Search results

1. AudioWizard

Utracer help, doesn't work

Should I be concerned that the bar graph is lower then +/-100% on a new tube?
  2. AudioWizard

Used the external power supply set to 12.6 volts right at the tube heater and this what I got on the quick test, not much different, just a little higher. I then did the curve trace with Y2 set to Is, looks right? If you guys think this looks ok, I will try some power tubes and see what...
  3. AudioWizard

Ok, I'll try the test again with the external power supply and see if the La goes up testing the new Mcintosh 12AX7A. I will also change the Y2 to Is instead of None. I have been matching your screen shots to see if I can duplicate your results, since I don't know what the hell I'm doing, thanks...
  4. AudioWizard

Ok, using the single socket and filling in values as instructed, it appears to work on the quick test, but on the bar graph the values appear low on a couple of 12AX7A's that I had on the bench. So I went and got a brand new Mcintosh 12AX7A from stock, it measures low too. What could cause this...
  5. AudioWizard

Thank you! I'll try this and report back. If it works with the single tube socket, I will wire it back to the multiple sockets and see what happens.
  6. AudioWizard

So the blank boxes on the quick test are the presetting?
  7. AudioWizard

What does this mean? How can you have two y-axis?
  8. AudioWizard

Again hopefully someone can answer my previous questions;
  9. AudioWizard

Thank you so much, direct and to the point!
  10. AudioWizard

Yes and not any real help, he wants me to send the board to him, but don't want to spend $50+ to find out that the board is fine. It passes all the tests and calibrates just fine, so I think its I problem is on how to use it or ?, there is no operation manual I can find for this software.
  11. AudioWizard

What are the pre settings? And where do I get the pre settings from? I have the correct filament voltage. Can you go into more detail on the connections to do both sections of the tube? I have only been hooking up one section, pins 6,7,8. I saw some mention of using the screen connection , but...
  12. AudioWizard

Remove super glue from pp & kapton

Have you tried CA debonder, available where you purchased CA?
  13. AudioWizard

Cross coupling board??? It's only connected to the Utracer 4 terminal screw connector, nothing else . If it's not clear I'll get a picture?
  14. AudioWizard

Nothing is connected to the utracer board except the one socket with three wires to the board, (G,A,C) plus the two wires to the heater. Yes it passed all tests and calibration shown in the construction manual as mentioned previously.
  15. AudioWizard

Ok, did what you said and wired up a single socket for an 12AX7, short leads using the external power supply and no difference. On the quick test , no bar graph at all as it has always been.
  16. AudioWizard

Modern Mac troubleshooting question re MA352

Sounds good and report back on the out come.
  17. AudioWizard

That Is what I am going to do next as per your suggestion. Might have to use an external heater power supply. Thanks
  18. AudioWizard

I can move them closer to the tube sockets, I was just going by what was shown in the construction manual. Can you explain what the bias thing you mentioned, not sure what the -2 is?
  19. AudioWizard

Is there a dealer close to you? Only dealers and service centers can update firmware. If you have a close dealer you could see if it takes the upgrade and see what happens.
  20. AudioWizard

As a Mcintosh authorized servicer would first update the firmware just to be sure it's the latest, if it would take it. I always update the firmware on units that come in. If it takes it then the processor is running. If that didn't work then it's inside trouble shooting, the processor might...
  21. AudioWizard

Well I put I ferrite beads on every piece of socket wiring and also on the wiring from the board to the the banana plugs, No Change. I emailed Ronald at Utracer no reply so far. About ready to throw the thing in the trash, really disappointed in this thing. I really wanted this thing to work...
  22. AudioWizard

I guess I could try, but it would be a real pain in the ass.
  23. AudioWizard

Just the grid wire coming off the board? Do you think I should put more ferrite beads on all the tube socket wires? I followed what was shown in the construction manual, he has multiple sockets but only a few beads. Pretty disheartening to spend this much time on this thing and it doesn't work.
  24. AudioWizard

Yes, between the three sockets on all the pins, so two per set of pins.
  25. AudioWizard

Is there someone who might be able to help with my new utracer 6? It passed the tests during construction and I completed the cal section fine but it appears not to function for me testing tubes. I tried 6BQ5 and 12AX7. Also there is no bar graph under quick test and it shows run time test error...
Back
Top Bottom