Search results

1. oblomov

AKG Q-701 different colors = different prices

Hope is hasn't been discussed before, if so my apologies... Been interested in the Q-701s (Quincy Jones version) I've seen the black, white, and green all at different prices from the same seller. They're all the same headphone, right? Why the different pricing? BTW, I personally like the...
  2. oblomov

Audio Technica Shibata cartridge info?

While my primary listening is not TT, I do love to pull out the old records and enjoy. I have hooked up an old AT TP-112Sa cartridge that was lying around to a not-so-great Sony TT and I must say it sounds fairly impressive to me. Looking around, though, I can't find much info on this...
  3. oblomov

Steely Dan Dr. Wu tape noise

Let's get really trivial, shall we? Anyone else notice the speeded up tape wind sound before the beginning of Dr. Wu? Or maybe this has been done to death and I'm, like usual, well behind the curve?
  4. oblomov

Strange Maxell UD

I haven't seen a Maxell UD like this. Perhaps it is a limited edition or early, inauguaral version? Don't know. Definitely first generation, though. Has the early reel type. Case is black cardboard covered with vinyl which was so popular in early 70s. Bought it NOS, still wrapped. (But of...
  5. oblomov

Output knob: What should it do?

Haven't seen this come up, but it has me confused: My first R2R was a TEAC X-300. Set recording levels, make a recording. During playback, output control (as I would expect) varies the sound level. Output turned all the way down, no sound -- but meters are unaffected. They still reflect...
  6. oblomov

TEAC A-4010S tension arms question

Recently picked up an A-4010S -- very happy with it, works great, BUT... The right tension arm, or automatic shutoff lever as TEAC calls it, seemed to have lost its "springiness" and did not pull the lever back far enough to the right to cut the capstan motor and activate braking when a tape...
Back
Top Bottom