Search results

1. americankiwi

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Only find this week was a single AR3A in rough shape...$3, at a SVDP store
  2. americankiwi

Infinity QLS from Germany

Anyone notice the woofers are missing the black trim rings....you can see the shadow markings where they were on the veneer
  3. americankiwi

Anyone have a Akai GX 747?

i have the 747DBX...mine always powers up in the left to right direction play....how are your auto belt tension arms?...they work on 2 rubber bands...if they are bad you will see the arms moving backwards and forwards untill the unit is powered off...their not too hard to replace PS...the 646...
  4. americankiwi

Infinity QLS 1 Potentiometers

If you want to part with your old watkins...PM me...im trying to restore a basket case set of QLS-1's...im looking for the 2 woofers and 12 mids in any state...I'm missing mine
  5. americankiwi

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

And A big thank you to you too! :thmbsp:
  6. americankiwi

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My Esotec set Here are my Sets, SM-7, SC-7, ST-7 Playing through a set of ESS AMT 1B's , also have the 3250, 2120, 170DC, SD-3020 and not pictured 5030 playing througha set of NS-670's.....and im in search/wanting the SD-7!!
  7. americankiwi

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

My R2R's Sorry about the poor picture, using my cell phone Akai, GX-747Blk , GX-646, GX-636, GX-630, Pioneer 1011L...have a few others too...running them through my Marantz sets re: SM-7,SC-7,ST-7 then also 3250, 2120, 170DC, 5030.
  8. americankiwi

Recommend repair/service , Tucson area?

Hi Guys...Can anyone recommend a good Marantz repair/service person or shop in the Tucson or southern AZ area, or someone here on AK?...i have a SC-7 Pre-Amp that keeps dropping a channel....i've tried deoxing it, no change...so its off for a needed service...thanks...John in Sierra Vista
  9. americankiwi

Tannoy turntables anyone?

I have 2 TM55DD's.....really , the only way is to remove the foot under the lamp area....and use a 1inch hole drill ..kinda mark where the lamp is.....they are rubber mounted in the lamp housing...but if you try to remove the housing from the top you will more than likely damage the wood...
  10. americankiwi

Marantz 3250 pre no headphones out

Thanks for that info.....!! kinda dumb of Marantz!
  11. americankiwi

Marantz 3250 pre no headphones out

Hi guys...im not that very well clued up on Marantz units, but...im on my 3rd!! 3250 preamp that the headphone outs dont work!....was/ is this a common thing to go out on these? i've tried diff' headphones in case i had a bad wire/plug on one.
  12. americankiwi

eBay International Shipping Progam, how does it really work?

I have only heard neg- things about this whole setup....its just another way for Ebay/paypal to squeeze more fee's out of you
  13. americankiwi

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

That clock I pulled that out of the house next door to me...the house was being gutted...nothing was being kept...i mean NOTHING!.......i got about 4-5 beer signs...that was the oldest one....it works too.... also seen is my GX-636, and next to that is a GX-646
  14. americankiwi

GX-747dbx No dust cover..but it is next on the list!....I'll need 3 of them, as I also have a 636 and 646
  15. americankiwi

Akai GX-747dbx it was'nt a thrift store score, but i did score a Black GX-747dbx while i was checking out a car for sale at a guys house, as we were talking about our other hobbies....he said....i have something you might like....i said "no way you got a 747!...he says...even better...its like...
  16. americankiwi

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Akai GX-747-dbx Found this yesterday while i was checking out a car for sale at a guys house...i told him i was into vintage audio....he says...you wanna GX-747dbx ?....i said, "no way you got a GX-747!"....he then says...even better...its NOS in the box!...did'nt exchange cash but i did trade...
  17. americankiwi

Marantz Model 4400 & 5030

I'd be interested in the 5030 Cassette if you do want to sell!....send me a PM
  18. americankiwi

What to do about some crazy lowballer????

send him on a wild goose chase...keep it going for as long as you can...lol....saying...I waited...you never showed...lets try again...lol....2 can play this game...lol
  19. americankiwi

@Cphelps83....Yes you did have a good day at the SVDP, and as he also knows now (we are friends)...we cant buy anything "audio" from our local SA anymore....the SA Tucson corporate policy is, all electronics in southern AZ must now go to the head sorting warehouse in Tucson..no if's, but's, or...
  20. americankiwi

At SVDP Sansui 9090DB 4, SP-2500x speakers Total $100
  21. americankiwi

Those are heathkit speaker boxes..i have the center unit that went with them!
  22. americankiwi

I trained him well....lol
  23. americankiwi

What do you do in Craigslist bidding situation?

@BMW 2002 tii....if you didn't have the cash in hand...and had to get a "loan" from a bank...you really could'nt afford the car in the first place......I never- never go look at a classic car for sale without cash in hand!...if the sale goes through...but I'm unable to drive the car away right...
  24. americankiwi

Scored my first RTR, an Akai GX-646

the problem with mine is the speed...it won't switch, just plays way too fast..I was told this is a transistor problem too, anyone else know?
  25. americankiwi

Scored my first RTR, an Akai GX-646

my 646 "does" suffer from the transistor problem
Back
Top Bottom