Search results

1. loose ends

HPM grill pegs

I'm looking for a source for grill pegs for my hpm 100.
  2. loose ends

drmaudio back in business

Just noticed he's online again with all his kits available.
  3. loose ends

"Ten Boom" by Penny and Sparrow

My son turned me on to them.
  4. loose ends

sx 1250 caps

Has anybody found a good price for the filter caps in a sx 1250. I need a dozen and that's way more than I can afford right now at the prices I have found.
  5. loose ends

Does anyone recognize this amp

If you have any idea or some info or is it not worth my time.
  6. loose ends

Can't decide what stays and what goes

Like most of us with the "sickness" the time has come to thin the herd. I have decided what amps, preamps and receivers to keep although I have no idea where I can put them all. I got rid of 3 pairs of speakers in the last couple of weeks and have a half dozen left to go. I've had a hard time...
  7. loose ends

Trying my Boston A400 again

A while ago I refoamed and recapped my A400's. I first played them on my sx1250 and then moved them across the basement and hooked them up the my Pioneer vsx d1s. The Pioneer has always performed great and I tested mine to 162 wpc and it will handle down to a 2 ohm load. I played them...
  8. loose ends

Need some potentiometer help

I need a replacement for this Alps volume pot. It's 100k, dual (stereo) with a loudness tap.
  9. loose ends

My first Bozaks

I had promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything else until I thinned out my collection of equipment but I saw these for sale and had to get them. Bozak LS400. Quick research showed that they had the good drivers. B199 woofer, most important B209bc mids and aluminum tweets. Got a...
  10. loose ends

Premier on local CL

Noticed a Fisher "premier" for sale on local CL yesterday and called six minutes after ad was posted. Lady called me back this morning and told me I was second caller and first caller told her that her asking price of $100.00 was way too low. She now wants 5 bills for it. In the pics it looks...
  11. loose ends

New amp in the house and WOW!!

Got with my friend Mark today and traded some speakers for a new amp. A dbx db3. All I can say is "incredible". I have lots of equipment and this is in another class. My hpm 100's have never sounded like this. Last night the bands were in my basement. Everything from the incredible lows to...
  12. loose ends

Allied model 399

I don't have any tube equipment but I have a chance to get and Allied 399. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  13. loose ends

sx 1010 parts

I was wondering if there is a complete parts list for the sx 1010. I may be getting too old because I searched all the posts and didn't see anything. I say Mark's list for the awr 054 but I have 2 to do and they are both mine so I want to do a complete overhaul. Roy
  14. loose ends

AR3a restoration

Just finished these for a customer. Woofers refoamed, crossovers recapped with disassembly and cleaning of the original pots, cabinet renew and grill covers. First pic shows woofers removed to disconnect the mids and tweeters from the crossover to test them. You need to disconnect the pot to...
  15. loose ends

sx 838 offset and bias adjust

If someone can tell me where to check voltages for offset and bias. My service manual left this part out. I checked previous threads and only could find that two center pots are for offset and outers are bias. Looking at the board I assume the pins are the ones on the bottom of the board.
  16. loose ends

Pioneer SA950 questions

I have 2 Pioneer sa950 non-switching amps. They sound very good with great bass and highs. I want to use them to bi-amp a set of speakers and wanted to know if they will handle a 4 ohm load. Info for the sa950 is scarce.
  17. loose ends

Minimus 7 crossover question

I've read all the threads including the Speaker builder thread but what I would like to know is which crossover redo is the preferred one. Which one do you think sounds the best on your M7's.
  18. loose ends

sx 550 problems

I got an sx 550 to fix for my son to take to school this fall. It wouldn't power up so I checked the switch contacts and they had to be cleaned. Then I got lights and when I checked (before hooking up speakers) I have 29mv on the right channel and -29.6v on the left. Q9, Q10, Q11 and Q12 have...
  19. loose ends

pioneer sx780 resistor

I seem to be having a problem locating a .22 ohm 2watt resistor form my sx 780. Any help is appreciated.
  20. loose ends

Cerwin Vega Re 38 help

I was given a pair of Re 38's by a friend. Both speakers are very distorted. All drivers ohm test ok. Any suggestions?
  21. loose ends

Column II tweeters

Anyone have any suggestions on some replacements or where I can get parts to repair the originals. All 4 are bad.
  22. loose ends

Infinity Column II help

I have a pair for repair. Besides having to refoam both woofers none of the tweeters test good. Ohm meter shows open when tested across terminals. These are supposed to be Walsh tweeters. Has anyone repaired these or know of sutible replacements and if so where I can get parts/speakers. One...
  23. loose ends

Need some crossover help

I have these two crossovers and in the photo with the large yellow caps, the two that are bridged together are 4uf-100v. But there isn't any writing on the other. Speakers are 10" RSL's (see photos). I'm refoaming these for a friend and he asked me about replacing the caps because of the...
  24. loose ends

sta 960 "loud pop"

I have a Realistic sta 960 with a loud pop or thump when you turn it off. Even with the volume turned down. Any ideas anyone? Thanks, Roy
  25. loose ends

SX780 New power packs

Replaced both stk0050's. Plugged into dim bulb tester with 60w bulb and can hardly see bulb at all. Readings at power packs aren't the same. All 4 0.22ohm resistors also new
Back
Top Bottom