Search results

1. audioman00

Parasound DAC 800 Recap List?

Anyone recapped one of these old Parasound DAC's? If so, please let me know what my best options are.
  2. audioman00

A little car audio in my home audio?

I sure am enjoying my HD radio USB and Bluetooth features in my home stereo and it was all free! Poor mans way to get USB and BT Kenwood kdc-x700 receiver
  3. audioman00

I own some Danish speakers now. Jamo

Found me a decent looking set of Classic 8 by Jamo, and I am learning it's a speaker company from Denmark? I just got them hooked up to a crappy spare receiver and a crappy laptop so, not the best demo but I wanted to make sure all the drivers play. I got lucky they all work! Apparently they are...
  4. audioman00

Love the sound of my system but...

Lets see if I can leave the damn thing alone long enough to enjoy it for a while. I wonder if others out there also struggle to leave it alone and quit swapping components out all the time or if I'm just crazy. It's like, what the hell am I trying to achieve? It sounds great, so put some music...
  5. audioman00

Yamaha Cdx-10 Small footprint cd player...yac-514f

Bought myself one of these off that auction site based solely on it's aesthetic appeal.. to me anyways. Anyone got experience with the YAC514F dac? I sure hope she sounds good when I get off work.... get off wife time... and finally hook her up in the rack tonight. I still have my trusty Burr...
  6. audioman00

Amplifier design without emitter resistors?

I have an amplifier/receiver made by SONY and they call the amplifier design a "pure complimentary SEPP amplifier". I am having a hard time finding any info on what that even means for one thing, and the other is; I opened the amp up and did not see any sign of the usual push pull based...
  7. audioman00

Yamaha A-s301 stupid question

I really want to give this Yamaha integrated amp a chance to see if it can beat the SQ of the vsx-49 I currently have. Hopefully I win this one and don't have to return it. Question is; Does this amplifier use a standard analog potentiometer for the Vol control? I absolutely despise the more...
  8. audioman00

Alps potentiometer with a number of 227-182-11

Hello folks hoping you can help me locate a replacement volume pot for a Sony STR-V333ES receiver that I would love to hear play music again. Alps volume pot with a number of 227-182-11 they seem to be out of stock and or Nla. I am really hoping there is some kind of replacement. thanks for...
  9. audioman00

Please help with alps vol pot

Hello folks hoping you can help me locate a replacement volume pot for a Sony STR-V333ES receiver that I would love to hear play music again. This machine uses a part number RV103 Alps pot with a number of 227-182-12 or the 227-182-11 will also work I believe but they seem to be out of stock and...
  10. audioman00

Trying to keep things a bit old school

Well as much as possible.. damn that iPad making it into the picture I forgot to toss that sucker in the corner.. hehe. I'm working on decor for the very recently acquired man cave so it's pretty bare right now. cheers! hk 620 amp onkyo dx-1800 cdp onkyo ta-2044 tape music hall mmf2 tt AR...
  11. audioman00

Worth the weight...

I certainly hate lugging my Denon amp around being about 45lbs... I recently moved to a nicer house and now I remember why I tried to replace the old denon with a lighter and smaller HK integrated amp, but I wasn't all that happy with the SQ. The 3 way tower speakers were way easier to carry...
  12. audioman00

Fisher Fm Stereo Tuner FM-660 is this a great tuner?

I really hated the sound and basic operation of the internal poor excuse for a tuner inside my Denon Avr3803 Receiver... so I picked up an old kinda heavy solid metal beast of a tuner called a fisher fm-660 and I really mean it when I say I am hearing instruments and detail on the good old fm...
  13. audioman00

Turntable makes sound without amp connected

I could not think of a good way to describe this but, do certain cartridge and stylus combinations make a lot of noise when playing? I mean without the amplifier turned on, the needle itself it very noisy. Anything I can do? It's an ATN3600 cart with a random, cheap $8 stylus I found on a website.
  14. audioman00

What digital cable to use for soundcard?

I have recently decided to try using my pc as a music player. It's a fairly old beat up Dell Pentium 4 but seems to do the job. The sound card in the machine is the good old Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card of yesteryear sporting the 1/8" mono SPDIF output jack. I proceeded to connect the Left...
  15. audioman00

metal's system..

Sony cdp-750 for the digital needs Onkyo Integra ta2047 for good old cassette Marantz sr-19 for the amplification end of things Acoustic Research 318 for the main spkrs Sounds great to me! Rock on! :smoke:
  16. audioman00

Is it OK to use headphone out rather than rca line out to receiver?

I have a stack of components I have been collecting for some time now and do not have enough RCA type cables to connect all of them to my Marantz SR-19 receiver. Question is: can a person use the HeadPhone output from their tape deck/cd player into the aux input of the receiver without hurting...
  17. audioman00

How can I protect my receiver...

From spikes and surges and overall bad power in the area? I currently use for lack of a better idea a Monster cable 2 outlet surge protector. I would like the think there are better choices. Do you suppose a UPS is the answer? :scratch2:
  18. audioman00

yamaha cassette deck motor noise

my yamaha kxw162 deck seems to make a loud noise coming from the motors on both deck a and b. both transports play fine for the first song or two but then start to chirp really loud. any ideas or are the motors shot? thx
  19. audioman00

Recording over store bought cassette?

So I thought I might save some money and buy some tapes of artists I don't really care for with the intent to record over them with my trusty yamaha kx-w162 deck. The recordings sound distorted and terrible. The regular blank tapes are great. Any idea what might be happening here? Record level...
  20. audioman00

Cleaning spkr selector switches... help!

Good day all, I have a Pioneer vsx-511s receiver that I got really cheap at the thrift, it was covered in filth and grime from years of misuse. I was able to clean it up nice and have been using it every day for a month, but I noticed the A and B spkr switches are very dirty and can cause...
  21. audioman00

Piece of garbage Pioneer cd player sounds horrible.

I aquired a Pioneer pd-4700 for really cheap which is good because I am victim to the lay off's in this country. So, I got her home and she plays great, even burned cd's and such. Problem is; the thing sounds like shit run over twice..:tears: I mean, even the dell laptop I am using sounds...
  22. audioman00

The synergy is back! Reconnected with my system at last.

:D Well, I can't think of a better crowd to share my enthusiasm with so here is what happened... I, for the first time since a small boy had started to lose interest in audio :tears: I really didn't know why maybe my system was lacking to me, or something else. But, alas something happened...
  23. audioman00

Is this dude smoking crack or fair price?

Don't want it, but maybe some AKr does.... Looks sweet and clean but the price sounds high.:scratch2: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=11321966&cat=504&lpid=13&search=
  24. audioman00

KENWOOD KX-W6040 Belts anyone?

KENWOOD KX-W6040 kicks ass and looks sexy Love this deck, found it for $10, looks like new inside, but both main drive belts are slipping causing both mechanisms to be locked up. If I free the flywheel with my hand it will engage and work, but otherwise just slips because the belts are just a...
  25. audioman00

Tweeter dome smashed on my ARs!

Got a pair of 318ps series Acoustic Research speakers that I dearly love, they are my main speakers. I am having a very hard time locating a replacement as the one with the dome smashed in the worst is producing a bit different frequency than the other, making the speakers seem unbalanced on...
Back
Top Bottom