Search results

1. stereofisher

Realistic Elac Miracord 50h questions

Sorry for the mess. See too much of this. Glade you able to get a headshell. Hope the arm is intact. Can you get any money back? Got lucky on a trashed Dual 1249. Got full price and shipping back from the ‘Bay. Was able to get a 1219 with a broken arm. Seller told me. Found an end piece. Good...
  2. stereofisher

Garrard Zero 100 speed issue

When was the motor disassembled, cleaned, and oiled. A few years back I got several Zeros to learn how to service them. I really enjoyed working on them. Found homes for them. One of my friends is a big record guy. Plays a Zero constantly. It slowed down. Picked it up. Took the motor apart...
  3. stereofisher

Dual 1019..all quiet

At my age,73 I play records. Used to make tapes or CDs to save my records. Why bother? Do need to let go several of my Duals. Was suffering from empty bench syndrome. Keeping 3 1219s, 2 1019s, and 1 1009SK. Will be listing on Bartertown soon.
  4. stereofisher

Dual 1019..all quiet

Got an unexpected addition to my Dual family. A 1019 with a nice German base. Did the usual service. Clean and oil it’s motor. Removed dry grease,freed the cam up. Didn’t need a replacement sled. Replaced the stylus on the Shure M44. Cleaned it up. Needed an idler. Borrowed one off a 1225 Its...
  5. stereofisher

Best way to test carts without a table ?

Are you planning to sell the Shures?
  6. stereofisher

Dual turntables, learned something

Was suffering from empty bench syndrome. Picked up a 1009SK and a 1015. Cleaned and oiled motors,new grease and new idlers. The 1015 wound not start and stop on auto cycle. Found a broken copper tab near the center of the platter. Tried another platter and auto start and stop is working. A...
  7. stereofisher

Elac 50H Miracord

Good advice on Duals also. Their arms can be touchy too. Many of my Duals even with new headshells can be touchy. My lastest, a 1009SK‘s arm contacts needed a cleaning. They can still cut out. Got on a 1019/1009SK kick. The M44 Shures are fine. No swapping here.
  8. stereofisher

Dual 1019 won’t start or stop.

Have a 1019 won’t start when moving the lever to start. Or stop when moving the lever to stop. Did the usual clean and lube. Missed something. If I reach under and touch the cam it will engage the auto on. Or off. It also won’t shut off at the end of the record. Any ideas? Thanks
  9. stereofisher

Shure V15 MK III Stylus Condition?

Like the Jico. The original is slightly better. Have two 1219s on two systems. Very pleased with both. Have a 1009SK with a M91ED and a 1019 with a M44. All are next to each other. All sound good. V15s have an edge. Got lucky on both V15s, paid very little for the them.
  10. stereofisher

Shure V15 MK III Stylus Condition?

Have 2 V15 III‘s. One with a original VN35HE and one with the JICO. When play records 40 plus years old, I hear instruments that weren’t here before. Replace the stylus, not the cart!
  11. stereofisher

Elac 50H Miracord

Congradulations on the Elac. Malden summed it up. Have several Dual 1019s and a 1009SK with M55s. Jico is a good stylus. Mine sound very detailed. You will hear lots of instruments.
  12. stereofisher

Garrard SL95 Restoration

Old read. Worked on several 95s to learn how to do Zero 100s. My hearing is decent and have other turntables to compare. Fixed several 100s that use the same motors and drives. Never had a speed issue with them. Cleaning and oiling motors are easy. 15 mimutes and done. Gave away a 100 to a...
  13. stereofisher

Where were YOU during the great receiver wars of the 70's?

Was a college instructor and sold new audio to students. Got to see lots of stuff. Great times.
  14. stereofisher

Turntable advice

Try them. Don’t know much about ones mentioned. Work on turntables and don’t see many. That may be a good sign. If these are like my Duals, once serviced they will run a long time. My 1219 I got in 2014. serviced the motor 3 yrs later and that been it. Listen to them. What sounds best? Like the...
  15. stereofisher

Poll: What type of Phono Preamp do you use ?

Try not to laugh. Years ago I got a DAKS 2800 preamp mixer from an Aker. Cheap! $20. Allows me to have three tables on my shop system. I use a second in my livingroom. Have three Duals 1219,1019, and a 1009SK. Hooked to a 2010 Marantz reciever. Have had the first one 10 years. Damned things are...
  16. stereofisher

vintage belt drive with easily sourced parts

Even without antiskate, a PL12 won’t excessively wear out a stylus. Have owned them,the AR, and several Thorens. All good. The Thorens is the best. Had a TD 160. Good sounding table. Don’t remember why I let it go. Like automatics and married to Duals. love watching the arm move. For a manual...
  17. stereofisher

New to vintage cassette decks - what should I look for?

Load of answers here. All good. Have owned dozens. They can be a pain to replace belts. I like two that are very easy to replace belts. Down to one in my workroom. TEAC 450. Esay to change belts. 6 screws on the bottom cover an you are in! Plenty off room to work. Has a big induction motor like...
  18. stereofisher

Elac Miracord 45 Motor Replacement Question

OP, did you try to service the seized motor. Disassemble clean and oil?
  19. stereofisher

Dual 1019 cartridge

The “sled” is the part holding the cartridge. The plastic surrounding looks to be broken off. Those shells were crappy even new. Most of my 1000 series Duals I own have new shells by BEST. Just did my 1009SK new BEST with Shure M91ED. Try pushing the chrome handle back to release that spring...
  20. stereofisher

Well, I joined the Dual club. Tell me about this 1219.

Welcome. My favorite Dual is the 1219. I’m blessed to know the basics on servicing them. Have 3 systems, each has one. Your Pickering will put out a nice sound. Had a customer‘s 1219 with one. Replaced the stylus. Have extra headshells by BEST. Two of my 1219 have Shure V15 IIIs. Works well. My...
  21. stereofisher

PE 3044 Tone arm locked up

PE was bought by Dual. Have a big brother 3048. They have a part called a stuerpimpl. Fiip it over and you will a black 5 in. pattle shaped piece of plastic. The pimple if intact look like a small pencil eraser. Being 50 yrs old they some times rot and fall off. Mine did. They are similar to a...
  22. stereofisher

Ten buck Dual

Nice pickup. I have found the mid model 1225/1226/1228s to be a decent turntable. Stumbled across a late model PE 3048 a rebadged 1226. Got the PE 14 months ago. Regreased the cam. Disassembled the motor cleaned and oiled. The adjustable head wasn’t working. Since I don’t stack records it got...
  23. stereofisher

Pioneer PL-12D vs Dual 505-2 vs Technics SL-D3

Sold many SL D1’s,D2s,and D3s. They were a work horse in the 70s. I am a Dual fan. Own eight. Still recommend the D3. Nice universal head that works. Easy to swap out cartridges. Half inch mount. Pre P mount. No a fan of those.
  24. stereofisher

Elac Miracord 10h can't figure out how to get the platter off

Once off, I leave it off. All eight of my Duals have been removed. When I move a table the platter comes off.
  25. stereofisher

Grado B "ceramic" cartridge on an all-in-one Harman Kardon SC-23

Always liked these. Could have simplified my collage system. I was 1500 miles from home.
Back
Top Bottom