Search results

1. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

I wanna thank you guys for so much help so far,that I can learn more how these work, I try to do testing tonight,and see results
  2. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

3. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

I was moving power cord from the side of chassis to the back of it,that's when I unsoldered those 2 wires,but even before moving these it would not power,when I got this amp there was yellow stains under chassis,which I cleaned,could this be laquer melt from trafo or can cap?
  4. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Great,thanks I will start testing tomorrow
  5. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Could be bad rectifier?
  6. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Should I measure off pt when it is plugged in or unplugged,check resistance of windings,if resistance is 0 means it is open?
  7. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

No I dont,can I download it?thanks
  8. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

How you test transformer to see if it is good or bad,could be all tubes bad and don't light up?
  9. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Yes,I tried 1-3,7-10 option and nothing,could be power transformer?
  10. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

It is 9304,and has no balance pot on chassis,I read post claiming it needs 390 ohm resistor in place of missing balance pot,for the circuit to be complete,would be this reason for not powering on?if yes where this resistor goes to,thanks again
  11. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Here are pictures,I took also pic of pt,wires coming out look kinda black,could these be signs of failure?if so what's best drop in replacement?edcor?hammond?thanks for your time guys,really appreciate it
  12. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Yes,mine 1 is white,but 10 is red,both go to terminal strip that connects to ac cord,
  13. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Ok,so what am I doing wrong,jumping wrong pins on molex?
  14. M

Magnavox 9304 molex

Hello everybody,I found one of these recently in trashed console,cleaned it and tried to jump molex on 1 and 10,but does not power on,any clues on this?jumping wrong pins?or else,please help thanks
  15. M

What's it worth? Pilot PT-1015 ORIGINAL

Hello,do you still have that phonograph?please let me know I need parts from it for my project,thanks Msciej
  16. M

Pentron HF-400 Reel To Reel

hello,i picked one up yesterday off the curb by korean church,where i park my car going to work,must been sitting in damp basement,cabinet is rot a bit,but to my surprise it powered when i plugged it !!!!!!,and when i plugged my homemade telecaster it played !!!!! and really nice,would have been...
  17. M

Pilot pt-1015

I had already thread about this phonograph amp,recently I tried to use it as guitar amp it has 3 12ax7's,2 6v6's and rectifier,it sounded nice with guitar but after cranking volume all the way up,volume went down half way,after few weeks I tried it again,6v6's don't lit up at all,no sound,I put...
  18. M

pilot pt-1015 phonograph

Hello again,have problem with that amp,I tried to use it as a guitar amp and it played quite nice,I tried crank it to see if it will produce any distortion,turned volume all the way and played nice,after a while volume dropped down,wondered what happened, today tried it again, both 6v6 are...
  19. M

pilot pt-1015 phonograph

20. M

knight tube stereo preamplifier

re thank you for your response,somehow i managed to set control to stereo,which fell on A-mono,after last night and now listening i have to admit it sounds quite good,better sound stage then my stock hf-85,sounds kinda thin tough, all upgrades you mentioned will make better,thanks again for advice
  21. M

knight tube stereo preamplifier

i believe its kp-50,i hooked it up to my hf-60's and it sounds quite nice,had problem with getting stereo channels play right,maybe selector is bad,read about its phono section good things,how it compares to eicos hf-51 and st-84,tubes it came with are 12au's and 12ya's branded conn and...
  22. M

pilot pt-1015 phonograph

re i found the problem,it was turntable,i had my thorens td-124 with esl tonearm and shure cart hooked to the amp,that set up is ongoing restoration effort for over a year and i think tonearm needs to be rewired,i hooked different turntable and it plays ok,so amp is all good,thanks for good word
  23. M

pilot pt-1015 phonograph

re I switched tubes and no change,now there is loud chopper like hum and you can hear tiny whine of record play,i need to take it apart and look at phono section which is hanging on selector switch?(eico hf-85? same story),otherwise cd's play great through aux,here are some pictures of it,its...
  24. M

pilot pt-1015 phonograph

Re Yes it did,but i played records with magnetic cart and sounded nice,after remake something must happen to parts ,could be phono pre tube is bad?
  25. M

pilot pt-1015 phonograph

re it also has for on selector switch,
Back
Top Bottom