just purchased Songs In The Key of Life off of Amazon and I'm wondering how I know what sort of pressing or what the quality is? Where do I look for that info? Here's a photo of the album..
  20. dontmindme

Just ordered new badges from Klipsch

I've had a set of Heresy II's for quite awhile. When I bought them, they were missing both the Klipsch badges. I've lived with it for years, looking for the OEM from time to time. Every time I find a set, they're way to much $$. Today I ordered the current pie logo replacement for the...
  21. dontmindme

Cramped system in my study....

Been wanting a turntable in my study but I really just don't have the space, so I'm trying this.... It consists of a mint little SX-434 with a PL-A45D turntable feeding a set of Heresy II's with Crites crossovers and upgraded titanium diaphragms. The room is small and the Heresy's don't...
  22. dontmindme

True

23. dontmindme

Good Morning Humor

24. dontmindme

Interesting observation

http://www.chartattack.com/news/2016/01/20/old-music-is-outselling-new-music-for-the-first-time-in-history/
  25. dontmindme

100,000 virgin albums found.....

http://www.startribune.com/hopkins-store-owner-scores-100-000-virgin-vinyl-records-from-west-texas-basement/370671871/
Back
Top Bottom