Search results

1. stewy

Kenwood KX-31 advice

I've found the problem... if you look at the attached picture the problem is with part 235, the little end of spring 504 is supposed to keep the spring under tension... this spring presses against the post that raises the play heads. The problem on my deck is part 235 is cracked and the little...
  2. stewy

Kenwood KX-31 advice

Decided to try my hand at cassette deck repair... yikes... I bought an inexpensive Kenwood KX-31 off of ebay that didn't work but the displays all lit up. I figured it was a simple belt replacement. It came apart relatively easy and I was able to replace the belts within an hour. After holding...
  3. stewy

Luxman R-1050 tuner fuse issue

Thought I might report back... my tuner isn't working this morning... I assume it's blown the fuse. :(
  4. stewy

Hah, you read my mind... I was just looking up antennas online and wondering if I could just build something or if I have something laying around I could use... I have a little telescopic antenna that came with my little usb sdr tuner... it's meant for fm radio... just not sure if it's 75 or...
  5. stewy

lol... 6 year old thread... I finally just replaced the fuse and turned it on to see what would happen... replaced it with a 250V, 0.5A.... looks like a fast blow. Been listening to the radio for about half hour and all seems fine so far. I have no antenna but it's picking up the location...
  6. stewy

SL-1200mk2 warm up before platter spins

Anyone know if this is a known issue that can be fairly easily corrected?... thinking about picking one up but I'm not getting any hits when I google the issue.
  7. stewy

Technics Turntable Noise, can you help diagnose?

Sorry, I never did find an answer... still have the table though it's just not my main unit anymore. Let me know if you get to the bottom of it.
  8. stewy

Hey, I just googled this issue and found your thread. Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have the same receiver and noticed a while back that the tuner did not work. I only use it for a turntable amplifier so I didn't do anything with it at the time. I took it apart this weekend to clean out...
  9. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

Yes, but there's no proper way to fill out the form for me. I tried. Because I'm Canadian but bought it from the US it makes it slightly more complicated. I think the only way to get it sorted is to call.
  10. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

Nothing to report, called last week but it was after hours. Like someone mentioned earlier... my time is valuable and it's annoying I have to spend any of it doing this. Especially since I've already done it once.
  11. stewy

I need help buying a stylus (and maybe a cart).

I usually go to NYC a couple of times a year sometimes with work, sometimes for pleasure. I'm going to look at picking up a few more of these next time I'm there. Thanks so much for the hot tip!
  12. stewy

Crossed the border yesterday to pick up the package.... they were packed well in a box with bubble wrap. I declared them on the way back (I like to travel in the states and travel there with work a few times a year so NOT getting my name on a list so I can get hassled each time I cross the...
  13. stewy

I guess because there's not as many places to buy locally... and a lot of times shipping and duty can ruin any kind of deal you can get from the states.
  14. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

yeah I think I will but this time I'm going to call.
  15. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

Yes, this is what I did except I guess I was supposed to contact Shure US because I bought it in the US.
  16. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

Just following up... this is the response I got. Good day John, Unfortunately, KAB Electro Acoustics are not an authorized Shure reseller. Therefore Shure Canada cannot assist you with your claim for service or warranty. I suggest you either get in touch with Shure US for assistance or...
  17. stewy

Got an email today saying the package is ready to be picked up. :)
  18. stewy

I live about 30 minutes from border... had them shipped to a kinek point just on the other side of the border in NY.
  19. stewy

Thank you thank you thank you... they just became available today and I bought two!
  20. stewy

Being Canadian I feel my choices are somewhat limited... I'm looking for a new stylus for my AT440mla cart. Just can't bring myself to pay $300 for the microline stylus right now. I've bought a ATN120EB one before for this cart and I'm satisfied with it... just want to make sure that at $130 I'm...
  21. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

Sadly it actually did... but I assumed it was an issue with the headshell not making a connection with the contacts in the tonearm... and since it was my backup cart I didn't put much effort into investigating. The last thing I thought it would be was the cart since they typically last a very...
  22. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

I've let him know the situation... at least now I should be able to get proof of purchase!
  23. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

Just realized why I can't find it on amazon... I'm fairly certain I bought it from kabusa.
  24. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

I hope they don't request a receipt because I can't find any proof of purchase. I'm fairly certain I ordered it on amazon but I can't find it in my order history on amazon.ca and the archived orders on amazon.com are broken at the moment and I can't retrieve them at all. I know when I received...
  25. stewy

Shure M97xE failed

This one was a backup on a second TT... it was very lightly used and not at all abused.
Back
Top Bottom