Search results

1. frosty19

(Building a) Case for Sansui 4000

Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep an eye out on line to see what turns up but may just get one built, as that avoids the question of what to do with the "donor" amp. I appreciate all the input from you guys!
  2. frosty19

sansui specs for case Turns out I have all the original documentation that came with the 4000 and that includes a giant diagram for the cabinet on one of these things. It's titled Sansui 4000 Custom Mounting and shows a diagram and all the precise measurements for a cabinet for the 4000...
  3. frosty19

spare amp nope wasn't the original question but might be a worthy alternative. I hadn't even thought of that option, it's worth thin' about. Just have to be careful of breaking the golden rule about accumulating more old gear...
  4. frosty19

I have a Sansui 4000 that doesn't have a case; it came to me that way. Is there a point to looking for one somewhere online or should I just have one built? I'd rather find an original but IF they just aren't around/available...well, you know.
  5. frosty19

headset w/mic rec?

cheap mike might be ok for a time or two.. ...you'll think i'm whacked but I actually do the occasional conference call using my ATH M50's and a plastic Tucan Sam mike (Tucan Sam and a mike sitting on top of a 3" tall palm tree) that I got free for a couple of boxtops or something from a...
  6. frosty19

Official Grateful Dead Thread

1976-06-29 Auditorium theater has anybody else run across this August 6, 1976 show with the relatively rare Mission in the Rain? And then there's the June 14, 1976 Beacon Theater show...maybe my favorite '76 show. The Help/Slip/Franklin is pretty sweet, especially the loooong slipknot...
  7. frosty19

welcome Deadhead....is that Deadhead as in Grateful dead, appreciation of ? There are some of...

welcome Deadhead....is that Deadhead as in Grateful dead, appreciation of ? There are some of those here....
  8. frosty19

recommendation for tech in NW Vermont?

thank you indeed!
  9. frosty19

recommendation for tech in NW Vermont?

I'm considering having my old Sansui 4000 gone thru in the near future and am wondering if anyone can point me at a reliable tech in the NW VT area. I'm hoping to find someone within driving distance rather than having to deal with shipping. The unit seems fully functional and sounds decent...
  10. frosty19

Sony TC-630

glad to help.... ...although I have no clue on the alignment issue....hopefully someone else will have a thought.
  11. frosty19

Sony TC-630

manuals... yeah I have a scanner. when I get a few dull minutes I'll scan them and see if I can figure out how to attach them here... So I scanned the TC630 manual & the schematic but the file for the manual is about 80MB so i figured i shouldn't attach it here. I stuffed it into a shared...
  12. frosty19

Sony TC-630

and I might.... but i know I have no use for it really. and that seems wrong. what a dilemna.
  13. frosty19

Sony TC-630

a year later.... I find checked this TC630 out. Found the manual, reels and even the original schematic tucked in the back of the manual. The most beautiful thing of all is it's completely intact and everything works except i have no mics so couldn't check that. Previous owner apparently...
  14. frosty19

Etymotic MC5 what's up with the filter?

well, I took the filters out and I guess it made a small improvement, but nothing earthhaking. Slightly better bass response, more limber, if that makes any sense. I think they're generally a little clearer, more honest but maybe it's just my ears, or the power of suggestion. Anyway, I like...
  15. frosty19

Etymotic MC5 what's up with the filter?

I just received a pair of Ety MC5's as a gift and wondered about the filter that's in them. They come with a tool to remove & replace the filter. The brochure made it sound like the filter was to "smooth" the music so I'm wondering if just taking them out and leaving them out would be...
  16. frosty19

Sony TC-630

awesome thanks! I know I have a collection of original manuals I found in a drawer - one goes to the Sansui 4000 that came with he house, maybe there's one for the Sony too. I'll keep ya posted.
  17. frosty19

Sony TC-630

I came upon a Sony TC-630 in the back of a closet in a house I recently bought - can anyone tell me if this would be considered a good find? It turns on and all the lights come on, meters etc but I have no tapes to test it out. It has the speakers that came as part of the cover with it and all...
  18. frosty19

Sansui 4000 find for free

Thanks for all the input! As it turns out we got the closing done and the 4000 is now mine. It has no case, apparently that was done away with when they shoe-horned it into an old console. I took it out of there and hooked it up to the big old speakers and it sounds pretty darn good. A...
  19. frosty19

there is also a Sony reel to reel.... same deal. gotta go. Don't know yet if it works or how well -when I find out more I'll post something.:scratch2:
  20. frosty19

Thanks everybody! Once we get closed and I can get it out in the light & take pics I'll post some. The console thing it was transplanted into has two free-standing (well, rolling actually on wheels) speakers, heavy wooden cabinets with what look like volume knobs on the outside. No other...
  21. frosty19

I'm in the process of buying a house and the sellers asked if they could just leave behind the few remaining pieces of furniture etc in the house so we said sure.... well last nite I was poking around and decided to look thru the dumpy old console stereo in the dining room (of all places) and...
  22. frosty19

AR TSW315's worth re-foaming?

Thanks for the steer to audacity - I have it but hadn't realized it did that (I don't use it a whole lot!). Tracking says the kit is enroute and should arrive today...and it so happens the next 4 evenings are free as the Mrs is headed off to a conference....gotta love it when a plan falls into...
  23. frosty19

Thanks for the encouragement and the link to the tutorial- that's pretty helpful, makes me feel a little braver anyway. I'll probably leave the capacitors for another day; I seem to be challenged when it comes to soldering! I'm not sure if the kit I ordered has a cd with the test tone - if...
  24. frosty19

well....finally got around to ordering the re-foam kit. With a little luck I'll get around to that little job soon. Will post pics as I get into it (assuming I can figure out how).:sigh:
  25. frosty19

Best bass intro's....

Rare Earth ...goes back a ways - always liked the beginning of Hey Big Brother although I have no clue who plays bass.,..
Back
Top Bottom