Search results

1. AbSoundLabsMN

Service manual problems...

Perhaps a word of clarification is in order. The McIntosh Factory can only supply parts and service materials within the continental United States. McIntosh has established Distributors in other Countries to handle product and product support. Their policies may be different between Distributors...
  2. AbSoundLabsMN

Service manual problems...

We may have some resources for you. Send us a PM. Evan McIntosh Service Center
  3. AbSoundLabsMN

Terry DeWick has retired...

We recently learned that a staple member of the McIntosh repair community. Terry DeWick, who has been providing excellent repair services to McIntosh owners, has chosen to retire. Terry has (and always has), provided reliable and valuable service at the A+ level for many decades, with a very...
  4. AbSoundLabsMN

Recapping a 2205...any techs within...

If your unable to find a local resource, give us a call at the McIntosh Factory Service Center, located in a suburb of Minneapolis. We can be reached at either (952) 894-5580 or by eMail at McIntosh@AbSoundLabs.Com. Ask to speak with Evan in McIntosh Service. Mark - McIntosh Service Center.
  5. AbSoundLabsMN

Repair tech recommendation SF CA area

If you are unable to find a local resource, feel free to give us a call at the McIntosh Service Center, located in a suburb of Minneapolis. We would be more than happy to discuss your concerns and answer any questions about our products. Our telephone number is (952) 894-5580. If you call, ask...
  6. AbSoundLabsMN

My new (to me) MX110(z)

Over age the gels due tend to turn brown thereby limiting the amount of light that is passed to the dial glass. From you description, I would suspect that this is the issue with your MX-110. You can verify this by removing the front panel and looking at the gels. Mark - McIntosh Service Center
  7. AbSoundLabsMN

after 35 years, I have finally gotten a McIntosh amp...now, the meter lights...

Despite what many think, conversion does not always work in many of the McIntosh Models and creates issues. The Factory does not underwrite LED modifications and when we receive units for service, we remove them and replace the lamps with the original type. As to why the Power Guard lamps are...
  8. AbSoundLabsMN

MC240 crackling noise and hot smell at powerup after long time storage

The smell that you are experiencing may not be caused by an electronic failure. We have seen several units, stored, that have gotten dusty and when heated up emit a dirty smell. However, the problem might be electrical so you might want to find a qualified tech to evaluate it. If you can not...
  9. AbSoundLabsMN

McIntosh Receiver Recapping

I agree with C_dk with reference to the type of capacitors used in the McIntosh line of products. One should note that not all non-electrolytic capacitors leak. Problem with them is that, over the years, they change value and can cause changes in the Sonics of the unit. When we restore a unit...
  10. AbSoundLabsMN

MR 71 power supply

The procedure for the update varies between models. It requires replacement of the selenium rectifier(s) with a silicon diode and a replacement or insertion of a value, post rectifier, to make the supply voltages within 10% to 15% of their original values. The 1N-4007 current rating is really...
  11. AbSoundLabsMN

Period Correct cabinet info

The original Slant Leg cabinet does not have feet. After a period of sales on the Slant leg cabinet the cabinet was changed to a different style. The L52 is the more available cabinet. It has 5" high panels with Panloc brackets. The L52A is the same as the L52 but was purchased from a different...
  12. AbSoundLabsMN

c34v power cord replacement

The part is called a Heyco Strain Relief. They can be had from most industrial distributors, i.e. Newark, Digi-Key, Allied and MSC. Heyco makes a special tool for removing and inserting them. Without this tool, the best way to remove it is as Harryconover mentions. However, I suggest the...
  13. AbSoundLabsMN

MC240 hum question

From your description of the issue I agree with the comments that one of the main filters has started to fail. The doublers would create a lower violtage to be rectified and sent to the pi-filter. The most likely failing part would be C-25 (100/100/30). You should also make sure that the...
  14. AbSoundLabsMN

McIntosh MPI-4 for my SS system

A point of clarification. Jacks TP1 and TP2 are used for alignment purposes only. They were not intended for use as an audio source. Mark
  15. AbSoundLabsMN

Mr- 78 tuner bezel

I did forget to mention Goo-Gone. It will also work, but takes longer to work then some other methods. Mark - McIntosh Service Center.
  16. AbSoundLabsMN

Mr- 78 tuner bezel

McIntosh uses a thin, double sided tape, similar to the tape made by 3M for the automotive industry. In order for the tape to adhere properly, you must carefully remove the old tape from the back of the bezel. This can be accomplished using the plastic razor blades sold at most home improvement...
  17. AbSoundLabsMN

Matching capacitors in rebuild of second amp?

In most of our repairs or restorations we use Panasonic FC Series or to a lesser degree Nichicon UUV devices. Both have proven to be acceptable replacements. But, as previously mentioned keep the values the same as those being replaced. Mark - McIntosh Service Center.
  18. AbSoundLabsMN

MR71: Mixer Coil L3 needed.

You don't indicate why you need the coil. How was it damaged or identified as a problem. Mark - McIntosh Service Center.
  19. AbSoundLabsMN

MC2100 Question

Sorry Folks. I have been behind in my posting. The MC-2100, depending on which production run yours is, have an updating to the driver circuits for both channels. This update compensates for the aging of the original components with newer, more reliable devices. If the unit has not been updated...
  20. AbSoundLabsMN

10/15/17: ReOpened Audiosonic Service to handle additional product lines other than just McIntosh.

10/15/17: ReOpened Audiosonic Service to handle additional product lines other than just McIntosh.
  21. AbSoundLabsMN

MPI-4 Question

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry. It would seem that there are never enough hours in a day to accomplish what needs to be done. Is the "Buzz" electrical (Audio Content) or mechanical? Mark McIntosh Service Center
  22. AbSoundLabsMN

McIntosh C20 Volume control pot

Clinic Audio is correct on the values of the four decks on the early C20's. The front two decks, according to my original schematic are the next control in the audio chain. The wiper from the balance control feeds the high end of the first and second decks. Their value is 100k (R4). The wiper...
  23. AbSoundLabsMN

Regarding Mcintosh MC275VI

Hi... You don't indicate whether the output tubes are glowing red or is it the LEDs under the smaller tubes? Mark - McIntosh Service Center
Back
Top Bottom