Search results

1. rajoo

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

I wish I had not strayed off the beam, my original journey began in 1990.
  2. rajoo

Celebrating my 14th year in sobriety today and living in gratitude for those who have helped and guided me on this journey.
  3. rajoo

New music doesn't all suck, does it?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/21/magazine/the-beatles-now-and-then.html
  4. rajoo

Electric vehicle owners, let's talk.

If your wife intends to use it around town, my first choice will be a Chevy Bolt. Much cheaper, no one really uses all the bells and whistles that comes with a Tesla and the additional cost is usually wasted. And you get a traditional dealer to work with after purchase. I have owned a Tesla...
  5. rajoo

AK Members in Hawaii all safe?

I was browsing here wondering about the same, wildfires in Hawaii, something never imagined could happen.
  6. rajoo

Solar or Home Generator?

Yes, Generac.
  7. rajoo

Solar or Home Generator?

We moved to Reno last January and I had a 7+ kW solar system installed and the size was based on our electric bill. And the first winter power had gone out once for about 40 hours, so my wife wanted me to get a generator. But then I screwed up royally, bought a 9kW portable generator since...
  8. rajoo

Restoring a 2270 worth the price?

I bought in the mid 70's as a graduation gift to myself and own it to this day. Not mint since it travelled with me through several homes/states but do have a sentimental attachment. I lost the original wood case through these moves, so bought a replacement here on AK. Once had it sold but...
  9. rajoo

Who do you recommend for car insurance?

After State Farm exclusively for several decades, switched over to AAA last week for convenience for both home and cars. Savings of about $2k/year which includes an umbrella policy. We probably stayed with State Farm if we still lived in the Bay Area.
  10. rajoo

The new electric vehicle tech thread.

From further reading, this fast charging is limited to small city cars and e-bikes. Still a great start to shorten charging times in the future. https://www.morandetech.com/our-etechnology
  11. rajoo

Remember when cars had cool names?

Plymouth Duster VW Dasher, German Passat, Jetta all the same models IIRC Personal favorites: Alpha Romeo Spyder Veloce and Corvette Stingray
  12. rajoo

What about Sports car price depreciation?

I own a 2002 C5 convertible with 6 Spd manual.
  13. rajoo

Toyota Tundra-melter and GMC Sierra-burner

Uber is your public transportation of today. Problem is not lack of public transportation, its lack of ridership. Most people I know who live in urban areas either drive or Uber. The last time I used Uber was for a day trip to San Diego and three of the four Uber trips were in a Tesla Model 3. :D
  14. rajoo

I celebrated 13 years of continuous sobriety yesterday. To celebrate the occasion, we got snowed in. :D Friends, AA works if you work it and I do the walk every day.
  15. rajoo

Why buy a Toyota?

We owned a lat 90's model 4Runner and was unimpressed. Minimal rear leg room and poor gas mileage. Traded it in for a 2002 Silverado extended cab (off-road version) and still own it with 225,000 miles on it. Runs like a champ with comparable mileage and minimal maintenance cost till contracted...
  16. rajoo

Are lower EV prices tempting?

This is an Off Topic Forum if you were to care to read. And my responses are not personal, but to refute the crap you post about EV. I ask the question again, if you have no intention to buy an EV, why continue to post on this thread? As for your criticism about me, now that is getting personal...
  17. rajoo

Please look up definition of an implied statement and your faux outrage using CAPS is very transparent. If you have no intention of ever buying an EV, why do you post on EV threads other than to spread misinformation which I call Faux crap.
  18. rajoo

Whether you buy an EV is entirely your decision, no one is suggesting you buy one either. But to suggest that I won't buy an EV because "curtailing my family's safety and convenience isn't an option". That is pure hogwash. So as an EV owner, I am endangering my family? Where do you come up with...
  19. rajoo

Nonsense. Recommended range for charge is between 20% and 80%.
  20. rajoo

Just sharing my experience from about five days ago on my drive from the Bay Area to Reno in my Tesla Model 3 (almost 5 yrs old). I recently had a Tesla mobile tech replace the charging cable assembly (Made in Mexico, not China) which connects the charging port to the batteries. At that time the...
  21. rajoo

Point I was trying to make Gordon is that in our current economic situation with supply chain issues, government incentives to buy an EV is not going to make any difference in EV sales volume since there are long waiting lists. And I believe it will remain so for another year or so at the very...
  22. rajoo

Good News: 2023 tax credits for EVs will boost their appeal Bad News: EV makers are already selling all the cars they can make, so this will make little to no difference. Still quite an interesting article and as with all things government, it gets really complicated to figure out if a...
  23. rajoo

They lead the market by making some of the most uninspiring and boring cars to drive. And the Lexus with an "L" logo? Not for me, thanks.
  24. rajoo

The Toyota Way is to Imitate, Improve, Innovate and they are waiting for an EV to imitate. :D On a positive note, Toyota is finally making a push with their Fuel Cell technology onto light duty trucks and are also selling packaged FC system to other manufacturers for implementation.
  25. rajoo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikescott/2020/03/30/yes-electric-cars-are-cleaner-even-when-the-power-comes-from-coal/?sh=2ba3e7d62320 USA is on the right track on electric generation from coal, we are abandoning this slowly but surely. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/06/energy-us-market-shift/
Back
Top Bottom