Search results

1. Yitz

Marantz SR-92 / 96 or SR-XX units for 2-chan music

Looks like I'm gonna end up with some B&W DM600S3s for my desktop speakers... while I love my Sherwood S-7300, I'm concerned it may not have the oomph for B&W (which are rumored to be power hungry). Looking around, I've found that both Yamaha and Marantz have very good reputations in their more...
  2. Yitz

MCS 683-3339R Receiver --decent or junk?

I read thru a few threads on here about MCS in general, and how they've got a few gems and a few turkeys in the line up of their gear. I get the whole "rebranded for JCPenny" thing... but I've found one locally and I have no idea what it is. It's a 683-3339R probably AKA 3339R. It's a stereo...
  3. Yitz

Solid desk speaker choices? B&W DM600 S3?

hey folks, I lurk a bit and read a lot of your fine opinions and I find myself needing more! I'm running a fun budget setup for my Mac mini with a vintage Sherwood S-7300 amp. My speakers are kinda junkers... Teac LS-EX3s, a 60W 6-ohm bookshelf rig with what appears to be a 3.5" woofer. The...
  4. Yitz

Sansui AU-505 Rebuild Questions

hey guys, I've got an old Sansui AU-505 that was my grandfather's. Audiologically speaking, it's not sounding so hot. One channel crackles (right), it seems to be fuzzy until I crank it and then it "connects" better but it is generally sounding a bit distorted on the top and bottom end in BOTH...
  5. Yitz

Oh No Another Advice thread: Which Amp?

Hey guys, I've lurked here often for advice when the searches brought me here... but this time I have a more specific need. I have an older Sansui AU-505 that used to be crackly/dead on one side and then I cleaned it and it was better, and now it's deadish again. It was my...
  6. Yitz

Sansui AU-505 issue (first time poster)

greetings fellow audiophiles... a few years ago I inherited a Sansui AU-505 from my grandfather when he died. It was his that he used when I was growing up, so it has some special meaning to me. Over time, the speakers I have connected to it have gotten a bit crackly, from the amp I am...
Back
Top Bottom