Search results

1. parman

Gerrard Zero 100

Looking for an opinion on this table from someone who has or has had one. I've found one that is supposed to be good to go but it's not a brand I have had any experience with. I had trouble with Vinyl Engine a minute ago so I thought I would start here. Thanks for any info
  2. parman

Pictures of a plastic laminated Sansui free-bee from the 70's

This came with the 771 that I bought new in 74. They also included 2 Sansui posters but I don't have them any more. I suppose they included stuff like this with all their products back in the day
  3. parman

771 with a few issues

I am the original owner of a 771 that hasn't had any work done except that I used some Deoxit on it a few years back. I had noticed 2 things, some lights didn't work and once in a while the left channel would kick out. I have other receivers so I put the 771 away. I dug it back out recently...
  4. parman

Opinions on buying a used Oppo

I wanted to buy one years ago but never pulled the trigger. My desire has returned and I wish I had gotten one back when they made them. I would have probably bought a Bdp-95. I see them for sale on all the typical web sites but I'm not sure if I want to drop 5 or 6 hundred on something that's...
  5. parman

VTA Adjustment Or Lack Of

How many TT's actually have a VTA adjustment screw or is it even a screw? I've been installing a new cart on a Technics TT and while reading the owners manual it mentions setting the VTA but how can I? I don't think I've ever owned a TT with a VTA adjustment . The old horizontal balancing of the...
  6. parman

Any fans of Matching Mole?

I been interested in checking out Matching Mole, it looks like they only released 2 original albums. I see albums with different names but the same music. I also see some deluxe 2x CD's that I've been thinking might be the way to go. Anyone have any advice??
  7. parman

Camaro coming to an end?

Saw this in a Detroit paper today, hard to delieve
  8. parman

What's a deep groove LP?

Does the deep groove around this label have any thing to do with a deep groove LP?
  9. parman

Covid Again

:( Same symtoms as last June but maybe a little worse. Really tired and achey, I thought this pretty much over but I guess not. I've been feeling it for about 3 days so that makes me think I picked it up on the trip home from FL.
  10. parman

Superscope Barn Find

Went to a guy house and we went out to his pole barn. He ends up digging this Superscope out of a junk pile and tells me to take it home. I don't really want it but I took it. No idea the last time it was plugged in. Is it even worth cleaning off?
  11. parman

4K DVD

I was looking at a new DVD of Planes, Trains & Automobiles w/deleted scenes and see it's in 4K. What is that, something different than Blu-Ray?
  12. parman

Removing wheel locks

I was at a tire store Fri and they have a big window where you can see in the shop. There was a Chrysler mini van and I watched a worker pound a socket onto the lock lug then screw it off with a breaker bar. The guy at the counter said they didn't have the right tool so they just pound a...
  13. parman

Tom Petty Fans

So what's the deal, why did he do this? She's The One is one of my favorites but I never sprange for Angel Dream, should I ?
  14. parman

Antenna Repair Info Needed

Hey I recently inherited an old Sony boombox, the telescoping antenna has broken off the base I am hoping to find a way to repair it. Here's what it looks like There are 2 little tabs at the base of the antenna but one is about half broken off. I don't know if they were just bent under the...
  15. parman

Inherited an EV

I've had it for about a week, drove it a few times. Kind of quirky but it gets me from point A to B. Don't really love it or hate it. Haven't had to charge it yet, going to look for a local charging station to see how that works
  16. parman

Nautilus pressings

So what do you think of Nautilus releases, are they as good as MOFI? Are they all analoge or digital. I'm looking at one that's from the original 2 track tape but does that mean anything ?
  17. parman

Tried some diferent speakers today

A friend said I should listen to some different speakers with my vintage gear so today was the day I did it. I brought some Paradigm bookshelf speakers down to the cave and hooked them up in place of my Large Advents. I never thought I would say this but it's got me rethinking the whole...
  18. parman

Schiit MANI 2 hook up questions

I want to try a phono stage with some of my older gear to improve the SQ. Bought a new MANI 2 and it arrived a few days ago. I'v looked at the directions and it looks like it's not exactly plug and play like I thought. It says to locate it away from the Amp, TT motor and power cables, that...
  19. parman

Sansui vs Yamaha

I have a Yamaha CA 810 integrated that's been my main power source for around 10 years. I sent it off to a shop about a month ago because of some left channel issues. I put my old Sansui 771 into service for a temp replacement. I was instantly blown away by how much better the Sansui sounded. I...
  20. parman

Are all CD's created equal??

So I've had CD's since they came out but only recently bought my first DAC, it's a Schitt low end model. I can't believe how much better the CD's sound! I was using a sub woffer to get them some thump but now I don't need that because my Paradigm speakers seem to have lots more life. Now I have...
  21. parman

Todays Psych, Prog, etc. Catch-All Playlist

No rules, whatever works for you Here's mine from today
  22. parman

Yamaha deck running fast sometimes

Sorry for the crummy title. I have a Yamaha KX-530 that doesn't get used very often. A few days ago I poped in a tape and hit play, the machine started running like i was in FF. I hit stop and tried again and the same thing happened. I tried flipping the tape and then a few other tapes and I...
  23. parman

AT-VM95ML Phono Cartridge (w/ Microlinear Stylus)

I read somewhere that this stylus is best for old records and not the best for new vinyl. I think it said a conical type stylus is what should be used on new records. Any truth in that? I have 2 different TT's with the VN95ML
  24. parman

I've Got $500 For A New Integrated Amp

That's all I have and I'm wondering what is the best choice ? I have an old reciever I've been using but it has several problems and I'm just tired of it. Fixing it is not an option, so what will $500 buy.
  25. parman

Heresy 2

I am looking at a set of Heresy 2's. The guy says they have Crites tweeters and Crites risers. Is that a good thing? They look to be in great shape but the guy wants $750 and I want to know what I'm getting. Thanks for any advice
Back
Top Bottom