Search results

1. HomeBody

Pioneer CS-77A Tweeter Replacement

I have nice pair and both large tweeters (not horn) have their surrounds rotted. Whats a good replacement speaker?
  2. HomeBody

Sansui Model Eight Dial Lamp Replacement

Anyone here ever replace dial lamps in a Sansui Eight before? What approach did you go or did you disassemble the tuning threads and pulleys. Even the gang box prevented me from accessing the bulb chassis.....and is the dial plate itself glass or plastic. Mine was glued down to a frame so I...
  3. HomeBody

Sansui Face Plate Removal Kink-

Greetings to All..I need to replace some fuse lamps on Sansui Eight...and I see that the headphone jacks and mic jacks are using a slotted spanner nut. How are y'all removing nuts of this kind? I was thinking of using my dremel to cut a socket. Are y'all familiar with what I'm up against? A...
  4. HomeBody

Veneering Question

I'm ready to re-veneer an old pair of pioneer cabinets. Looking on line at Lowes for a source of walnut and all I'm seeing is a roll that you cut with scissors and iron on? The world has changed....is this the norm? I buy a roll and cut to fit like wrapping paper...
  5. HomeBody

SP-2500 placement

Should these speakers be positioned flat on the floor or do owners use speaker stands? I have a pair 8" off the floor with a 5° back tilt. The dual tweets tell me a recap might be :n order. The mids & highs aren't as detailed as my other speakers. Cosmetically, they are museum mint. Thanks..
  6. HomeBody

Do You Enjoy Pipe Tobacco With Your Audio

Curious to know who enjoys a pleasing smoke & whats your favorite blend..
  7. HomeBody

Integrating Sheetrock into Cabinetry

Anyone tried?
  8. HomeBody

BBC-style thin-wall cabinets. Why so special?

http://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/showthread.php?351-BBC-style-thin-wall-cabinets-Why-so-special
  9. HomeBody

Whats with getting booted off...

I keep trying to locate certain threads regarding HPM-100 and Mach Ones...and the AK server boards show me as logged off. Or am I having problems with my end...who knows.. but I'm trying to answer a post regarding HPM-100 restoring modding... Gonna try to list a couple links here for a...
  10. HomeBody

Pioneer CS-N575

3 way w/port at bottom of cabinet. Made in Mexico. Cab Height: 36" Cab Width: 15" Woofer: 10" before surround Midrange: 4.5" Tweet: 2.5" Anyone familiar with this model. Picked a pair up while junkin' for 50 bucks. Dust was the only problem.
  11. HomeBody

SX-3800 from the 'Bay

The wife bought me a 3800 sunday nite. The seller was morgan. It arrived yesterday am with a large dent to the box's side. So we all know the sinking feeling that comes from witnessing such. But morgan's packaging made all the difference. The blow came to the back of the unit, and it appears...
  12. HomeBody

RCA cable polarity

I need to run a pair of RCA cable to a pair of satellite RCA Pro-Minimus 7.... I guess I could look at the woofer's excursion, but how do I determine polarity w/a meter? Thanks-
  13. HomeBody

Akai Speakers?

I've always enjoyed Akai tape decks but I don't remember seeing or listening to an Akai speaker system. Did Akai get into the whole stereo gig at some point?
  14. HomeBody

Onkyo Speaker Opinions

I brought home a pair of Onkyo 3-way Dual-Port Towers.... 12" Woof, 5" mid, 2" tweet. Hooked up to a Pioneer SX-650, then over to a Fisher 1052, next to a Realistic STA-780. Low ends were all but tolerable. Muddy-Runaway-nauseating. Pulled the woofer and discovered a micro-xover...no...
  15. HomeBody

Pioneer SX-3800 lost spring..

I found a Pioneer 3800 on the bay that I would like to bid on but the seller states that a spring must have come out on the FM mute button. So I'm asking myself..."Then where is the spring".... Then I'm realizing..."It has to be in the unit...." As I read the seller's description, they...
  16. HomeBody

Latest Project...RCA

Just brought this puppy home. She's the same make/model I grew up in the early 60's... part tube-part solid state...4 speakers per channel...woofer, two midrangers and tweet for each channel. This will be a joy. It will serve as a sofa table until she's completely restored. Nudies will be sent...
  17. HomeBody

What's the timeout period before...

one gets logged off. I'm trying to cook lunch, scroll around here, answer/ask a post and so on. So in the middle of introducing a question, I get logged out. Now what was the question I was gonna ask here?:scratch2:
  18. HomeBody

Sony CDP-C345

I'm staring at a minty cd player at the thrift store now. 5-Disc changer....High Density Linear Converter.... Attendant on duty allowed me to hook this unit up for testing. All appears really good. No sign of abuse anywhere to be found- front, faceplate, top-sides-bottom-rear.... Seems to...
  19. HomeBody

Loudness Used in CD Recording- Clipping

Seems I heard about some software that would psuedo repair clipped recordings. Case in point: I have Bruce Springsteen's Essential and Audioslave's first release. I think I'm going to splurg and buy the ASlave's LP, but I need to ask here first. As I ripped the cd to the puter in wave...
  20. HomeBody

Fisher's Studio Standard

I noticed the Studio Standard series started somewhere in the mid '70s... I'm curious to receive opinions on this series (70s production). :scratch2:
  21. HomeBody

STA-2100-D No Green Light

This unit came off the Bay last week. Overall, I'd give this unit a 7.5 before cleaning. After using camel's hair brushes, alcohol, and End Dust, she polished up to a very nice 9+ w/a classic satin finish. No dings,dents, wood top and panels are very nice w/no scratches. The Lights are on...
  22. HomeBody

Help in deciding on Technics

Technics has so many many many flavors of TT over the years... I'm well aware of the SL-1200 series as a 'well sought after'....my budget simply can't do it these days...and I'm known for being a 'Shack fan just the same w/a few admired models that I believe came from the Technics production...
  23. HomeBody

Realistic LAB-8500 TT

I'm having a bear of a time locating any information on this unit. What was it's release date? Was it sold outside the USA only? I'm on a quest for one right this minute and its like pulling the enamel off of my teeth locating anything about this gem. Please help and Thanks a MIL-
  24. HomeBody

Help Identifying this TT

I'm considering a Realistic LAB-500. Please look at the photo below and give me your thoughts... The cart appears OEM but not the stylus...and what is the object on the lower left corner? What would it serve- This unit is certainly filthy. Should I go with this unit anyway...?
  25. HomeBody

Cueing Woes- Where'd The Dampning Go?

Good Morning All- I had a sweet Saturday Evening last night. I started to use my Realistic LAB-395 TT, when I noticed a very small screw that came out from underneath the tonearm near the base...Yikes..Yuk...WTH !!!!! WTF !!! This AINT GONNA BE FUN. It's Late..I'm tired and aching...but lets...
Back
Top Bottom