Search results

1. Danddd

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

On Tidal released today through my WiiM Pro streamer.
  2. Danddd

Collections: What Do You Have That Is NON-Audio related?

Good thing bikes take up space or I'd have more than the three I have. Although I only ride the ti road bike and trail road bike. The other is my first quality road bike, a 1972 Fuji Finest.
  3. Danddd

If vinyl sounds better than digital, am I using the wrong DAC?

I have a couple of albums that the digital never came close to the LP. My Denafrips ARES II utilizing the WiiM Pro streamer with Tidal or Qobuz now has made those albums come alive equally on my system. My TT is a little bit more expensive than my DAC, a Rega P3 with Grado Gold cartridge...
  4. Danddd

Collections: What Do You Have That Is NON-Audio related?

Got into a fountain pen thing for awhile...I have terrible penmanship, but fountain pens improve it just a bit..
  5. Danddd

Laptop with Daphile vs Wiim Pro for streaming to external DAC

I was using a Mac Mini with Audirvana software to my ARES II. There was no difference in sound from the WiiM Pro when I went to that. But just the ease of use of the WiiM Pro over the Mac Mini is the reason to go to the WiiM. And for $150, it's a good deal. BTW, Audirvana was improvement...
  6. Danddd

To All Us Analogue Enthusiasts Out There

I just don't go with all new lingo :cool:
  7. Danddd

I wrote the artist on prints. He'll let me know as someone has exclusive for a bit. He did mention he read through the comments: "I enjoyed reading through the comments from your peanut gallery there. Particularly the one about the vertical orientation of the record. What you don’t see is that...
  8. Danddd

I'm so old I still call em records....
  9. Danddd

This guy likes to take the 90 degree approach of tilting the album to the TT. A total high class approach that I see isn't appreciated in these circles. BTW, what's vinyls????;)
  10. Danddd

I just emailed him, we'll see if prints are available.
  11. Danddd

Trusted Friend in a Complicated World by Tom Froese I see more than one friend actually....
  12. Danddd

Ditched Amazon Music

I find Qobuz and Tidal have limits on WiiM too. Actual picking and playing is no issue, but some of the functions of the apps are missing, not a big issue though as WiiM is always improving it's interface with apps.
  13. Danddd

Ditched Amazon Music

Man, that's just rude. As an older guy who's futzed around with computer related things since the mid 80's, that's the first thing you do. And not knowing to unplug/plug knows no age.
  14. Danddd

If vinyl sounds better than digital, am I using the wrong DAC?

My TT is a Rega P3 with a Grado Gold cartridge. I prefer the WiiM Pro streaming Tidal/Qobuz through an ARES II DAC. I have two records (Pat Metheny, 80/81 and John Mellencamp, The Lonesome Jubilee) that I have never found equal in sound to the digital recording. With the ARES setup, now it does.
  15. Danddd

Post your photography!!

Serial killers welcome! You can stay, but you can never leave....
  16. Danddd

Cost to sell on eBay

My main point in earlier posts is: don't be afraid of deductions. That camera you bought, that computer you use, postage, wifi, it's all deductible. I do use an accountant for my taxes to make sure it's all good.
  17. Danddd

Cost to sell on eBay

I've been a 1099 for over 20 years and kept all my accounting in excel. If I don't have a receipt then I estimate what I paid. I think if there is an audit and the IRS sees proper bookkeeping then they won't be too bad. When I started as a 1099, I called the IRS (back when you could call...
  18. Danddd

Cost to sell on eBay

eBay definitely brings in higher amounts and I price there accordingly. I keep a spreadsheet of what I am selling with the original purchase price to ward off any IRS issues. The one good thing of selling and keeping books is the write-offs you can take if reporting on taxes.
  19. Danddd

AM radio listening at its best.

I'm in Chicago and there is pretty good AM radio still. I purchased an Eton Elite Executive radio to see what's on the AM airwaves across the country at night. I was a bit disappointed as there really isn't much of any independent broadcasting anymore. A lot of political radio with a right...
  20. Danddd

AM radio listening at its best.

Tommy Emmanuel is the best. This is where having Qobuz or Tidal is so nice in delving through an artist's work.
  21. Danddd

WiiM Pro - iTunes Connect

Duck Duck Go search is your friend: https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000606489-streaming-audio-to-wiim-device-via-airplay-2-with-itunes-on-windows-pc
  22. Danddd

What are you using for photo processing

EPL5 with that 20 is perfect. I can't tell you how many photos I took with that GX7 and Lumix 20 combo. People actually smile at it as it looks like a Leica.
  23. Danddd

Most Average 90's/ early 2000's "Hard Rock" Song?

Oh man, I loved Green Day. I remember in the mid 90s playing Dookie on Friday afternoons in my office when I was a buyer at Shoe Carnival on my little Realistic 10 WPC receiver through Minimus 7 speakers. Everyone would come by to chat. Still have American Idiot and Holiday on my workout...
  24. Danddd

That's why I like M4/3, that and the weight. Maybe time for a rangefinder. I've found people don't find those obtrusive. Even less so than a phone camera. Heck pick up a used Lumix GX9 with a lens and you're good to go.
  25. Danddd

I think shooting that exhibit could be fun with all the people coming by.
Back
Top Bottom