Search results

1. audiopersyn

Fixed My 30+ year Old Zerostat

Yeah I always zap records while holding them & not on the table. As you can see by the pictures I posted, the mechanism is structurally sound (with the exception of the broken plastic nubs keeping the trigger mechanism in place) but I don't get the "hissing" when squeezing & releasing the...
  2. audiopersyn

Thanks, Rich. I feel the breeze, but I don't get the "hissing" sound as I remember it use to do.
  3. audiopersyn

I should point out that if anyone attempts to pull apart a red Zerostat 3 you probably will break one of the black retaining nubs that attaches the black gun point to the body. You can see what I mean by this picture (the broken piece is sitting off to the left of the gun half) notice the...
  4. audiopersyn

Rich, I used a voltage detector to determine field generation capability & it was positive. I don't seem to be getting the "gentle hissing" you mentioned (I do remember this use to be the case). Any theories as to why I'm not getting the "hiss"?
  5. audiopersyn

Here is the last of the pics of opening up a red Zerostat 3 process.
  6. audiopersyn

Here are some more pictures of the process of opening a red Zerostat 3.
  7. audiopersyn

Ran across this thread today about repairing a Zerostat, so it motivated me to take a part a red Zerostat3 distributed by Discwasher. There where some small broken pieces of red plastic that had fallen out of the trigger hole a year ago, plus the trigger would not open all the way (seemed to re...
  8. audiopersyn

Looking for a Marantz restorer mentor in Minneapolis area

Thanks MAXZ28, I'm hoping there is someone who is willing to "show me the ropes", so to speak, in person so I can maintain the equipment myself. I've opened up my Marantz 2238B, previously, replaced/installed LED lights purchased from a AKer, cleaned controls & have done a good cleaning job on...
  9. audiopersyn

Looking for a Marantz restorer mentor in Minneapolis area

I would like to restore a few Marantz receivers (early to Mid 70's) I have and was wondering if anyone in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota area would like to advise & share their expertise & knowledge and mentor me through this process? You can PM if you'd like.
  10. audiopersyn

question(s) about dac-09

Squeezebox hooked into DAC-09 Ian, I have recently purchased a Squeezebox Touch. I hooked the SBT to the DAC-09 via digital coax. The DAC-09 is hooked up to my Marantz 2238B via the DAC-09 tube outputs into the Marantz's AUX input. In this configuration the digital signal from the SBT is...
  11. audiopersyn

Cleaned 2226B Naked and of her box

My understanding is that DeOxIt has a bit of lubricant that will be left behind, whereas the CRC QD will completely dissipate, there is no lubricant. Is this correct?
  12. audiopersyn

Cleaned 2226B Naked and of her box

DrMux, Probably a redundant question, just want clarification before I do this. With the CRC QD are you just soaking/liberally spraying the board or are you doing the resistors, caps, pots, switches, etc.? How about the tuning section & the relay?
  13. audiopersyn

Power supply problem with Model 26 or Model 27?

In another thread about the Marantz Model 26 someone mentioned that it was either the Model 26 or Model 27 that had a power supply problem. Does anyone know which of those 2 models has a problem with their power supply & exactly what is the problem with their power suppply?
  14. audiopersyn

What's the value of a Model 26?

Airtime (or anyone) what is the problem with the power supply on this unit?
  15. audiopersyn

Sansui SP-70 speakers. Question about the switch on the back.

I have a pair of Sansui SP-70 speakers & I was wondering about the switch on the back. There are 3 settings: Clear - Natural - Soft. I have no owners manual, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what setting to set speakers at (e.g. is there a preference setting for type of music, etc.)?
  16. audiopersyn

What's the value of a Model 26?

What is the current value for a Marantz Model 26 in good condition?
  17. audiopersyn

Best receiver

How about if you already have a receiver, but you wanted to beef it up a bit with a bit more power? Use your existing receiver as a preamp. How about this scenario? Any good mates between one of the lower power Marantz receivers with a higher power amp? Would there be any drawback?
  18. audiopersyn

Best receiver

Would it make sense to mate a 22XX or 23XX Marantz with a power amp? If so, what would be a good combo?
  19. audiopersyn

Best receiver

What model# cabinet does the 2500 in the picture from post #22 using?
  20. audiopersyn

Is this Marantz receiver rare?

So the 2330 & 2330B both have a status of X-Rare? What makes them hard to come by? Where there less manufactured?
  21. audiopersyn

How about specifically the 2330B? Is that rarer than the 2330?
  22. audiopersyn

Is the 2330B considered rarer than other 22XX & 23XX Marantz receivers? According to classicaudio it is considered X-Rare. Are these ratings from classicaudio accurate?
  23. audiopersyn

Best receiver

Would the 2330B be considered as a unit for ease & inexpensiveness of working on like the 2275 mentioned in post by macman007? The 2330B isn't considered a complex receiver to work on, is it? What units begin to become complicated to work on?
  24. audiopersyn

Best receiver

Does anyone have experience comparing the 2330 with the 2330B? Any SQ differences?
  25. audiopersyn

Tube DAC - Macintosh server help please

If you have a Mac that is capable of using a Toslink does the data rate output choices show in Audio Midi? I too purchased the DAC for the tube capability, but also for the USB connectivity. I'm still on the fence about this, because it does have the other options of Toslink, Coax, etc. (if...
Back
Top Bottom