Search results

1. koogar519

Stereo Rehab experiences

TWO months!!! I have had great experience with Casper in the past. HOWEVER, I dropped off my Marantz 500 in March of 17. yes going on 2 years! About 6 months I stopped getting any response back on the queue progress when I emailed.
  2. koogar519

Marantz Serial Numbers

I await mine from recap and restoration. My serial number is 1734, I guess mid-run.
  3. koogar519

Marantz 500 value

OK. Better question. WHO would you trust for repairs ,recapping etc? Since what I have heard and read I want one of the best available.
  4. koogar519

Hey i have a pair black gloss 90s interested?

Hey i have a pair black gloss 90s interested?
  5. koogar519

AR9 whatcha think?

Love mine, but don't see him getting the asking price. Thinking in great condition 1k to 1500. Hopefully soon I can get my cross overs upgraded. Love the soft sound that the cone drivers put out. good break from ribbons. Think concenus will be very highly regarded speakers.
  6. koogar519

San Francisco CL...Run, McIntosh System

I bought a C-37 3 years ago for 1275.
  7. koogar519

just bought Infinity Q2

You are going to love them!
  8. koogar519

Renaissance 90 and Acoustic Research AR9

Was very fortunate to be in driving distance and having the funds in the last 3 months to acquire a pair of each of these great classics. They are also in excellent condition.Both together cost 2600. They are different , wouldn't want to , couldn't pick a favorite. The 90s are in the rare...
  9. koogar519

Sansui BA-3000 value?

Keep in mind of unscrupoulus buyers on ebay. I will never list any item of relative expense there. Once the item leaves your hands you are at the total mercy of said party(s).
  10. koogar519

Epicure 400+ storage?

Sounds like you gotta let them go. Good luck. I have a pair needing refinishing/upgrading. They are nice but I found the sound harsh. Maybe it's just me or my electronics.
  11. koogar519

Acoustic Research AR9 vs C-V XLS215 & AL1002?

I was lucky to just find a pair within 2 1/2 hrs and in great shape. I couldn't be happier with them. Imaging,wide, detailed sound field and that natural bass which was previously stated is absolutely correct. I have eliminated the search for a "better" speaker, in my humble opinion they ARE...
  12. koogar519

RS 2.5 active crossover replacement

Excellent. Great procedure. So glad that it worked. Can't wait for mine. Thanks so much .
  13. koogar519

Downers Grove Ca-3000 ebay repair?

So like whom ? May I ask. A good local A-ker would be fine.
  14. koogar519

I need a recap and just lately interfacing it with a equalizer it just went haywire. Hard to explain but basically it needs repair.
  15. koogar519

Anybody deal with these folks? They have had their ad up forever it seems and I thought I might get some feedback here before I ship (purchase). They have great feedback, no negatives.
  16. koogar519

auctions are no longer commitments to buy the item on ebay

There are many ,many real reasons NOT to sell anything expensive on ebay. Sorry state of the site, but it is what it is. Who wants to take a chance on a unscrupulous buyer ? Read too many instances where someone returned product after pulling a part needed and sent back with their defective...
  17. koogar519

Looking for a WTLC Forward Woofer

mklein please see your inbox
  18. koogar519

I have two pairs (4 total)of original WTLC woofers I can ship to you.

I have two pairs (4 total)of original WTLC woofers I can ship to you.
  19. koogar519

Hi could you set aside 2 of these for my 2.5's? Thanks. I am in the same predicament.

Hi could you set aside 2 of these for my 2.5's? Thanks. I am in the same predicament.
  20. koogar519

Infinity transformer internal short?

That's fine with me as long as he puts in the right one. The only specs I can find are from a schematic that indicates -15 and + 15 volt taps feeding out. I am hoping he has the same schematic. Won't know till he returns call.
  21. koogar519

Infinity transformer internal short?

Had my external RS crossover/equalizer (2.5 and 4.5s) for a week when it started blowing fuses. I get a call yesterday that the tech put it on a variac and brought it up successfully, without blowing the fuse. It has stayed on since , and works each time he turns it on. It is no longer blowing...
  22. koogar519

Holy grail boombox

email him with a 2k offer and see his reaction. That might answer a question or two.
  23. koogar519

MC 7270 question

This is interesting. I have a c-37 pre-amp which will introduce a similair "pop". I just acquire a CA-3000 which doesn't. Doesn't matter if I run either with the BA-500 or MC 2500. If the C-37 is in the loop and is shut off before the amp I get the pop. Haven't checked swithc position. Will...
  24. koogar519

Another eBay scam by the same guy...

So his computer was stolen with the break-in? He leads us to believe. THIS is cause for a new seller name ? Jeez. Cpuldn't come up with something better? SMH.
  25. koogar519

A bit of insight would help me sleep at night

Wonder if they possibly misdiagnosed the problem. Admitting to it would probably be too embarrassing so perhaps they thought that if it works now within the price estimate they gave you - you wouldn't challenge them and all would be well?
Back
Top Bottom