Search results

1. M

McIntosh C46, which Cartridge a MM or MC?

The McIntosh C46 has a 40dB voltage gain. = MM Michael Fremer recommended a Soundsmith. But! My local dealer with 30 years of experience, says "Moving magnets will simply not take you to higher fidelity." Get a high output cartridge, MC! I have no experience in this Field, but would...
  2. M

McIntosh C46, which Cartridge a MM or MC?

Which TT cartridge works best, with the McIntosh C46? I think MM, but do not know for sure. How does one tell with the C46 specifications list, beside asking/trusting a dealer? Thanks for any help.
  3. M

J.a. Michell gyro se turntable

Where, or is there a good place to purchase a J.A. MICHELL GYRO SE TURNTABLE?? Or is MSRP it? Thanks
  4. M

Who in Tampa Bay/St Petersburg FL Area, can restore ML1C speakers??

What is the shops name? All good advice. Thanks!
  5. M

Who in Tampa Bay/St Petersburg FL Area, can restore ML1C speakers??

I had them from their birth, and they look tired when the grills came off. I need a recommendation in the Tampa/St Petersburg Area for an overhaul. Will they use McIntosh speakers (drivers) or replacement, non McIntosh parts being they are so old? Thanks!
  6. M

ML1C/MQ101 combination, Resto.

I will take pictues and post. Thanks.
  7. M

ML1C/MQ101 combination, Resto.

Who in Tampa Bay Area, can restore ML1C speakers?? I have had them new since 1970's Thanks PS I could not figure out how to change the subject line when I tried to edit. Sorry for the Repost elsewhere.
  8. M

MA 2275 has landed!

Good question. Also are the KT88EH tubes (russia) stock tubes? I had warranty work done to mine, and they replaced some of my tubes with these.
  9. M

MA 2275 has landed!

Use the remote to move the volume up or down and it comes off mute. My only complaint. And its a biggie...as I like cans.
  10. M

McIntosh speakers and 80hz slope off

True! It would seem making any speaker play at the fringe of its ability being 80hz, would not be optimal for SQ. A speaker with authority to say 50hz or lower would seem to optimal, with the sub set to take over 80hz and under duties. This would let the speaker play at its best...
  11. M

CS350, XR27, LS320, XLS320, XCS350 ect circa (80hz) ..and even the XLS 340 is rated to 65hz. (the slope off) The XLS360 is 55hz, which would need a sub for certain low notes especially in classical music. It would seem as if making these speakers that go lower (hz) would let you set your...
  12. M

Why do many McIntosh speakers slope off at 80hz? You either have to have a speakers play at the fringe of its capability with limited output, or have your subs crossed-over high, where they are easily located. Thanks
  13. M

CS350 vs XR27 center, RonC?

No flame on, but I have met him, for hours, not a meet and greet. He represents McIntosh but will give opinions that might go against the grain. Which makes him credible, verses pure salesman.
  14. M

Odd reply quadraTOmic. Being that a Salesman would say buy the XR27, it will bring the magic or offer a new product. I think your compass is off.
  15. M

Your honest answers/opinions, make you a most valued member here!
  16. M

Best automatic turntable??

Any companies restore old turntables for resale?
  17. M

Great Antenna !?

That's what I thought also.
  18. M

MCD 201 & MA 2275, Headphone amp?

Do these 2 McIntosh devices benefit from a headphone amp? They sound great now but maybe I am ignorant being that I have never owned one. My cans are Senn. 650. Thanks for opinions.
  19. M

McIntosh LS360 with myamp?

If at a good price, buy them! I own them and its hard to out grow them. Period! I had them in a small room and pushed them with just 75 watts. (MA2275) Now they are in a large room with 500 watts per channel, and bloomed. I liked their sound better then the XLS, and they go to a much...
  20. M

any thoughts on mcintosh ls320 speakers?

They need a sub.! I think they go to 80hz. (Your link did not work for me.) I own them!
  21. M

Shutter Island

I liked it! Compared to most movies in the last 12 months. (Non animation)
  22. M

Beautiful table!! What Fully Auto or Semi Auto tables, are decent players, that are made new today? I found this "Denon DP-300F" anything better out there??
  23. M

Great Antenna !?

Negotiableterms Administrator: Heh, it's also nice to see that Dave's style hasn't changed since 04... Or lack of style...?
  24. M

This gives me a great start. Thanks! Do they make new stackers present day.? (I have a Pro-ject now) (Blackbird cart., I think... purchased years ago)
Back
Top Bottom