Search results

1. fandersen

Schiit Bifrost and USB hub

Recently my Schiit Bifrost multibit stopped working. It had been working flawlessly for the previous four years but one day the music starting dropping out and eventually died. My Schiit is connected to a Mac Mini via USB and the Mac could no longer see the DAC. I tried a different USB cable...
  2. fandersen

500T in a 440T?

I recently acquired my first Fisher, a recapped 440T in nice condition. I wanted to review the changes made to the unit and I was surprised the unit didn't match the 440T service manual. Eventually figured out it's a 500T. The serial number of my unit is 65095D and I was wondering if this is a...
  3. fandersen

Resistor on Capacitor Coupled Output

I have often wondered why amplifiers with capacitor coupled outputs have a resistor on the output. See attached schematic snippets as examples. Is it just to drain the capacitors after the amplifier is turned off or is there another reason?
  4. fandersen

Magnets on Speaker Relay?

I'm working on a Nikko Alpha 440 and the speaker relays have magnets glued on the side by the contacts. Anybody know the purpose of the magnets?
  5. fandersen

Sony 2SD45 replacement transistor for TA-1120A?

I have a Sony TA-1120A that needs at least one 2SD45 power transistor and I am having difficulties finding a recommended replacement. I don't have a lot of experience finding suitable replacements for transistors but the MJ15015 or MJ15022 look like possible candidates. Can anybody confirm these...
  6. fandersen

KSC1845 Alternative?

My stock of KSC1845 transistors is getting low and I was about to order some more but both Mouser and Digikey have no stock. Is there any recommended alternative?
  7. fandersen

M8513A-O Varistor replacement

I'm looking for a replacement diode for M8513A-O Varistor diodes in an Onkyo TX-8500. Any suggestions?
  8. fandersen

Pioneer SM-B201

I recently acquired a Pioneer SM-B201 which I think is worth restoring. It still has the original tubes though only about two test ok. It looks like it was dropped at one time in its life as the there is a dent in the chassis on the back. Also the bottom plate is missing. I have found the...
  9. fandersen

Is this a thermistor?

I am restoring an old Telefunken stereo radio and I need help identifying a part. The attached image and snippet of the schematic shows what I believe is a thermistor, but is it NTC or PTC? I have been searching the internet for a 60 ohm thermistor but not having any luck. Any help identifying...
  10. fandersen

Speaker relay for NAD 3150

I'm trying to find a replacement speaker relay for a NAD 3150. The factory relay is a Matsushita 5A250V JD2-DC24V. It also has a number of AJD422. I have googled the web, audiokarma, and diyaudio. Any suggestions as to where I can find one?
  11. fandersen

What causes DC offset to go out of balance?

When measuring the DC offset on an amplifier, what would cause one channel to be high and the other to be low? For example, I just measured the offset on a NAD 3150 and one channel is 65mV and the other is -2mV.
  12. fandersen

What's the purpose of these...

These terminators(?) were plugged into one of the phono inputs on my G-7700 I recently purchased. I took them off as I have never seen anything like this before and I'm not sure of their purpose. They measure 1-2 ohm across the ground and connector. Someone know?
  13. fandersen

G-7700 has low volume

Just purchased a G-7700 which sounded good at the sellers but now that I have it home and hooked up it sounds like it's low on power -- listening at half volume is not very loud. I thought it may have been my Celestion Ditton 25s (4-8ohms impedance) so I tried a set of 8ohm Boston Acoustics with...
Back
Top Bottom