Search results

1. Rey1

Warm Cartridge for Technics SL-1900?

That too. It is so easy to align.
  2. Rey1

Warm Cartridge for Technics SL-1900?

I have a AT-VM95E on my PL-550. It's sounds great, fairly warm. The EN should sound better.
  3. Rey1

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

4. Rey1

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

5. Rey1

6. Rey1

7. Rey1

8. Rey1

PL-550 will only play 180 gram or slightly warped vinyl

BINGO! It was the cueing arm bank. I lowered it and now it's playing fine. Way-to-go guys! Thanks a bunch!
  9. Rey1

Thanks, I'm going to give that a try before I try a VTA adjust.
  10. Rey1

Good point. The stylus hits the record, but I'll have to check the lift bank for clearance. There seems to be an adjustment screw for that as well. Thanks and Greetings from Albuquerque.
  11. Rey1

No I haven't tried a different styli yet. The one I'm using is new.
  12. Rey1

It looks like I have to loosen the two long screws at the base of the arm to lower the VTA and then re-tighten them. I'll give it a try. VTA seems the only logical reason for this issue.
  13. Rey1

Hi everyone, I recently got a PL-550 turntable that has a peculiar problem. It will play 180 gram vinyl like a champ and it will play slightly warped records fine. But it will not play thinner flat records. It just skips in the groove and repeats itself. Cart is a VM 95 E. Stevenson alignment...
  14. Rey1

LP protectant from 1978?

Looks like he had good taste in music!
  15. Rey1

ElectroVoice

Now that's some near field listening!
  16. Rey1

Best little table radio?

Zenith TO
  17. Rey1

Best little table radio?

Sangean wr-12
  18. Rey1

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

Every Vehicle I owned from 1979 to 2016 was a stick. Including such notables as an RX7 and an MGB. I Still miss them. With a stick you control the car acceleration and deacceleration directly. You also save on brake pads.
  19. Rey1

Scott don't get much love either!

Scott and Lafayette are scarce here (southwest). I've never seen a Scott solid state receiver here that wasn't BPC. Scott during it's good years seem to be an east coast thing, even more than Fisher. I'd love to find a nice one
  20. Rey1

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

That's great! Yup, I miss how it was. Problem here is professional pickers. Good stuff still shows up, but the pickers are there while the rest of us are working. I've hit a little lucky streak this month, with the 550 and a pair of Totem Tabu speakers. Good Vinyl is very scarce, but CD's still...
  21. Rey1

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

First good TT I've found in ten years in a thrift. They used to be common.
  22. Rey1

Have you been feeling angrier than usual lately?

Damn yea! My 140 mile commute to work has got me to the point of eruption. Flicked the bird twice today. I'm usually not such an asshole,
Back
Top Bottom