Search results

1. S

RH84-weak sound

Hey Stu! Glad you are choosing to build the Kegger SEUL. You are going to be very happy. As far as the detail and sound stage of the SEUL. With the right loudspeakers it will blow the RH amp out of the water. Scott
  2. S

Paralleling coupling caps

Still some very nice Ampohm PIO copper & tin foil caps available at thetubestore.com. I've used both types and I highly recommend them.
  3. S

High end set amps?

I was looking through my tube stash and found 4 Sylvania 6BG6-GA that have the "large" plates. So i'm putting together an SE amp using 2 of those with a 6SN7 driver. Two 5V4-GA in parallel for the rectifier. We'll see how it goes. Should be pretty cool. Scott
  4. S

Magnavox 8802 visits Kegger

Thanks, I'll try to contact him.
  5. S

Magnavox 8802 visits Kegger

I've searched for the "triode strapped" curves for the 6GH8 to no avail. Do you have a link for that data? Thanks, Scott
  6. S

Vintage radian research-12-3

I realize this is an old post, however I just obtained a pair of the Radian Research 10-3 for free! Can you tell me where or who is doing the refoam? My pair need that also. Thanks.
  7. S

KT88 SE Abdellah (modified by Alex Gendrano) + AK..

Now I understand the question, my bad. My signal in is about 2VRMS max, no volume control, 100K to ground, with no issues using RC cathode bias.
  8. S

Not quite sure of your exact question. The schematic states B+ of 400V. Mine ended up being 425V, works fine. Current draw at 120VAC is 1.17A.
  9. S

Excellent. Thank you very much for the explanation. In this case it appears that 1.2K is just about correct considering that on my build the plate voltage is 397V and the screen/G2 voltage is 396V. Scott
  10. S

screen grid resistor for ultra linear tap Kegger, I used 1.2K from the screen grid to the ultralinear OPT tap per your suggestion and could not be happier with the sound. I have searched high & low searching for how the value of this resistor is calculated and have not been able to come...
  11. S

Hi Kegger, I just wanted to say thanks for your (and everyone else on this forum) suggestions. I finally finished the amp, and when my OPT shipper said "up to 80 days to arrive" he meant it! I used the 220K grid leak, and switchable 330K feedback resistor for ultralinear, although I really...
  12. S

Hi, I noticed on the KT88 SE schematic on your webpage you changed your grid leak resistor to 220K. Did you notice any change in the operation? I realize this appears to be the recommended value. Thanks, Scott
  13. S

Concerning the LC plate filter, this is the choke and capacitor I am going to use. My B+ is calculated to be right at 400V. http://angela.com/hammondchoke155h.aspx http://thetubestore.com/ca-fp-ca-au-10000uf-630v.html
  14. S

I believe I understand enough about this now to give it a go. It may be a while before I actually power-up since after pricing all components it appears that this is about a $600 project. So while I am collecting parts, I will be working on the chassis and wiring layout, and studying more about...
  15. S

Kegger, After delving into the KT88 further, I will use the 220K grid leak resistor. If I am running in triode mode, do I need to use feedback, or should I switch it out along with the 1.2K?
  16. S

Thanks very much for your input and explanation. I may have to try the original and these alternate values, and try with and without feedback for comparison.
  17. S

Thanks for the welcome. I read your "A Different Approach". Interesting concept. Thanks. I've been into electronics since about 1976. Unfortunately for me, a totally different field than Vtubes. I'm still trying to figure it all out.
  18. S

Hello everyone, I am going to build the Abdellah SE KT88 as modified by Alex Gendrano. I have searched the forums and have not been able to find a specific reference to the purpose of the 5H 250R choke and 10uF cap for the 6N1P plate as shown on the schematic...
Back
Top Bottom