Search results

1. A

Yamaha MX-1000 and CX-1000

Beautiful :)
  2. A

Yamaha M-4

3. A

How Selective Are You When Buying Used Vinyl?

I live in a town with over 20 used record stores. Good pickings!!
  4. A

Yamaha M-4

Is the M4 the same as the B4 ?
  5. A

2 LP 180g question

All these "deluxe" 180 g reissues are a nice little racket for record companies. I have yet to hear one that sounds better than an original. Nice little scam. I can't understand anyone who would pay $20 for a Best Of Dire Straights lp on "virgin 180g vinyl" when you can find an original for 50...
  6. A

What is your "go to" vinyl when demonstrating your system?

For myself, it is usually Captain Beyond - 1st lp. If I am playing something for the benefit of someone else, I try to choose something that they are familar with.
  7. A

What is your "go to" vinyl when demonstrating your system?

For myself, it is usually Captain Beyond - 1st lp. If I am playing something for the benefit of someone else, I try to choose something that they are familar with.
  8. A

Holy Cow! Yamaha 101M amplifier

HiFiDo just sold one of these for 250,000 yen
  9. A

Yamaha GT-750 vs GT-2000

Hmmm "upgrade bug" indeed. I actually asked HIFIDO how much they would give me for my PS-X600. They said "1,000 yen". Crazy. I need to get a better cart/stylus. Mine still has the original Sony cart on it. The Yamaha yp-511 looks cool too. Hmmm decisions decisions....
  10. A

Yamaha GT-750 vs GT-2000

I honestly don't have the cash for a 2000. I suppose the "sensible" thing to do is just wait till I have, but when ever did "sensible" come into play in these matters. Now a Kenwood kp-990 has come up. I like the look of this thing!!!! How would this compare to the Yammie 750??
  11. A

Yamaha GT-750 vs GT-2000

Here in Japan there is a large difference in prices for these two. How much better of a performer is the 2000 than the 750? I have seen a 750 lately for under 30,000 yen wheras the 2000 is usually around 100,000. I am tempted to go for the 750 and put a nice cart on it. Of course the worry...
  12. A

Yamaha P2100 score! Pictures!

Been using this for a couple of weeks now with a Yamaha C-70 and a pair of Ns200ma's. So clean,smooth and effortless. I hooked up my CD player directly to the P2100 without going through the C-70 and holy crap. I would like to get one more of these to run another pair of NS200's. I have...
  13. A

Yamaha CD player problem

I thought this thread would have died by now! I have not been back. The shop (a branch of HARD OFF) is 2 hours away... My go back later this month just to check. They had a wood base Pioneer TT and a marble base Aurex TT for less than 2,000 yen each too hehehe
  14. A

Yamaha PC-2002- nice bit of kit!

The thing with the JUNK corner of Hard Off is, in most of the branches they write a description of why it is the JUNK corner. Those reasons range from "it has a scratch on it", to "it doesn't power on" to "everything works perfectly except tape 2" etc etc. A couple of HARD OFF's I go to have...
  15. A

Yamaha PC-2002- nice bit of kit!

HIFIDO are tempting because they have all the gear under one roof, and the selection is outstanding and seems to be all in nice condition. However a trip to a HARD OFF or a recycle store and you can find some of the stuff they sell for less than half the price, usually stuff like Sansui amps...
  16. A

What's a good way to find out if a record is an original pressing?

rate your music's pressing information is woefully inadequate. A quick glance at a couple of prolific bands pages soon revealed that. As for determining whether or not a record is an "original pressing", that will differ for every single record ever pressed. For example I can know the 1st...
  17. A

Yamaha CD player problem

I am sure this player has long been snapped up. Really looking for a decent black Yamaha cd deck and tape deck to go alongside my other black Yamaha gear.
  18. A

....Faint distortion near the end....? PL-A45D

I know this is all helpful stuff and all that but it still fries my brain to think that geometry,protractors and lots of mumbo jumbo are required to listen to a few old records.
  19. A

Japanese Gear price query from Japan based user

For the purpose of peace of mind, would anyone be able to tell me what these items might be worth? Technics SP10MK2 turntable mounted on huge plinth (some superficial damage to plinth), fitted with Fidelity Research tonearm and Ortofon headshell/cartridge (cannot identify the model, it is the...
  20. A

Yama-amps. Big n' heavy.

21. A

Yamaha NS-1000 whats the hype?

These speakers are not expensive in Japan. They are one of the cheaper speakers that you can find in any HIFIDO. I personally am a HUGE fan of the Yamaha sound. Have not owned a pair of these but my recently acquired NS200MA's sound exquisite coupled with a P2100 and a C 70.
  22. A

Yamaha NS200Ma Arrrrrggghh

I got rather angry because I was having trouble connecting the speaker wire. Got me off on the wrong foot with these speakers. Listening to Miles Davis - A Kind Of Blue through them now and that terrible design "fault" has almost been forgotten...
  23. A

Yamaha CD player problem

That is a good point. And I am wondering why, for example HIFIDO still regularly sells "vintage" CD decks for a hefty sum. I wonder what present day Yamaha CD decks are like...
  24. A

Yamaha NS200Ma Arrrrrggghh

Just got a pair. Smooth as silk. Giving them their first run through with Roberta Flack - Chapter Two lp. If anyone read this post before I edited it, I hope you had a good laugh. :)
Back
Top Bottom