Search results

1. luxmaster

What do I have here?

I bought this amp awhile ago. It definitely looks DIY. It looks more powerful then 60 watts a channel. Looking at the pics can u tell if this thing is well built?
  2. luxmaster

National Research Council of Canada (NRC)

I would like to dedicate this thread to the NRC. I thought I would share some pics of this gem of audio history. During the 80's this was considered ground zero for testing speakers from all over the world. There really was no place like it. No where else could you have found an...
  3. luxmaster

Luxman speaker relays

I know the Luxman speaker relays are very common to eventually go. Well I think my LV 109 is going. I have a couple relays that were ordered to fix a R115 receiver. Does anyone know if I could use the same relays for the LV 109?
  4. luxmaster

Pioneer Elite speakers?

Can anyone vouch for them? I came a across a pair of Elite CS J600 E speakers. There is no information on them. I know usually Elite speakers get good reviews
  5. luxmaster

Subwoofer ?

I have 1 subwoofer and 2 receivers. Can I connect both receivers at the same time into the sub? I would only be using one receiver at a time. One receiver is hooked up thru the line in jacks and the other would be connected thru the speaker terminals input.
  6. luxmaster

Victoria to Vancouver

I'm trying to get speakers from Victoria to the mainland? Does anyone go back and forth on the ferry?
  7. luxmaster

Post your man cave oddities

We all like to decorate our man caves with music memorabilia, posters, Art, lava lamps etc etc.. But I want to know what is uniquely special in your room. Here I have Mr.T listening music and playing Atari. And yes, it does play real Atari games and the stereo plays mini records.
  8. luxmaster

Shipping surprises

So I thought members can post their stories about getting extra stuff or maybe the wrong item in the mail. Some weird things have happened to me in the past couple of months. About 2 months I ordered a belt for my CD player from Portugal. About a month after I receive another package from the...
  9. luxmaster

Digital audio timer?

So I am looking for some.ideas on how I can put my bedroom stereo on a sleep timer. The older audio timers don't accept the AC plug prongs for newer equipment. I can buy a wall socket timer but I'm looking for something I can set on a table top and possibly have a remote.
  10. luxmaster

Sony speaker reborn

Well I could not stand the blackness of this speaker. So I decided to wrap it in wood vinyl and I jave to say these SS CS5's are just stunning now. This is the way Sony should have done it. I really got this idea from another AK member here.
  11. luxmaster

What did I buy?

So I bought these Nikko speaker stands last week. I was going to use them for something but the drivers in these are cheap crap. I'm actually not sure what the proper use for these were for. There is no information about these. It has a 4inch down firing sub that sounds not bad. Musical Bass...
  12. luxmaster

Very Creative posting for free

Found this posted in the free section of CL. Not intended to be political but I thought it was very creative. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/zip/d/north-vancouver-mordaunt-short-ms25/7456194189.html Mordaunt Short MS25 loudspeakers IF INTERESTED PARTY WHO SHOWS ME A RECENTLY DATED...
  13. luxmaster

Post your SEXY music here

Anything Mazy Starr sings is very sexy but i particular like this one.
  14. luxmaster

Anyone else watching this new series? I am really enjoying it. Sam Elliot is so solid. One of my favs. They did a real good job with this one. Very realistic
  15. luxmaster

Energy Reference Con 22 woofer

So i have a very nice pair of these. The woofers are off center. The surround has developed some warpage. Not to sure why. I have never seen it before on any other 22. Anyway i got myself a brand new woofer to install. There is a foam ring that covers the screws. What is the best way to take...
  16. luxmaster

Mid Century speakers to refurbish or not?

So I picked up these speakers the other day. They are so tacky and unusual looking that I had to have them. These L&G S25 speakers sound are impressive. They image well and have a very clean sound. Anyway I kinda like their style but do not blend in with anything in my home. They look like...
  17. luxmaster

Dr. Death

So I am hooked and has to be one of the best mini series I have seen in years. I had no idea about this. I have been watching YouTube vids on this guy. So crazy. I recommend!!!
  18. luxmaster

Ken Fritz: His "Million Dollar System" ends in sadness

Just came across this video in my youtube channel feed. Not sure it has been posted but wanted to share this wonderful story. I envy this man!!
  19. luxmaster

Tweeter ID

I purchased a pair of DIY speakers. Can anyone tell me any info on this Tweeter? If it's high quality or average? It is made in France Thanks
  20. luxmaster

Now that is quite the collection of vinyl.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/manitoba-man-selling-13-000-records-but-that-s-only-part-of-the-collection-1.5346834
  21. luxmaster

Stereo components ID please

I am watching the 1st episode of Knots Landing. Boy does it bring back memories. Does anyone know what turntable and speakers are being featured in the pilot. You can scroll to 19:10 for exact scene but there are others scenes as well.
  22. luxmaster

Hitachi Magic Wand

This is so funny I just have to share it https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/ele/d/vancouver-hitachi-magic-wand-unsullied/7247397095.html Hitachi Magic Wand Massager Model: HV250-R Yeah, I know. "Massager." We all know. Except my Dad. He didn't know. And when he bought this as his latest...
  23. luxmaster

The finger?

Not sure what this is all about but i am sure he is not going to get any interest. Or maybe the wrong kind of interest https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649678486-mcintosh-6300/
  24. luxmaster

Remote sensor missing

So a very strange thing happened to me today. I have a Technics SLP 770 that I have been using on and off for a couple of years. I didn't like the fact that it did not have a remote. I would use it more often if it did. So I finally find the missing remote on eBay for an insanely...
  25. luxmaster

Angstrom Radix 606 speakers anyone?

So a pair of these came up locally. I can't find any info on them. I have seen other reviews of the lower models. Can anyone vouch for these? They do look like an impressive speaker but the lack of info out there tells me otherwise.
Back
Top Bottom