Search results

1. Gary Indiana

Looking for Service Manual for Bose Radio/CD model AWRC-1P or AWRC-1G

Correct! https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/bose/wave-radio-cd.shtml I just got one with the pedestal from Goodwill for $20. All works except for volume (-) and power buttons. No remote, but replacements are $7+ on ebay.
  2. Gary Indiana

JVC FS2000 CD door binding

Thank you so much for the helpful tip! I did that and the next day the door in my JVC FS-2000 started binding again; it did not open properly without help from my finger. I found that a slightly smaller o-ring works better. I got one that is 1/16" smaller in diameter. I paid for it 79 cents at...
  3. Gary Indiana

CDM-9 / Rotel RCD-975 broken tray gear

My Rotel RCD-970 had another intermittent problem: once in a while the display would go dark, music stops, power LED stays ON, tray can be opened when I push the button. Then CD would play for a minute, stop by itself & display goes dark, etc. When it cooled off, it would play fine again for 1-3...
  4. Gary Indiana

Sony CDP302ES Digital Out & DAC mods

Hi Cizeta, great thread. What you did is fairly advanced. Now, could you suggest a simple tap to an external DAC? Without adding and/or replacing too much in the original CDP302ES? Thank you in advance.
  5. Gary Indiana

CDM-9 / Rotel RCD-975 broken tray gear

I just got a beautifully made Rotel RCD-970 at Goodwill for $8. All works except for the stripped tray gear. This is a very common problem with many good CD players using the Philips CDM9 transport. It is also easy to fix. Here's a to do: Go on ebay and search "CDM9 gear" you will find them...
  6. Gary Indiana

Bad Germanium diodes from Ebay

Most times that is not a problem. But this time: boy, oh boy! :tears:
  7. Gary Indiana

Here is what I needed the Ge diodes for. I'm putting together an ESR cap checker, like here and in the schematic below. Plenty inexpensive ESR testers on ebay but all those priced below $100 are digital. I prefer the analog ones with electromagnetic meter (needle). I already ordered NOS...
  8. Gary Indiana

I agree 100% with that. Newark is v. good too. However, the problem with small orders could be their shipping cost and min. order. This I posted here because of surprisingly bad quality: 90% failure of brand new parts.
  9. Gary Indiana

New electronic parts from China are a hit and miss. They are cheap and they test OK 90% of the time, in my experience. A couple of weeks ago I ordered ten new 1N34 Germanium diodes from China. They arrived today and when I tested them only one out of the ten worked! The remaining nine showed...
  10. Gary Indiana

Remote control for NAD receiver for under $5

I got the cheap ugly one for testing and it programs easily and works well. It takes 2 AAAs. And that's the "upscale" model for about $5,
  11. Gary Indiana

NAD (L40) display dim, repair?

Also look up electroluminescent panel on ebay. Plenty there and cheap. Here is tutorial how to cut them to size.
  12. Gary Indiana

This seems to be a common problem. Here is L40 with a working backlit LCD display, although it isn't too bright, And here is one with a dim display, The L40 service manual has the following schematic of the EL board, And shows the following layout of it, If you...
  13. Gary Indiana

NAD L40 weak/slow CD tray problem That is interesting! I noticed that the NAD L40 has identical transport drive as NAD 541 CD player - also known for CD tray going bad. I fixed successfully 3 of the 541 transports, but have not had any L40 in my hands, so far. The L40 service manual...
  14. Gary Indiana

Remote control for NAD receiver for under $5

Recently I bought a NAD 705 receiver for cheap. It was not working but in like-new cosmetic condition. The repair involved fixing a blacked out display and re-soldering some bad connections. Now the NAD works and sounds as new, but … The NAD 705 was sold without original remote. Replacement...
  15. Gary Indiana

NAD 705 receiver dead - no sound - repair - sharing a DIY experience

These sonically great receivers NAD 705 of the early to mid 90's are notorious for bad displays and occasionally: bad solder connections. Repairs will require at least some soldering skills. The most common problem - dead display - is relatively easy to mend (as described here). The two...
  16. Gary Indiana

NAD display repair - sharing DIY experience

Solid info! However, Deoxit could be the easiest/cheapest/fastest/best way to fix an old interrupting speaker relay, IMO. A shot of spray on the contacts gives them another lifetime. A can of Deoxit costs around $10 - $15 from Amazon or ebay.
  17. Gary Indiana

It is unusual for LEDs supplied with their nominal current, or below it, to dim. Your resistors in the picture are 1 kOhm each, and so the current thru each LED is about 12 mA (15 VDC - 3 V drop on LED = 12 V / 1000 Ohm = 12 mA). Most LEDs of this size nominally run on 20 mA, but perhaps yours...
  18. Gary Indiana

Ray, that's a brilliant idea with LED illuminated tape. In the project above two one-inch long pieces, with 3 LEDs each, would be perfect. And the price is right, too. Will try this out in my next fix.
  19. Gary Indiana

NAD 705 Dead Dark Display I came across another NAD 705 with bad display. It was gotten off Craigslist for $80. This time I used regular warm white LEDs, three in series in place of each of the two bad bulbs. Bag of 50 LEDs cost me $2 total - shipped off ebay. Here's the math [Ohm's...
  20. Gary Indiana

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I know exactly how you feel :beerchug: My last week's GW score: $1.99 each for Polk Monitor 4 from around 1982 - in mint condition, no need to refoam or regrill, or re anything. Where I live this kind of score doesn't pop often. These are quite heavy (13.4 lb ea) and sound amazing...
  21. Gary Indiana

Lepai Tripath LP-2020A+ mini Amp dissected

You did, Sir. Thank you. :thmbsp:
  22. Gary Indiana

Lepai Tripath LP-2020A+ mini Amp dissected

One Redshift187 from diyAudio forum reverse engineered the Lepai's input circuit and posted a schematic. That's where the two 4558 Op-amps are found. The power output section is a standard TA2020 application found on data sheet PDF (just google "TA2020 data sheet"). All credit for drawing up...
  23. Gary Indiana

Magnavox CDB-460 = Philips CD-460 repaired

Hi Martian, sorry about the late response. What I found somewhere on the web was a detailed English schematic of Philips CD-460, of which my Mgnavox CDB-460 is a clone.
Back
Top Bottom