Search results

1. wmgwizard

HiFiMan SUNDARA Closed-Back are disappointing

FWIW My Sundara's took almost 200 hours before they started to shine......
  2. wmgwizard

Yamaha HP-1find

Never had a pair of Grado's, tried a pair on once and felt like my head was in a vice. Don't care how good they may sound if they are uncomfortable. I currently run a pair of HiFiman Sundara's and am very happy with them.
  3. wmgwizard

Yamaha HP-1find

Had a pair years ago and found them fairly comfortable and I thought they sounded pretty good. Clear, detailed but perhaps a little light on the bass.
  4. wmgwizard

Pairing a Yamaha CA-2000 with Polk SDA 2

Hello LA92, welcome to AK. You have to start somewhere and your choices/options are a very good starting point. I do not believe you would have any issues driving the Polks with the Yamaha you mention. Wether or not that becomes your "end game" system will remain to be seen. I suspect though...
  5. wmgwizard

repair damage to vintage pioneer amp faceplate?

As mentioned, Mothers Mag wheel polish should remove the oxidation but be careful around the letters/numbers. A dab of clear nail polish over the area should protect the area.
  6. wmgwizard

Just curious.

The individual drivers in a speaker each has its own frequency range it is designed to reproduce. A crossovers job is to prevent the individual drivers from trying to reproduce frequencies they were not designed to reproduce.
  7. wmgwizard

Three low end receivers, which one is the best?

Unless the OP listens at moderate to loud levels, I contend there probably wouldn't be much difference. It's the quality of the watts, not always the quantity.
  8. wmgwizard

Three low end receivers, which one is the best?

I think that between the available options there is no clear winner. I doubt you would notice much, if any difference between yiur current Kenwood and either of the Onkyo's.
  9. wmgwizard

Speaker factory - dual 8" tower - anyone know these?

If it seems too good to be true......
  10. wmgwizard

Want to use Bose 901 series IV on B speaker out and Bose 901 Series V on A speaker out.

Proceed with caution...... The low impedance combined with the eq's aggressive curve can put a strain on your amp. Keep an eye on the temperature of the amp.
  11. wmgwizard

Need help understanding the connectors on an Onkyo A-RV401

Please post pictures of connectors
  12. wmgwizard

Onkyo A7 little bass on right side

Removing/replacing the pre‐out jumpers should not cause any damage unless the volume was set fairly high at the time. Turn power off, unplug, check any fuses and power it back up. Have you confirmed the polarity of your speaker wires is correct ?? Red/+ terminal of amp to red/+ of speaker...
  13. wmgwizard

Why won't my iPod play through my DAC?

Life is full of compromises, every solution comes with it's own set of problems.
  14. wmgwizard

What about BlueTooth..........some BT receivers have optical(TosLink) outputs that could be fed to your DAC ? There are BT adapters that can be connected to your iPod and would allow you to use either your ipod or Android device ?
  15. wmgwizard

CD-r Heroes....??

It depends on a couple of things..... It's probably not your CD players fault but the formatting of the disc or the files on it. What is the format (WMA, MP3/4, AAC etc) of the files being burned to the disc, computers can play from a wider variety than CD players. I also seem to remember...
  16. wmgwizard

If you are not using an "Apple Approved" cable you may experience issues similar to yours. There is probably a setting in your android phone's USB settings you need to manipulate to get audio from the USB port.
  17. wmgwizard

Cassette Deck Recommendations?

I will rock the boat and ask.....Why ?? Why cassette ?? The wow/flutter, the noise, head wear, belts/capstan replacement, tapes themselves are getting rare and expensive and brittler by the day ??? Where is the up side beyond saying you have one ??
  18. wmgwizard

Need advice on replacing Magnepan MG-IIc tweeter

Tough to be conclusive based on the picture but there may be multiple breaks in the wire
  19. wmgwizard

Sorry, I'm confused.........If there is continuity then the tweeter should work.
  20. wmgwizard

Sourcing your own parts/supplies will probably not save you much money by the time you pay for shipping and taxes on multiple pruchases, the Magnepan supplied kit is really a cost effective solution. While $140 is not exactly cheap, you wont find anything that comes close for that kind of money...
  21. wmgwizard

checked visually or with a meter ?
  22. wmgwizard

Did you check the fuse ??
  23. wmgwizard

Magnepan LRS and LRS+ Tips, Tricks and Mods

While placement and room treatment affect all speakers, Maggie's seem to be especially particular to get the best results. They are very "polite" speakers, they excel with most musical genres but IME are not well suited to heavy metal or rap at high spl's. A good, sealed, high power sub is...
  24. wmgwizard

Retail (vintage/high end) Audio, secret handshake or something?

Right off the rails here.....sorry Tipping / Tip is an acronym for "To Insure Promptness". When the tradition/falacy started it was initiated by the "upper crust" where they would slip the Matre-de something to ensure they got moved to the front of the line for the best table's. Somehow it has...
  25. wmgwizard

Retail (vintage/high end) Audio, secret handshake or something?

Sadly the levels of apathy and incompetence extend far beyond HiFi shops and car stealerships. Tried to order a Whopper without pickels and you would swear I asked the girl to cut her arm off, she literally asked if I couldn't just pick them off the sandwich myself...wtf !!
Back
Top Bottom