Search results

1. remastered

McIntosh ML-1C speakers

I just finished doing the Roger Russell upgrade because one of the high mids was fried. So I bought two new Morel High mids and two Morel tweeters ($335). Purchased the new crossovers for these from Roger ($210). The speaker shop where I brought them also re-foamed the low mids and woofers...
  2. remastered

C7 power cord adapter

Does anyone know where I can get an audiophile grade C-7 type power cord adapter? I've got an Onkyo DX-7555 CD player with a fixed power cord that I want to replace with a SignalCable Magic power cable. The review I read about changing this out was to get a C-7 type cord adapter. I don't want...
  3. remastered

c-28

How did it go? how did your DeWick cap replacement come out on your C-28?
  4. remastered

C28 questions

I'm sure they cleaned the dial contacts with DeOxit but it wouldn't hurt to give them a shot. Dave
  5. remastered

Interconnect help for my MACs

www.signalcable.com Save yourself a pile of money. They have a 30 day money back guarantee. Talk to Frank, he'll take care of you. Dave
  6. remastered

Power conditioner suggestion for vintage McIntosh solid state

Thanks TB, I'll look them up and see how they compare. I want something I can plug everything into even though I've heard from others that my amp should be plugged directly into a receptacle. Dave
  7. remastered

Speaker cables with our gear.

Have you tried their analog interconnects and power cables? I've heard really good reports on the value of their products. Dave
  8. remastered

Power conditioner suggestion for vintage McIntosh solid state

Any great suggestions on a "reasonably" priced power conditioner for vintage McIntosh gear? I'm looking at Furman PST 8D for around $185 right now. I've been using an inexpensive "surge protector" up until now. Thanks in advance, Dave
  9. remastered

power conditioner choice $100 to $200 range?

Does anyone have any good suggestions on which power conditioner to get for my gear? I'm not interested in adding any home theater to this, just my vintage solid state McIntosh equipment, cd player, turntable. Point me in the right direction if there is a previous thread I didn't see on...
  10. remastered

ML 1C plastic clips that hold the grill to the cabinet?

Where can I find the plastic clip kits (two pieces) that attach to the cabinet and the back of the wood grill on the ML 1C's? I checked with McIntosh parts and they say no longer available. Does anyone have a good idea of how the grills can be attached another way? Thanks,
  11. remastered

c-28 sub hook up???

Have you done any research on the best sub to use for the C28 hookup? I also have some of the same components and was interested in possibly adding a sub. I want the sub to blend in well with my current ML 1C's. Any suggestions?
  12. remastered

Single CD player on a budget?

Try the Onkyo DX-7555. It was on sale at J & R and BH photo/video for $399 recently. Retails for almost $600. The sound is very much like my Thorens turntable. Good luck!
  13. remastered

Anyone do the Roger Russell upgrade to the ML 1C

Curious............anyone out there have the Roger Russell driver upgrade to their ML 1C speakers? Did you keep the sound the same or go with the improved high end version? Was it an improvement over the original sound? I've got to send mine in soon and need to make that decision. Also...
  14. remastered

Music sounds better without Surge Protector!

So does anyone have some brands or model numbers of conditioners/surge protectors that do not filter in series?
  15. remastered

Replace power cords on older McIntosh components?

Has anyone replaced the built in power cords on older McIntosh components like the MC2105, C28, and MQ101 with the newer high tech power cords? That would have to include switching out the receptacles on the back of the C28 to grounded plugs, correct?
  16. remastered

What is your most prized piece of Mcintosh gear?

I'm about ready to get my C28 and 2105 updated by Terry myself. Was there anything else you thought of to have him do besides the standard list of upgrades (cleaning, replace caps, audio path update, etc...)? Did you have the additional Power supply and grounding update done? Did you notice a...
  17. remastered

What is your most prized piece of Mcintosh gear?

It would have to be my ML 1C's. I've kept them brand new conditon since birth. However, right now I couldn't be happier with my Onkyo DX-7555 CD player. What a difference that made (sounds better than my Thorens TD104).
  18. remastered

Music sounds better without Surge Protector!

My Amp has (1) outlet on the back rated at 200 watts. My pre-amp on the other hand has (2) Power Amp outlets, (1) unswitched and (4) switched outlets. I currently have the pre-amp plugged into a surge progector and the amp, CD player, and speaker equalizer plugged into the pre-amp. Any...
  19. remastered

Mcintosh 2205 & C28

I'm still in process of cleaning and setting up the C28. It has static issues. Are the static issues in the control knobs easy to clean up with DeOxit or are we better off having a professional deal with them?
  20. remastered

why did you pick your avatar?

Photography is my first passion...........Anyone know where this pic was taken?
  21. remastered

What are you listening to right now? What's in you CD player or on the TT RIGHT NOW?

Ealgles Desparado.................What a Classic!!!
  22. remastered

Midwest Speaker service for ML 1C

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your replys. I checked out the high mid in my left speaker by using a cardboard tube and it's dead. According to Roger Russell, they don't make a replacement except for the upgrade kit. Good news is that the power handling goes from 100W to 200W so these should...
  23. remastered

Midwest Speaker service for ML 1C

I need to have some TLC completed on my ML 1C speakers which will include replacing the high mids and tweeters, replacing the caps, and possibly re-foaming. I know there are great companies listed below the forums page but I would rather "drive" my speakers somewhere than to ship them. Any...
  24. remastered

ML 1C speaker testing?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm hoping to find a reputable repair company in the Midwest so I can drive my cabinets to them rather than ship. Any Suggestions? I'm going to test the high mids and tweeters tomorrow and I suspect I may need to replace one of the high mids. If that's the case...
  25. remastered

Mcintosh gear and long speaker cables.

Ron, Do you know of anything to wrap around electrical cords to cut down or eliminate disturbances that may interfere with the speaker cables?
Back
Top Bottom