Search results

1. koseltri

Splashed out on some new wheels...

With yours truly (note the proper stringback driving gloves--I'm a sucker for affectation!).
  2. koseltri

PL-L1000A mistracking

Hi all. I am refurbing one of these that's been on the shelf for years, and I have an issue that doesn't seem to be covered in any service manual. The arm is mistracking, skewed noticeably to the left, which makes adjusting the set-down point impossible (not to mention it gallops to the right...
  3. koseltri

Early Monitor 5 fuses

Howdy all. I have checked all the Monitor 5 threads and haven't seen the info I'm after. I have a set of early ones (like the serials are 100051 and 100058 respectively) with the dual fuses. I'm currently running them in the dining area fed by a hk 570i, cd491, and a B & O TX. When I got...
  4. koseltri

Eugene, OR record show

Anyone else going? I'm bringing a friend of mine who has never been to one before. Wanna meet for lunch, or is that wasting too much precious crate-diving time?
  5. koseltri

I'm in Albuquerque--what to check out?

The wife and I planned/arranged this so fast, I didn't have time to alert anyone of my presence here (we'll be heading west sometime later today). Any interesting/quirky places you could recommend? Not necessarily AK pertinent, but I might have room in the luggage for an LP or two. Both the...
  6. koseltri

These look interesting...except...

well, a couple of things. I can't tell if the downward-firing woof is slot port loaded, the back may be open. And the mid and tweet are mounted in someone's attempt at time alignment, except they look too far back (and maybe odd reflections off the 'shelf'?). What you can see of the cabinets...
  7. koseltri

Reel score

Check it out: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6803&page=197
  8. koseltri

Happy B-day Bucky Badger!

Have a great one, Dan!
  9. koseltri

Drove my 'new' wheels home yesterday...

I found it by accident on CL. It was too nice to pass up, and comes with a complete parts car, which with an *ahem* obscure car like this, is a goldmine. EDIT: Duh, it's a 1969 Rover 2000 TC.
  10. koseltri

Here's the kind of CL seller we all love...

Saw this ad... http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ele/2249566463.html sent an email, finally got this response: "I am not willing to part with these until March 31st and will be selling for more than I asked as I have received so much interest". Gotta love CL. :thumbsdn: I've never...
  11. koseltri

Taken the (drum) plunge...

Picked these up yesterday. A Ludwig 'Accent' set c/w a set of Paiste PST 3 cymbals (they list at $230 by themselves). Cosmetically perfect, and for $350, I'm pleased. My Mum will tell you I've been dumming on whatever came to hand, with whatever came to hand, since I was a toddler (drove her...
  12. koseltri

BGW Amp 'collection'

Should I check these out? I suppose I mean, worth the gamble that they work? This set-up would put paid to the power side of my man-cave home theater... http://salem.craigslist.org/ele/1981485297.html
  13. koseltri

Any of you Seattle-area guys going to Enumclaw?

The wife and I are going to the Highland games this weekend. Any of you guys going to be there?
  14. koseltri

Gonna be in Phoenix next weekend...

Anybody round there recommend good eats? Or perhaps meet up for a good brew, my treat (do they have good brews there?). We'll be driving in from Prescott on Sun. From Ontario this Sat. to Barstow, Kingman, Grand Canyon, Sedona, Prescott. We'll have the wife's new laptop, so I can check my...
  15. koseltri

Anyone still use a standalone CD burner?

Where do you get CD-R's from? I was a Neophyte when I got mine, unknowing the stupid 'consumer music' CD-R's with the ransom--err, extra RIAA fees on them. No, I'm not going to use a computer, don't have a laptop, I'm going to burn my LP's to CD in analog form up to the burner (Pioneer PDR-W739).
  16. koseltri

What's wrong with this picture?

Hmmmm... http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ele/1636549747.html
  17. koseltri

Anyone from the Milwaukie area remember...

A store called "Sound Spectrum"? A few years back (5?), I bought a couple of then-vintage car stereos from them, and had a problem with one, I was going to send it back for possible service, and procrastinated too long. When did they close up shop?
  18. koseltri

Well, my Dad died this morning...

It was very sudden, he was at his athletic club and had just finished his workout, when he collapsed and coudn't be revived. He watched his mother suffer before she died, and didn't want to go that way, so I'm grateful for that. He was 79. I just wasn't expecting to have to wait quite so long...
  19. koseltri

Bishop!!

After watching the 5th Version of Christmas Carol that we have, I looked up Bishop. Damn it sounds good! I may just have to get a bottle of port tomorrow! http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/drink/views/Bishop-233818
  20. koseltri

AR score!

Just brought home a pair of AR90's for 40 clams. I was first, about 2 hrs. after it popped up. Evidently there were calls after mine, and they took a call while I was loading them. All foams are shot, (6 of 'em :yikes:), and the veneer has suffered from sunlight (not to mention the glass...
  21. koseltri

What's in your stuffing/dressing?

I'm cutting up the bread today, and this occured to me. To kick this off, my recipe is a simple sage dressing. Broth for moisture, giblets, lots of white onion, a little salt. We like to call it our 'Pilgrim Dressing', it has been passed down from at least as far back as my Great-grandmother...
  22. koseltri

Is this from a Dual TT?

Found this in the bins at the local electronics joint. I presume this is from a TT? Duals are idler drive, right? This would account for the highly polished motor shaft.
  23. koseltri

look what I get to eat tonight...

My wife's firm has a client that grows these as their business, they bring some in occaisonally. Aforementioned wife won't touch 'em, so they're all mine. Oh yeah, gotta have something to wash it down with...:D
  24. koseltri

I guess this is a score...

I was driving home from Portland on Fri. afternoon, having dropped off another turntable to Susurus to audition, when he called on my cell and told me a friend had just emailed him about some speakers that had just popped up on the Salem CL. It sounded interesting, so I called. I guess I was...
  25. koseltri

Coming to Chicago...wanna meet up?

The wife and I are coming to visit friends, eat some pizza, and do touristy things. We're arriving on the 2nd, leaving godawful early on the 11th. The first weekend will be open, as well as the second Sat. Send me a PM if there's some fave hang-out you have or whatever. I'd like to hit a...
Back
Top Bottom