Search results

1. y2keglide

On top of old smokey.

It was forty years ago today Mt St.Helens came out to play, She's been going in and out of style, But she's guaranteed to raise a mile
  2. y2keglide

Is it worth saving?

A friend inherited and old monkey wards consol ,it appears to be a 40 watt mono I would guess from the 1950's. I was able to glean from the interweb that it was made by Wells-Gardner & Co. but that's about it. The cabinet isn't much to look at and pretty beat but it can be had for free,he just...
  3. y2keglide

These look pretty sweet for $75 obo.

I don't know a lot about Jensen but these look pretty decent,I'm tempted even though I don't need another pair of speakers at this time. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/664201620725294/?ref=netego_ssfy_www
  4. y2keglide

Fuse help please

I think my HH Scott 208 amp has blown a fuse. I lost sound the other day,you could hear it very faintly and everything was still lit up on the 355 tuner/pre-amp. I pulled the slow blow fuse and it looks cloudy,pics below aren't very good sorry. I got a magnifying glass and the fuse reads BUSS...
  5. y2keglide

Very interesting.

6. y2keglide

Sanyo separates?

I've never seen them before,pretty much thought Sanyo just made el'cheapo all in one's with a TT radio and 8 track tape player. lol I've seen lots of those in years past. I saw this tuner and integrated set on facebook marketplace tonight,60 wpc ,might be a bargain at $175 for the set. Not in...
  7. y2keglide

Good morning.......

from the left coast USA......just sayn' :)
  8. y2keglide

Picked up a new piece looking for opinions.

I posted in the Marantz section and didn't get much there.. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/just-scored-a-marantz-510m.878354/ Thought I'd post a question here,I won this Marantz 510M on eBay from Goodwill and hopefully did pretty good on it. Local pickup only limited the...
  9. y2keglide

Just scored a Marantz 510M

I think I did pretty good albeit a bit of a gamble. This baby was on eBay/Goodwill and local pick up only in Seattle. It's about a 3 hr drive to go get it but it appears to be in working condition. With sales tax included I paid $601.10,how did I do? This is from the eBay description: Used...
  10. y2keglide

Just scored a Nitty Gritty

It was on "buy it now" at eBay for $325 with a lot of watchers and I among others got an email offer to sell it for $225. I counter offered with $200 and they accepted,I think I did pretty well,been looking at them for quite a while and they ask crazy money for these all the time. This one is...
  11. y2keglide

After 6 years in our new home....

Trying to get my den organized at long last.Bought some cheap shelves off Craigslist and got my records and CDs and tapes off the floor. Shelved some of my components not currently in use and still have room for books. I still need to sort and alphabetize them but it’s a start. First I’m going...
  12. y2keglide

Took a spin up by the lakes this afternoon.

I took Monday off this week as I'm starting a new job Tuesday,got some things done I had to do along with getting the lawn mowed then decided I needed to go get a six pack of my favorite brew. The closest store is 2 1/2 miles from the house but I took the scenic route which was closer to 40...
  13. y2keglide

Leave it on?

I'm new to being a tube stereo owner and the question has come up from some friends as to whether I should leave it powered on all the time or shut it off when I done listening. Some people are saying it should be left on but I find that a little worrisome given it's a nearly 60 year old stereo...
  14. y2keglide

All I can say is WOW!

Just hooked my new to me HH Scott tube set (just serviced with new tubes and re-capped) with my recently acquired Klipsch Khorns and holly mother of God this set sounds fantastic! Hooked up my just serviced and with a new stylus Marantz turntable with a clean vinyl copy of Pink Floyd Dark Side...
  15. y2keglide

Goodwill finds

I got spanked for "Goodwill bashing" last time I posted so I'll try to be more diplomatic this go round. I shop there fairly often or at least browse, usually I thumb through piles of Andy Williams and Slim Whitman records looking for something interesting and in good enough shape to buy given...
  16. y2keglide

K-horns tubes and solid state?

So I often see the debate about tubes VS solid state but that's not my question. I've read tubes are warmer and have better sound quality (debatable for some) but high power solid state really cranks at higher volumes. I listen a wide variety of genres of music which got me to thinking. I...
  17. y2keglide

Hello Klipsch fans,just scored a set of K-horns tell me what you think.

I've wanted a set of these for a long time and now that the kids are grown and other priorities taken care of I've been looking for an affordable deal. A few weeks ago I bought a set of Speakerlab K-horn clones figuring I probably wouldn't find a deal I could afford for a set of genuine...
  18. y2keglide

Hello Kenwood fans,looking for a little help.

A while back I acquired an Eleven G receiver that needed a lot of TLC. You can see what I've done in this 6 page long thread here. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/whats-best-to-clean-the-face-of-a-vintage-receiver.826023/ I refinished the wood case and cleaned 40 some years of...
  19. y2keglide

Kenny please come home,Woody misses you!

Woody is lonely and want's you to come home and I miss you too! :beatnik: If ya'll think I've lost my mind you haven't seen this thread.:) http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/whats-best-to-clean-the-face-of-a-vintage-receiver.826023/#post-11686817 Just applied the 2nd coat of...
  20. y2keglide

Since I'm bored I thought I'd post a few pics of my car.

It's a bit of an orphan being a late 4th gen Camaro,it's a 2001 and 2002 was the last year made before the revival in 2010 and the new 5th gens. New car guys snub it because it's old and old car guys snub it because it's too new. lol I kind of like it because there aren't many like it around...
  21. y2keglide

Vintage Kenwood parts help,desperate!

So I'm saving an old Kenwood Eleven G receiver ( see thread http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/whats-best-to-clean-the-face-of-a-vintage-receiver.826023/#post-11686817) and after exhausting all efforts to find a pair of toggle knobs part # K27-0070-04 no luck. I've searched...
  22. y2keglide

What's best to clean the face of a vintage receiver?

Hi all,it's been a long long time since I stopped in here. Life threw some curves at me so I've had very little time for this stereo stuff while getting life back in order. My old Marantz 2240 has been chugging along fine like the rock solid piece it is so I've had tunes but had to pretty much...
  23. y2keglide

Three guitars and....

.... a tractor. I like old tractors and music so this was great.:thmbsp: Hope it's not a repost,a quick search didn't net me anything here. I'd like to see some good old boys with a John Deere do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ThSi1wbqU How bout some blues...
  24. y2keglide

Tannoy value ????????????

A friend of mine has a beautiful set of Tannoys with Red 15" drivers he is going to sell after 30+ years of ownership,he's the second owner and they are in really nice shape. He's looking to get some idea of the value on these big beauties. What say you gurus of AK? I was thinking maybe $3K...
  25. y2keglide

Looking inside the monster Fisher Quad.

The 514 was the top of the line Fisher Quad in 1974,90wpc in 2 channel stereo and 32wpc in quad,it had built in CD4 demodulation. This is a big heavy beast!:smoke: The bottom side first. Top side Joy stick balance from the back side.
Back
Top Bottom