Search results

1. Don.Walker

Totem Element Earth Loudspeakers

If you listen to the Earth and do not hear dynamic clean clear music from top to bottom, something is wrong with the setup. I have had the Earth for a year. Just had time to work with room setup in the last week. Wow I am blown away. Sound staging is profoundly realistic. Yes there is a...
  2. Don.Walker

Hi Mike, I have the Earth setup in Fort Collins. I saw you are in CO. You are welcome to...

Hi Mike, I have the Earth setup in Fort Collins. I saw you are in CO. You are welcome to take a listen. Sorry for this plug I am a Totem Dealer, but its a hobby. I like the Earth so much. Set up correctly, they are truly amazing. Fort Collins Audio my contact stuff is on the site...
  3. Don.Walker

Akai GX 266II

This page has some promising statements on the 266II: http://http://slbender.exactpages.com/akai5.html I have not had time to take the back off, but I assume it will have oil tubes on the motors. The tapstan is much different than my TEAC 1250 - not sure how to lube. It does power on....
  4. Don.Walker

Akai GX 266II

Just CLed a Akai GX 266II! A few bumps on the face, but the heads look good. Is this a good machine? What should I do before I run it? Here are some pictures for fun.
  5. Don.Walker

teac 1250 and Factory recorded tapes?

Here is how things are progressing: Toy airplane has 37 watchers and 139 hits Monk, Ellington pre recorded tapes 4 wathers and 20 hits No bids on any pre recorded tapes The cassette tapes are of great interest 15 watchers and 67 hits No one wants Scotch 215 tape A rusty hand...
  6. Don.Walker

Well I paid too much but not crazy. I could not offer less... The woman selling it did not have a job. She said that she was moving but did not know where. I hope she does ok. I have gotten a few nice LPs form the boxes and the Teac 1250 seems like it will be good. I will also end up...
  7. Don.Walker

I am remodeling and hardwood floors cost a bunch even if I do it, so I decided to ebay stuff and see what happens. There will be more gear/tapes show up on CL. Well its interesting. So far there is very little hits and no bids on the RTR stuff(that includes the pre recorded tapes above)...
  8. Don.Walker

thanks for the tip on the Ampex. I am a novice. Here are some of the tapes:
  9. Don.Walker

I popped the back off of 1250 and vacumed the dust. Lubed the motors and ran the machine. Runs pretty quite. Next I will clean the heads and see how it plays. It does not appear to be as good of machine as my 2300, but very much alike. Thanks AAA3330 for the tip that the pre-recorded...
  10. Don.Walker

Almost finshed going though all the boxes - cds, records, tapes, cassets. Seems like a good score. edit : decided that was not very nice. I am playing Nancy Wilson on my 2300 and it sounds good.
  11. Don.Walker

Not sure what I just CL'ed. Most of the tapes are loose in the boxes so the tape is un wound. Is this a problem? Are these prerecorded tapes good to play? So maybe good not so good I have no idea. The 1250 is dirty. The heads need cleaning and such. I have not taken it out of the box...
  12. Don.Walker

Say hello to my little friend. Nice CR-800 in the house.

Very nice. I find the yamaha look beats all the others.
  13. Don.Walker

thanks for the help Yamaha 1020

NOt new surrounds, but the speakers had been sitting for 20 years unused - the son needed money and sold the speakers to the dad. The son left home and thought that he would take the speakers, but dad wanted to be repayed. So the son decided to buy other speakers and dad was left with the...
  14. Don.Walker

$100 thats the price I paid for the 1020. Did you hear a big difference after the rebuild? Denver CL has so much more than Fort Collins. Its a weird place FC CL. Most stuff comes from Loveland! I have have heard an increase in all around quality the longer I have played the setup. Is...
  15. Don.Walker

A month or so ago everyone here help me with a CL Yamaha 1020. I just CL some speakers that work well with the receiver - Celestion DL 10 ($30). So I have been using the 1020 more. Its so nice, the tuner is a joy to use. I have not tried the phono yet. Thanks for all the help!!!
  16. Don.Walker

Magnavox Stereo Console Old Nice - $40 (Loveland)

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/ele/1573235995.html again this is not mine. I would be squeezing the turnip. Looks nice.
  17. Don.Walker

Vintage Zenith Radio/Phonograph Player Console - $50 (Loveland)

Hi John, You are too close to Denver. Denver CL has so much gear, I would have a house full. Here is my site - http://www.fortcollinsaudio.com/ It is an experiment, and so far with out results!
  18. Don.Walker

Vintage Zenith Radio/Phonograph Player Console - $50 (Loveland)

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/ele/1570028879.html I know some of you like this sort of project... NO its not mine. I would try to get more $$$$
  19. Don.Walker

CJ Premier 14 tube replacement

Yes, on ebay they are clo6gk5se to free. I saw 6 6gk5 GE for $5 or something. I currently have GE 6gk5 tubes that have Great Britten on the top. One was noisy so I switched the tubes diagonally across corners. This cleared up the noise. I am not sure if the tubes are giving there best...
  20. Don.Walker

Ok. I am still working on tube replacement. I contacted CJ and a set of tubes cost $140. I don't mind paying that price if they sound better than other sets, if the tubes are likely to be trouble free and if CJ is easy to deal with. I know that 6gk5 tubes can be pretty cheap so it just...
  21. Don.Walker

Which Conrad Johnson tube pres?

there is a Premier 14 on audiogon. You might get the price down closer to $1500.
  22. Don.Walker

Which Conrad Johnson tube pres?

I have had a premier 14 for 2 days now and I am starting to really like it. The Quicksilver Full preamp is just as good but different. I had only heard the lower end CJ preamps before and found them too soft, I think.
  23. Don.Walker

Thanks for the info! I like the sound, full with detail and dynamic. CL you never know. The face cleaned up almost like new. Here are a couple of pictures.
  24. Don.Walker

I just CL'ed a Premier 14, not sure how I got that lucky!? It has a noisy tube. I did a google and did not find much for tubes for it. It has four 6GK5 tubes. Any suggestions? Also is the preamp known to last a long time? What a nice preamp. Thanks!
  25. Don.Walker

Squeezebox power supple question

also I believe that RF may be a big problem with most digital. I did not hear the Transporter for what it is until I used power conditioning and shielded power cable. I also found improvements in the sb3 by shielding the power in and shielding the sb3 itself. adding footers to the...
Back
Top Bottom