Search results

1. K

HH Scott 272 Restoration

Thanks guys.
  2. K

HH Scott 272 Restoration

Craig, I had some 1.2K 1 watters around which gave me an adjustable range of -30V to -40.5V. So if I had an actual 1K it would probably be pretty close. (Edit: This was with both 2.2K's paralleled with a 1.2K with only one paralleled it gave me a range of -29V to -39.5V)
  3. K

HH Scott 272 Restoration

1. With the voltage balanced in each set, I can get a range of -28V to -38V. 2. Stock values for all can caps except higher voltage and temp ratings. -Info noted on the resistors, I've used those in other projects in the past. I went with metal film on this for whatever reason and was shocked...
  4. K

HH Scott 272 Restoration

I moved the DC bias control adjustment around and the highest I could get it was -37V on the control grids.
  5. K

HH Scott 272 Restoration

Ok I have it on the variac at 117V with rectifier tubes removed. I used one of my alligator jumper wire to temporarily connect the mystery black wire to the ground (+) of the bias supply cans until I fire up the iron again. Measurements made on a Fluke 87 V True RMS 1. Voltage on the control...
  6. K

HH Scott 272 Restoration

Thanks for your reply Craig. -All cans are hayseed, all other caps are yellow ic axial. -Those resisters are 1 watt vishay metal film 1% tolerance. I'm not sure why they are so tiny, I got them off mouser awhile back. I will get those measurements and get back to you.
  7. K

HH Scott 272 Restoration

Well I think it's time to bring myself and this thread back from the dead. I had removed the two bias supply can caps over two years ago, took some pictures before hand, my wife got pregnant, baby was born, baby has not slept through night until this past week, and this beast has sat idle on my...
  8. K

How much cash?

zero to 300 depending where I'm at in the pay cycle. I like to carry a larger amount of cash when I go out of town just in case. As someone else said, cash is king.
  9. K

I need a dutch oven

I use exclusively cast iron cookware and I've always cooked tomato sauce in my massive lodge dutch oven. It doesn't affect your seasoning at all. I also clean my pans with soap and water after every use. Once the seasoning is on there you're not going to take it off by washing the pan :) Soaking...
  10. K

Looking into getting a handgun...

The sw 642 is my daily carry
  11. K

American Diesel in the driveway!

I believe the first run is 12,000. The initial limited release sold 945 units through the end of august Could be wrong who knows? The 945 Figure is accurate though
  12. K

Thanks for the correction! That's a good thing! I get it Wiggy, You're the guy who would try to talk a guy selling penny records into a 5 for 3 cent deal :D Bingo. I can afford it and it's what I wanted. Based on the money earned at work my time is worth more then would be saved screwing...
  13. K

I know we try to run powerservice in our equipment's fuel when we can due to the lower fuel system lubrication provided by the newer ULSD. I really can't tell a mileage different in our tri-axle when it's run or not. It doesn't seem to run any smoother or anything like some people claim...
  14. K

Sweet! I read my cars top speed is 125MPH and limited by the computer at that point. Only one way to find out...:D
  15. K

You hit the nail on the head but I guess what is "better" isn't always what people want. Most people I know into diesel cars/trucks are the involved driver type and would want a manual but on the contrary my local VW dealership always has more automatic diesels stocked than manuals, but yes the...
  16. K

Yeah they really need to add a manual option in the future. Many of the "type" interested in this type of car like to run through the gears. Personally, I used to but after driving a big rig quite a bit at work moving heavy equipment and operating equipment I'd leave it up to the car to shift at...
  17. K

Apparently they initial release was to select markets in a handful of states based on diesel fuel sales not including truck stops. This vehicle is CA emissions approved though so it will be there eventually. There was one at the dealership before mine came in that sold in 2 days and mine arrived...
  18. K

There is a handful of owners in the cruze forum who have 10,000+mi on theirs and it lasts as intented, it also has a digital readout in dash menu for oil life, tire pressures, fuel filter life, and DEF fluid
  19. K

I owned a 95' 4-runner and it was bulletproof once you fixed the common headgasket issue with the 3.0 V6. We own an 07' Honda Civic as well and the new civic was on my list I looked at along with the Mazda 6. Nice cars :thmbsp:
  20. K

Yes there is a 4.5gal tank that lasts 10,000mi and is designed to be filled every 7,500mi oil change. The other comments are absolutely correct. Under no circumstances did I buy this vehicle thinking I'd be "saving". I bought it because diesels are more fun to drive to me, I could afford...
  21. K

How much do you love King Crimson's RED album ?

I love it enough I bought (2) of the new 40th anniversary LP's hoping I'll wear one out.
  22. K

After many years of trusty service I traded my 04' Cavalier I pulled the trigger on the new Chevy Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel. What a fun car to drive, gobs of power and great efficiency. I was worried about it being the first us one in years but it's very well thought out with a proven german...
  23. K

Best bookshelf speakers from the '60s

Altec Boleros, a little on the big side but excellent speakers.
  24. K

Why do Hondas get more miles?

I agree that 3k oil changes are a waste of time. I go 15,000mi or 1 year (usually around 12k for a year) whatever comes first and our vehicles keep going and going. I use Mobil 1 Extended life (15,000mi) I sent oil out to the lab last time I changed her civic with 13k since the last change and...
Back
Top Bottom