Search results

1. Chad Michael

Old drummer new to forum

Fan of Jeff Porcaro and Simon Philips. Hope we can talk drums sometime (I'm a has been cover band bassist)
  2. Chad Michael

First home set up need helpppp

For sound? I'd take the Bostons all day. (however, the foam woofer surrounds will cause pain sooner or later) That being said, JBL You will be able to find parts and service if needed. The woofer surrounds are pleated cloth. Keep in mind, I re-foamed an old set of Boston Acoustics A40 series...
  3. Chad Michael

My system (Crown amplifier controversy busted)

Years ago, as a gigging musician, my bass amp needed to go for a repair. A bandmate / friend loaned me a Crown PowerBase 1, used a GK as a preamp, and played a couple of gigs with it. I ended up buying it from him (with a blown channel). Still have it, still enjoy it, wish I could fix or pay...
  4. Chad Michael

Holy Grail Turntables

Must say, certainly enjoy seeing these classic decks, especially the ones with a 'gear shift' Reminds me of the ones I used at the radio station
  5. Chad Michael

Holy Grail Turntables

Although we could talk for hours about idler vs belt vs direct... and price points and presentation, this is the one with staying power. It hauls the mail.
  6. Chad Michael

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Yellowjackets - The Red Sea (live) so much love for this :)
  7. Chad Michael

What's Pioneer in your rig?

PL-420 turntable, getting ready to put a cart on it and give it a go. So many beautiful Pioneer components here on this thread, eye candy and ear candy!! Thanks for the pics, they warm my feelers!!!
  8. Chad Michael

$1,000 budget - Which table do you buy?

This is the wheel of steel, it hauls the mail. You could spend a ton of money trying to get there, but this is already there. There are surely tons of vintage turntables (that will likely need work) and modern (which will likely cost dearly) trying to compete with the 1200. I bought mine...
  9. Chad Michael

$1,000 budget - Which table do you buy?

Technics ... they did it right, and still do, it just costs more now :confused:
  10. Chad Michael

Speaker factory - dual 8" tower - anyone know these?

Fell completely in love with the K.E.F. C40 the first time I heard them, I lean towards contemporary jazz, they serve the music very well. Not sure I'd call them 'towers' but they might be your cup of tea, A friend of mine bought C30's (single woofer version) and I bought them from him. But...
  11. Chad Michael

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

(warning... mostly pro audio content below) Over the years of using electric bass amplification of various price points and power levels, I had the good fortune to use a couple of bass amps that had a tube in the preamp section. All of the solid state amps that I ever used, I found myself...
  12. Chad Michael

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Poor road quality!!!! In Washington state we pay sky high road tax on our fuel, yet our roads are literally wheel - cracking, suspension - damaging mine fields of pot holes and bumps!!! Grrrrr :mad:
  13. Chad Michael

A Bit Of An "Update."

While I am not fond of the music in the utoob clip.... congrats on a tape deck that you can enjoy :) Am thankful that I have a functional cassette deck to enjoy some of my old tapes
  14. Chad Michael

The official AK golf thread

Enjoyed watching the pros today... not a golfer, but my brother plays.
  15. Chad Michael

The official AK golf thread

Leaderboard Final Pos Player R4 Thru Total 1 S. Scheffler -4 F -11 2 L. Åberg -3 F -7 T3 M. Homa +1 F -4 T3 C. Morikawa +2 F -4 T3 T. Fleetwood -3 F -4
  16. Chad Michael

Which Choice would you Make?

A tt is supposed to spin at a consistent RPM and be quiet. You can do that with old gear and new gear. I paid $400 for my SL1200 mk 2, I got in before the prices went sky high (roughly 12 years ago). There is a reason why people still talk about and buy Technics - best of luck. to you
  17. Chad Michael

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Corbyn Kites - Lilac Skies
  18. Chad Michael

Requesting Purchase Advise JBL L19

Re-foaming the woofs might be a bit difficult... but you know what they say about assuming. Here's why - after re-foaming my Boston Acoustics A40's, it seemed like a bit of tedious work, but worth the effort. The surrounds glue to the frame from the front, and glue to the cone from the front...
  19. Chad Michael

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

Here are two modern integrateds that warm my feelers
  20. Chad Michael

US Navy Captain shooting rifle.

In my Navy days, had the privilege of firing the 1911, M14, M60, and M2 Target shooting remains a favorite hobby of mine, no full autos (couldn't afford to feed them anyway)
  21. Chad Michael

Which Choice would you Make?

If I was willing and able to throw $$ mentioned.... I'd go for a Technics SL1200GR2, a couple of headshells, and a couple of new cartridges
  22. Chad Michael

Just got my first vintage turntable, a Technics SL-5 what should I do to keep it running for another 40 years.

Congrats on the functional SL5 !! You might want to try vinylengine ...they seem to have knowledgeable folks with the Technics linears. I have an SL7 that I bought new around 1986., it is near and dear to me (Ortofon TM14 cart) Search sl5, sl7, sl10, etc...
  23. Chad Michael

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Steve Winwood "Take It As It Comes" On the Rega speakers I just received
  24. Chad Michael

Share your head fi system.

@Klappco Audio friend just loaned me Sennheiser HD660S.... really enjoying them, and comparing to some of my phones
Back
Top Bottom