Search results

1. G

Dead on The Rocks Billy & The Kids 7/12/21

Caught the live sneak peek of this mon. then the entire show was posted last night on youtube. Awesome! ! ! Never really clicked on later(after Jerry) incarnations of the Dead but sure do love this lineup! I hope they post last nights show soon!
  2. G

Now that Logitech has stopped producing remotes...

Had a couple in the past, dont miss them. Both I had were new in package flea market/garage sale finds. Not worthy of retail to me!
  3. G

Package With USPS Shows In Transit To Next Destination But Never Arrives

I made a purchase June 13 from Cali - it has been to 3 cities in Cali. Says in transit updated July 3 - getting worse not better by a long shot.
  4. G

Be honest - how many enjoy the cheap toys just as much?

I have enjoyed a truck load of cheap toys in the past from finds but seems everytime its something I want I have to pony up & pay the price. My 31 dollar preamp & tpa3255 are cheap "toys" in my main listening rig nowadays when everything is expensive.
  5. G

Eagle eyed stereo spotters wanted!

I would take a look for sure. Some hoarders of electronics never research what they have - hence the junk pictured. Only takes one gem for me! Been to a flea market & a gentleman had a 6ft stack of recievers. Mostly bpc - I almost passed by then i spotted an AR Model R & a Proton integrated. He...
  6. G

Never thought Wollensak Reel to Reel can have a bidding war

Wowza! I picked one of those at a garage sale a few years ago for 75 cents. Didnt work - plucked a bugle boy tube from it - rest went to dump.
  7. G

Eagle eyed stereo spotters wanted!

Looks like a Dynaco fm tuner on left stack second unit from top.
  8. G

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Oct.27 2009
  9. G

Got $250 For a $3000-4000 sounding Tube Pre & Amp ?

I had the same exprience with the Voshkods - immediate upgrade in sound over the tubes that came in it.
  10. G

Realistic optimus T-100 Vs Mach 2's Questions

Sorry Guys I am usually against the grain lol. None of my speakers are factory... I didnt mod the Pioneer Cs-99a or Altec Bolero that I just sold though.
  11. G

Yes the T-100 look nice but cheap innards - 175 pretty steep- I gave 10 for my pair at a thrift 2 months ago. I didnt give them much of a chance listening, mediocre sound. Brought home a pair of Polk Rt-16 towers($30) similar to the T-100. The Polks needed a tweeter, much better sounding...
  12. G

Pass on the T-100 for sure. The 8" woofers are very light magnet 16ohms jobbers & a single cap for a crossover. I just gutted a pair- guts went to dump.
  13. G

Fedex Stuck in transit

Ordered 3 tires from Amazon - out for delivery on Fedex truck Monday . Tues, Wednesday, thusrsday, friday, satuday even today out for delivery. Wife has called twice thursday &friday. One tire came friday even though tracking shows delay due to weather. We did have a storm that night- it was...
  14. G

Those forever Craigslist Ads

AUDIO HOME SPEAKERS (UTHA) 60 WATTS SPEAKERS - electronics - by... (craigslist.org)
  15. G

AUDIO HOME SPEAKERS (UTHA) 60 WATTS SPEAKERS - electronics - by... (craigslist.org)
  16. G

These misspelled speakers have been listed for a couple of years before I left Il in 2016! https://bn.craigslistdio-home-speakers-utha-60-watts/7266955264.html.org/ele/d/au
  17. G

Vintage gear - when to unload if looking for $$$?

Still depends on location & just look at big city craiglist. Tons of stuff hoarders trying to unload & not much movement. I recently purged with very little movement on Ak bartertown or Cl at givaway prices. Did have my wife put some stuff on FB marketplace - sold in 15 minutes! The rest is on...
  18. G

Got $250 For a $3000-4000 sounding Tube Pre & Amp ?

The FX tube 01 pre & tpa3116 , tpa3255 amps are endgame for me:music:
  19. G

Who else likes to feel that mid bass slam from their speakers?

I have not read the tht needed a steeper slope but they are a different animal - like a bass cannon.
  20. G

A800 great - class d & 11 lbs. All my amps (not the plate) are class d . Tpa3116& Tpa3255.
  21. G

My thtlp powered by a plate amp, 18s powered by Behringer A800 & crossed with a Coustic car xover.
  22. G

My tuning done by ear. Thought about mini dsp but give me that kind of control I think I would be tinkering more than listening lol. Had the same problem in my previous setup with a Altec crossover/processor .Always tweeking. My hearing not the greatest so I would probably tweek even with a...
  23. G

Big bass pretty easy but realistic good sounding in your room not so easy. In the past I ran 2 thtlp subs but never liked them both playing regardless of placement. Sold one to a friend & built a ported cab with a 15" Dayton. Much improved to my ears. That room was 16 x 24. Nowdays room 12x 17...
  24. G

Hello from Central Illinois!

Welcome from a former Mason City Illinoisan. Robert
  25. G

Tuba home theater low profile http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/
Back
Top Bottom