Search results

1. 300Z

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

If I had to buy it now, I would go with the newer 2408H-2, it's a lot cheaper. https://www.simplyspeakers.com/jbl-replacement-speaker-driver-2408h-2-5020337x.html
  2. 300Z

I like it a lot, it has better top end extension compared to the DE10 and it's even more efficient, FR needed a little more work to smooth it out but I use a MiniDSP, so that's not a problem, in a passive system it would need more components to get a smooth response, but I really like it. I have...
  3. 300Z

Zaph tested my own DE10s mounted on the ME10 horns back in 2008, you can see the results on his site. I have since moved on to the JBL 2408H mounted on the JBL 6x6 PT waveguide, better top end. For the past 7 years I have been running my old Seas 27TDFC on a SEOS 8, all mated to a B&C 8PS21...
  4. 300Z

The first one looks a lot like the old B&C DE10.
  5. 300Z

Unfortunately I don't have any plans to build anything of that size. I live in a small apt at the moment.
  6. 300Z

I've seen a clone of that waveguide on Aliexpress a few months ago.
  7. 300Z

Better yet would be a JBL 2408H-1 or the one I use 2408H, they cost more but are worth it IMO.
  8. 300Z

Both the 6x6 and 8x8 take 1" screw-on drivers. I have been running the 6x6 for about 10 years or so, running it with the JBL 2408H crossed over to a B&C 8PS21 @2khz/24db/oct electrically via a MiniDSP.
  9. 300Z

How's this being measured?
  10. 300Z

Faital makes really nice stuff, but with only 2mm X-max I would not expect much in the bass region, the more you try to push it the higher the distortion. I would only use this as a midrange. If the budget permits I would try the new B&C 8CL51. It has 4.5mm of geometric X-max but it has enough...
  11. 300Z

A note about the X-max on the Faital, Faital specifies their X-max as [(winding depth - magnetic gap depth)/2] + (magnetic gap depth/3), so the actual geometric X-max on this driver is only 2mm (winding depth - magnetic gap depth)/2.
  12. 300Z

If you're gonna start from scratch and depending on the budget then consider a woofer from B&C, 18 Sound or BMS. I went with B&C and it's coming up on 10 years already since I built mine and I got no regrets and haven't thought about changing anything since.
  13. 300Z

Have a look here. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/34467-flex-your-pcd-mettle?t=215536&page=18
  14. 300Z

I don't use this combo, but there's plenty of people who have used that waveguide with the Selenium D220Ti. I use the 6x6 PT waveguide with JBL2408H CD and B&C 8PS21 woofer, all active.
  15. 300Z

The Denovo waveguide would probably be my first choice but I would go with the B&C DE250 if your budget allows, otherwise I would stick with the PE waveguide and Selenium D220. A note about the Denovo waveguide and that box you're considering, the Denovo waveguide is 13.2" wide and the box is...
  16. 300Z

Perhaps the PRV option? https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-wg35-25-b-1-90-x-60-abs-waveguide-2-bolt--294-2892
  17. 300Z

Why not go with the SEOS-10 waveguide?
  18. 300Z

That's a very old horn, honestly I would never use it myself, if you haven't ordered it yet there are much better choices out there.
  19. 300Z

Yamaha NS-1000 Ebony in the house!

Have you done measurements before the mods?
  20. 300Z

I absolutely would if I could and had a use for it. At $10 each I thinks that's quite a deal.
  21. 300Z

That Peerless driver is really smooth. :)
  22. 300Z

Judging by the pictures that I have seen it looks pretty damn close/same to the QSC to me.
  23. 300Z

What about the PRV clone? http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-wg35-25-b-1-90-x-60-abs-waveguide-2-bolt--294-2892
  24. 300Z

I've been running my system active from the begging back in 2008, initially used a DCX2496 but moved to a MiniDSP around 3,5 years ago.
  25. 300Z

Question about Econowave Large Advent. Polyimide driver?

I used it successfully down to 2.5kHz paired with the B&C 8PS21 and a DCX2496.
Back
Top Bottom