Search results

1. jsixis

My computer is buzzing my speakers.

you still have a ground, the neutral goes to the same place.
  2. jsixis

Using Yamaha's YPAO for speaker setup.

I was impressed with it, it hit my low cut off points right where they were suppose to be when I designed my speakers 52hz on the mains and 80 hz on the surround channels. It also showed that my center channel (bose 201) is extremely weak as it needs a 30db increase hahahaha
  3. jsixis

3rd year in the new home, just me and the wife having fun.

3rd year in the new home, just me and the wife having fun.
  4. jsixis

Home made ES-335 for my kid

awesome job!!
  5. jsixis

In setting up a sound board...a question...maybe more than one?

only when the singer d Only when the singer forgets to turn it on and looks at you like it is your fault, then you have to walk out on stage and turn it on for them. Another problem, when the buy the cheaper shure wireless mic for office meetings, it doesn't have the gain needed for a stage.
  6. jsixis

In setting up a sound board...a question...maybe more than one?

I may have to go back to running sound for bands, I am not looking forward to it but I have learned one thing. Most musicians would rather hear a small amp clip then a large one breathe. They seldom care about clarity and it is really hard to get vocals out front when a drummer plays at 105db...
  7. jsixis

Speaker Efficiency Rising, Falling Or Staying The Same?

OK, let me be clear, I am testing the drivers, not the complete speaker. I am using woofer Tester II for this testing. The majority of the old speakers I am testing came from Tube amp Stereo consoles and tube amp organs and guitar amps. Some were from tube amp TV's. A few were automotive...
  8. jsixis

moved so I wasn't able to play for a year while I packed, then moved and am now unpacking.

moved so I wasn't able to play for a year while I packed, then moved and am now unpacking.
  9. jsixis

Hi-fi vs Pro-audio classification

http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/legacy_docs/S2000_cont-05-2003.pdf my monster samson s2000 is rated at .016% THD at 1/2 power like anyone ever needs 500 watts in a living room
  10. jsixis

Sound Processors For Ambience?

my new yamaha has several halls recreated, they all have a unique sound but I prefer the Cinema for movies and 2 channel for stereo stuff
  11. jsixis

How do you do 3 channel sound (L+C+R)?

I was told to run the two negatives to a center channel, never tried it though
  12. jsixis

Mystique of some Japanese brand names

I was told Rotel was engineered in England and built in Japan
  13. jsixis

Is the home theater craze over or what?

HDMI, ethernet, wireless plus with the microphones set up is easy. My new yamaha sounds sweeter then anything I have ever heard and I stayed at a 5.0 system (5.1 with no sub) I can use my IPad or my Iphone as a remote and I can drive other speakers in other rooms with the bluetooth.
  14. jsixis

As a box maybe, as a driver no and AR's Advents ext were never known for efficiency. The stuff I am testing comes out of tube consoles, Tube TV's, and tube organs.
  15. jsixis

2 Channel, I get it... But what if...

HERE IS MY QUESTION: Since most of what is available these days are H/T type receivers 5.2, 7.2, and more, everything else seems to be "vintage", and I have no desire for more than two speakers; can I use such a receiver with only two speakers while not damaging the receiver or the speakers...
  16. jsixis

Running a 4 ohm amp at 3 ohms causing damage?

only a problem if you get stupid with the volume, lower ohms = more current flow which = the more heat Most amplifiers have some error room
  17. jsixis

Which Car Speakers should I get...

the most sensitive you can buy, go to crutchfield and find some 92db at 1 watt speakers.
  18. jsixis

Been testing hundreds of speakers with my woofer tester. Speakers from the 60's and 70's seem to be in the 90-93db range with some hitting 95. Hard to buy a new speaker above 89 unless you get into PA gear or 4 zeros.
  19. jsixis

Older "AV" receivers with digital inputs... worth getting for audio?

I really enjoy my Yamaha RX V992 for stereo, it has pre outs so you can add a more powerful amp or processing. It is rated at 105 watts stereo and the specs are low enough no one's ears will hear the "noise" You can find them on criagslist and other places for about 100 bucks. I just ordered a...
  20. jsixis

Know the lowest hz of instruments?

B string (5 string bass) on a bass guitar is 28 hz, Kick drum can go as low as 20 hz, Organs have a wider range then pianos. Google it.
  21. jsixis

Anybody know the true frequency response of Hi-Fi VHS?

my mid level quasar unit was 20hz-20khz with 100db of dynamic range. I used it instead of a R2R till it died. Got a good 10 years out of it.
  22. jsixis

Yamaha RX-V379BL on order

I did not see what yamaha you are buying but the better ones have built in programs that will set up your system to where you will never need that EQ. Besides that most of the older EQ's have horrible dynamic range. Hooking up a system with 100db of dynamic range to an eq with 70 or 80 just...
  23. jsixis

what to expect from old HT receiver for 2 channel sound

if you are not in stereo 2 channel mode it will sound like crap. In stereo mode if your ears hear a difference it will be due to speaker placement.
  24. jsixis

Speaker sensitivity

according to my measurements older speakers were much more efficient then one can (on average) find today. The exception would be PA speakers, they have gotten more efficient.
Back
Top Bottom