Search results

1. R

Power Conditioner Necessary?

Well they are a business. People tend to purchase things even if they have a placebo effect. Who wouldn't make something if people are going to buy it? :D
  2. R

C47 & MC152 vs. MA9000

Anyone with experience hearing the MC452 or the MC601s care to do a comparison of sound with the MA9000? I am soon going to be in the market for a major upgrade and so far I am considering these two amps paired with either a c52, c2600 or even c2300 (will add a DAC). I have thrown around the...
  3. R

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Long day at work, time for scotch and great music!!!!
  4. R

Eagles Hell Freezes Over by runnin17 posted Jun 30, 2016 at 3:47 PM Eagles Hell Freezes over (Geffen 1994 LP) Very happy about this. It was an ebay purchase and I actually thought it was the 1998 version. Glad to see it is a near mint original 1994 version. Snagged for $100 instead of around...
  5. Eagles Hell Freezes Over

Eagles Hell Freezes Over

6. R

Denon DP-52F locking screw???

I was able to figure this out. M4x6 seems to work perfectly. Now just to find a thumb screw in that size.
  7. R

Denon DP-52F locking screw???

So I bought a new turntable. Denon DP-52F. It is in decent shape. Bought a replacement headshell off LPgear, but sadly I am missing the locking screw. I have downloaded the manual from vinylengine, but no mention of the size of the locking screw. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can go...
  8. R

Just got my new Denon DL-103r installed so I had to also put on my newest LP :)
  9. R

Markshan great seller

Purchased a Donald Fagan LP from him. Fast shipping, good price, LP sounds amazing.
  10. R

What's your latest audio purchase?

I use an ifi Nano for my living room system. It is a great little product. Very neutral DAC IMO.
  11. R

Neil Young Pulls His Music From Streaming Services

His stance is naive. It is definitely about the money. Streaming is a way for people to have more access to the music. I personally do not use a streaming service; however, if Young is concerned about sound quality then he should not be "limiting" his music to people. I think maybe he should...
  12. R

Good price for a pioneer PL-570?

Great information. Makes my decision much, much easier. Thanks so much!
  13. R

It is the real vintage wood 570.
  14. R

Thanks guys. I appreciate the honest feedback :)
  15. R

I have a chance to get a Pioneer PL-570 for around $350. Seller mentions this as the problems: "very good condition PL-570 turntable for repair, will not shut off, on/off buttons do not work, includes tone arm return cam which needs to be replaced----Had brought this to local repair shop...
  16. R

Stylus pressure/force too much?

You know what, I actually pulled those wires tight as I was putting everything back together. I will take it apart and loosen them up under the plinth a bit.
  17. R

I have checked that. It is not touching. The movement of the arm is just too stiff after really checking it out. It is a cheap plastic turntable in the end. Sound is good. I will likely try to work on it a bit more and if no luck then I can at least salvage the cartridge for future use :)
  18. R

The arm isn't damaged. When looking at the the parts and putting everything back together I think the tonearm bearings are just bad. There is not any specific area to lubricate though. I may have to save this for another time when I have more patience to tweak on it. First project getting...
  19. R

Stylus is brand new. Just bought it.
  20. R

Table is level. I have checked that a few times. The tonearm does not move freely from side to side when balanced out though. Looks like I need to replace the bearings or lube them up somehow. I have the service manual to the 6025 (my model is the MRT 625, which looks identical to be...
  21. R

Ah, it is the brown one. So 2-4 grams. Will have to ensure I am not going over 4g. If I still have issues then I will check the tonearm bearings. Thanks.
  22. R

I did balance the tonearm and yes adjusted the counterweight accordingly. Are you sure on the recommended vtf? I bought a replacement stylus and the package on it clearly states 2g. I can try decreasing the vtf. I also need to check if the anti skate is working at all. I will keep tinkering...
  23. R

So picked up a Marantz MRT 625 for $20. It was missing the stylus and belt. Got new ones and the turntable is up and running. Adjusted the tracking force, used a protractor to adjust cartridge alignment and everything is setup properly. The problem is that even with the recommended tracking...
  24. R

Marantz MRT-625 deal :)

Got the new belt and stylus in and got everything up and running. I still need to get an alignment protractor and stylus force gauge (those should be here in a couple of days). So far so good. The sound is good, not as good as my Pro-Ject Carbon, but still for less than $40 to get it up and...
  25. R

Marantz MRT-625 deal :)

Pictures added. I don't think I need to buy a whole new cartridge. I figured I would just buy a replacement stylus. Or should I just buy a new cartridge?
Back
Top Bottom