Search results

1. anderslober

Sansui eight deluxe.

Hi forum. I am working on an Eight Deluxe. This unit is in really good condition. Were there 2 different power supply boards for the Eight Deluxe? See pictures below. The board in this unit seems very ‘unpopulated’ cap/diode wise………first picture is here from the forum.
  2. anderslober

Sansui Six stuff.

Hello again forum. A fellow brought over this very nice Sansui Six receiver for service. I think it may be the first Six I have ever done. Very compact build. There are some 0.68uf/25v caps on the amp boards…….havent got any of those. Would 1uf/50v do instead? Power supply is a ‘bitch’ to get...
  3. anderslober

Kenwood kr9400 on bench.

A fellow just brought this unit over for service. No power. Switch was FULL of carbon! Disassembled and cleaned. Power ON…relay click…good! Any experience with ‘JB blue capacitors’? Are they any good? There are a few of those in this unit.
  4. anderslober

Harman 730 blows left speaker.

Hello guys. I have a 730 on the bench that is acting up.The unit blew my left speaker! Anyway…I have 275mV on the left speaker terminal. 0mV on the right terminal. Main in/pre-out is disconnected AND speaker switches are OFF. I dont get it….why do I still have voltage at the left terminal...
  5. anderslober

Harman 730 idle current.

Hi guys. There is nothing frying or blowing up. On the dbt…bright then dim. I have recapped the power amp board and installed new tr’s. The only 2 tr’s NOT changed were the 2sc853 bias tr’s. 2sc1400=ksc1845. The rest [drivers)are ksc2690/ksa1220. Bias diode 1s1211 replaced with one 1n4148. New...
  6. anderslober

Volume potentiometer woes.

Hi forum. I am working on a hk730. All was good until I tried to get sound from it. Nothing. I traced the both channel signals to the volume pot…..it seems nothing is coming out of the volume pot. (And further to the preamp). I desoldered the pot and measured it…..it seems to work fine….ohm...
  7. anderslober

Sansui 5000a bias current.

Hello forum. I have this Sansui 5000a on the bench atm. Unit has recapped ps, amp, phono and pre-amp boards. Do you HAVE to use the 10 ohm resistors on the speaker outputs to set bias? Would 10ohm/2w be enough? I did change the big square oldie diodes on the amp boards to new double 1n4148 in...
  8. anderslober

SX850 cabinet.

Hello again forum. I am still looking for a cabinet/case to complete my sx850. Please let me know if you fellas have anything. Thanks. I think a sx950 case works too.
  9. anderslober

Sansui 5000a LV-2 replacement.

Hello forum. 5000a on the bench. I have never seen such a complicated Sansui! Very, very, VERY difficult to work on. The unit is in excellent, original working condition. It has the F1040 boards with the iffy LV-2 diodes. The way these boards are mounted is amazingly daft. How would you ever...
  10. anderslober

SX980 case/cabinet on SX850?

Hello forum. QQ….will a sx980 case fit a sx850/950? thanks.
  11. anderslober

Pioneer sx850 troubles.

Hello forum. I have a basket case sx850 on the bench. It is frying r38/40 on amp board. 150 ohmers. I tested all the tr’s on the channel….all good. 2sa726’s are changed to ksa992’s. I had all tr’s out and they tested good. The 4 emitter resistors also tested good. 4.7 ohmers and the 0.5 ohm...
  12. anderslober

Harman 430 signal meter.

Hello forum. I have basically fixed all the issues wuth this nice receiver. For the life of me, I cant get the signal meter to work. The meter does work (with AM). I have adjusted vr201/202……no joy…..its like the signal osnt going through…… Any ideas appreciated…..thanks.
  13. anderslober

Pioneer a66x amplifier trouble.

Hello forum. I bought this amp for cheap, because it was non-working. It had a blown Left channel. I changed the min outputs, drivers, emitter resistor and a few other tr’s. Power on dbt is fine….bright then dim. Nothing burns on normal power either. My problem is now a to high voltage at pin8...
  14. anderslober

Harman 430 tuner problems.

Hello forum. I have just got another Harman 430. Tuner seems dead. I did a lot of voltage measuring. Q 205 does not react to muting button being pressed. Voktage should change. Also pin 14 on IC301 measures a bit low at 1.1v…it should be 3.1v. I dont get any hiss (muting or not) or signal...
  15. anderslober

Harman Kardon 430 special.

Hello Forum. I just got this very nice Harman 430 receiver. Dual mono amps! Take a look at the photos…..I found a strange ‘bypass’ gray wire inside. The wire was cut. It does not look like factory. The wire was connected from the EQ board output terminals to the ‘tape 1 output’…..WHY would you...
  16. anderslober

Pioneer sx1000tw problem.

Hello forum…..I am having some problems with this one. Pin 3 on control amp has nice sin wave at 1khz going OUT. See picture Pin 8 has flat-top……why doesnt this flat-top go to pin3? Unit works fine….but distortion on left channel…… I have recapped unit and changed iffy tr’s….
  17. anderslober

Pioneer SA7800 amplifier refurb.

Hi again forum. I just got my grubby hands on a sa7800. The unit is in excellent condition and no one has fiddled with it. Anyway…standard stuff here….NSA amp…touchy touchy. All, except one, of the outputs were blown. Some resistors looked tired, but none are burned. The Sanken outputs are...
  18. anderslober

JVC JA-S77 integrated amplifier.

Hello forum, I found a JA-S77 for peanuts. Amplifier fires up fine on DBT…no shorts…relay clicks. The amp is ultra-dirty and needs washing out. ‍♀️I have begun the process. The only real shame about the amp, is the state of the faceplate. All the lettering is either gone or damaged. Sucks...
  19. anderslober

Luxman LV-105 semi tube amplifier

Hi guys. Working on a Lv105. With main mosfets disconnected, unit comes out of protection on dbt. Voltages are now similar on both amp channels. So….here is the big question: The original mosfets are 2sk405/2sj115…..hard to come by nowadays. I have some K1529\J200 mosfets…….can I put these...
  20. anderslober

2SA1321 replacement.

Hello Sansui folks. I need a replacement for 2sa1321 tr……..any ideas? Seems hard to match. It is for a…….ahem…..aaahh……LV105…..‍
  21. anderslober

Luxman LV-105 need help.

Hello forum. I am fighting a Luxman LV105 amp. Hard to explain……anyway…when I remove r7329, I am able to get the LED to light up. When I install the resistor again, LED goes out and voltages go wonky. The resistor measures fine. All nearby components and mosfets have been tested….they are...
  22. anderslober

Three legged ceramic resistors.

Hello forum. I need to get som 0.22 ohm three legged emitter reaistors. Where can you source the ? Is it possible just to combine 2 resistors? Same wattage of course……will this work in a pinch? It is for a Lux an LV-105. thanks
  23. anderslober

Luxman LV-105 tube amplifier

Hello forum. I have a Luxman LV-105 amp in for repairs. Left channel is iffy. The amp uses mosfets for output. The original mosfets, 2sk405\2sj115 are hard to source. I will sub in 2sk1529/2sj200 mosfets instead. One thing I dont quite understand, is when I apply DBT power to the amp…it comes...
  24. anderslober

Onkyo a8250 problems.

Hello forum. I have an Onkyo a8250 that is smoking r901. I have checked all resistors in the vicinity and the transistors….I have run out og ideas…….. see picture of scat and problem area…… thanks.
  25. anderslober

Onkyo A 8250 problems

Hello forum. I have a A8250 amp on the bench. It is frying r901. I have checked the tr q901...it tested fine. any ideas? Thanks....
Back
Top Bottom