Search results

1. stevo137

ADS L710's Craigslist

Here's a set of L710's in Chicago. Vintage ADS L710 Speakers - electronics - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)
  2. stevo137

Solar Sound

Just a test with the smaller off grid system in the basement. Basement is not finished as it’s mostly functional for me. Sounds very good, plenty of very clean power using 1200 watt pure sine wave inverter. Very clean power and sounds great. Just a fun test and happy with results. This...
  3. stevo137

Sherwood S-9000 Smoke!

I expected this Sherwood S-9000 150 watt to need some work but after powering up, it smokes out of the rear left side. Purchased at an estate sale for $35 and happy to get but smoke scares me man! I don't do these types of repairs and there is a great shop an hour from me but not sure if it's...
  4. stevo137

Record Show/Sale Chicago

FYI, I'm not familiar with this sale/show but maybe worth a look if in the Chicago area. https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/gms/d/record-show-music/6402705442.html
  5. stevo137

JBL Decade L36 Chicago

Looks like a nice set of great speakers. I was tempted but don't need any more speakers! FYI https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/jbl-speakers-decade-36-l36/6328493420.html
  6. stevo137

Pioneer HPM-200's

This is not a bad drive for me in Wisconsin and I know they are great speakers but for this price I could think of a lot of other things that I would buy. FYI...
  7. stevo137

Speaker Isolation on Solid Stone

Anyone else try isolating speakers on solid stone such as limestone? It has a great result for me. The stone isolates so well that it absorbs most all vibration but the resonance in the room is very good with low end being very strong and tight. Just trying some different things in the living...
  8. stevo137

Acoustic Research Red Box Improved

I found a mint set of these little AR's today and they appear to be the last version with rubber sourounds and Liquid cooled tweeters. I can't seem to find any info. on them but it appears that they were designed and made in the U.K. I know that there was an earlier version that said "Red Box...
  9. stevo137

Tannoy's Chicago

Looks like a great set. Monsters! Looks like they are also listed on eBay for around $500 more than on this CL add. https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ele/6163764019.html
  10. stevo137

What Did You Sell Today?

My wife has a selling space at a local antique and collectible store and I use a section for selling some old audio pieces, mainly small speakers. I had a Sherwood receiver playing music with a Kenwood CD player every day and people ask if they can buy the Sherwood and I have declined until...
  11. stevo137

The Kentucky Derby, 2017

We would enjoy seeing Patch win and that can happen but Girvin can also surprise. We're going for Patch. Girvin is injured and you need to be at your best for the Derby!
  12. stevo137

Yamaha MX-2000

Nice piece for the collector! Not for me at that price though plus it needs to ship from Japan. What a beautiful Yammi...
  13. stevo137

Favorite Movie Scenes

This is one of my favorites. In The Heat of the Night. This is the definition of writing, acting, directing, producing, all of it. This one scene addresses so many aspects of life while spending practically nothing compared to movies that have spent millions and still have not had a scene as...
  14. stevo137

Amazing deal on speaker wire today!!!

Almost a 60 foot reel of Radio Shack 18 gauge speaker wire for $.25 cents! I've been comparing to my Kimber Kable wires and it sounds just as good to me! ;-)"
  15. stevo137

Sansui 1000x Receiver

Nice! Me likey! Just got the 1000x and giving it a whirl on my DM6's and enjoying the nice warm, full soundstage. I know it's a low power Sansui but I like these low power receivers for some reason. DM6's are very synergistic with this little receiver and this is a mystery to me how this...
  16. stevo137

Carver Amazing's

These don't pass my "if I can't carry them I don't want them" speaker rule but if they did they would be in my listening room by now. https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/ele/6073246296.html
  17. stevo137

DIY'ers, FYI, Chicago

Just saw this listing and looks like this gentleman may have something of interest for amp builders, repairs, tubes etc. FYI. https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/6032948310.html
  18. stevo137

DCM 500's

These look clean. I would take a look but not looking. https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/6062920019.html
  19. stevo137

DIY Subwoofer

Hi folks! I know there are many very good technical people out here and I would appreciate some input as to how I can make a good subwoofer using this Definitive 15 inch woofer. It was a spare that I had from when I owned a set of BP 2000 speakers and it has basically never been used. The...
  20. stevo137

20 Speakers over $100,000

I nice quick look at the worlds most expensive speakers. If money were no object, which ones would you choose? Is there anyone that would NOT choose any of these?
  21. stevo137

B&W DM6

I searched but not much out there. Can some one here that owns or has owned these please provide some input? Do they need the legs to optimize sound? Any other input will be greatly appreciated.
  22. stevo137

Speaker "Break In"

I hope this doesn't turn into a speaker wire type thread because this subject is subjective. My last set of brand new speakers was a set of Definitive BP 2000 towers which I no longer own. I owned them for around 5-6 years and I don't think that they sounded any different from new to used but...
  23. stevo137

Spotify Users Lets Have a Laugh!

Demetri Martin, People Watching.
  24. stevo137

Low Cost Vintage Package Challenge

How much good sound for the lowest cost can be found for a small vintage package? Just put this together for my daughter, she just moved to a city apartment. Scott R 357, $50 Polk Monitor 4.5, $8 Chromecast dac, $30 RCA adapter, $8 Speaker wire, $8 Total: $104 plus my...
  25. stevo137

If You Were a Speaker Which Speaker Would You Be

I would be Infinity QS1's... It will be interesting to see who describes themselves as the "Concert Grands". Please post photos. This is an AK member's QS1's. Man I'm in a strange mood today...
Back
Top Bottom