Search results

1. aldread

Best, reasonably priced, programmable remote?

I can barely keep track of the 5 remotes in my H/T setup. My wife can't figure them out at all. What the best programmable remote without going much over say $125? I'm sure this problem has been solved by others, although I searched and couldn't find any applicable posts! Thanks in advance.
  2. aldread

R.I.P. Ginger Baker

Died at the age of 80... He had many long term diseases. He died from COPD. I watched a documentary about him a couple of years ago, he was living in South Africa, and was a bit of a curmudgeon. The best quote was when he was asked about Jack Bruce, he replied, "Jack Bruce! That f***ing c**t!"
  3. aldread

Who's got a Drone?

I bought an Autel XSP 4k drone last fall. I've taken some decent footage, but I need to catch up on video editing/software. Its a fun hobby and opens new dimensions to photography.
  4. aldread

How can I tell if a Zero Stat gun is operational?

I just bought a D4 Discwasher system for a song at a local thrift. The D4 set includes the standard Discwasher brush and fluid, as well as a stylus examination and maintenance tool and fluid. How can I tell if the included Zero Stat gun is working?
  5. aldread

Need good father - daughter dance song selection

We are trying to prepare for my daughter's August wedding reception. The DJ needs our music preferences, and I can't think of a cool song for our father daughter dance. I'd prefer something not too sentimental, but still meaningful. Anyone have suggestions? Plus: It has to be easy to...
  6. aldread

Cartridge Identification Help

I have a JVC tt, and when I was looking closer at it I saw it has a Stanton headshell and a Grado cart. The cart is blue and labeled Grado G. Is this a desirable cart? Should I use it on my Denon tt? Is the stanton headshell good quality? I see the cart has silver dots...
  7. aldread

R.I.P Johnny Winter

A great one has died, I saw him and Edgar in Klienhans Music Hall in Buffalo back in the day. Loudest concert I ever heard! My ears rang for days. (Actually they still ring!) From the NY Times: Johnny Winter, a Texas-bred guitarist and singer who was a mainstay of the blues-rock world...
  8. aldread

Quick Referendum on eBay Global Shipping?

I've seen a number of complaints regarding Global Shipping, as well as some praise. I think dissatified users are more likely to post in general. I am about to list a very desirable silver faced vintage unit, which I believe would recieve considerable interest from Asian buyers. I am...
  9. aldread

What's the deal on the Audiokarma Marketplace

I was wondering about the Audiokarma Marketplace. It just appeared without any explanation that I have seen. Is it open to all sellers? Is there a fee to sell there? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I may have missed it.
  10. aldread

ebay Shipping not Reflecting New USPS Rates?

I have some auctions scheduled to start Sunday, but the ebay shipping calculator doesn't seem to reflect the recent price increases at the Post Office. I tried revising the listings, but the shipping costs didn't change. Is there any reason to believe they will somehow change before Sunday, or...
  11. aldread

JRiver Media Server and Pioneer sc1522

I'm new to this Music Server stuff so I'm hoping someone can answer this. I just set up the Pioneer SC1522 AVR, it has internet connectivity, which includes internet radio, Pandora etc., and of course accessing a local media server. After trying different Media Servers, I decided on JRiver...
  12. aldread

Model 19's Reduced!

No affiliation nor funds to buy these beauties, they were $2000 last week. atlanta craigslist > atlanta > for sale / wanted > electronics - by owner Vintage Altec Lancing Model 19 - $1800 (Goose Creek) Date: 2012-12-02, 7:40PM EST Reply to this post...
  13. aldread

Stupid Question!!

I picked up a beautiful Pioneer Elite 5.1 amp (5 x 120) today at the thrift. I got it because my B&K HT Preamp is broken and it would cost more to fix than the Pioneer was. However when I got to work and looked up the Manual for the Pioneer I noticed that they say to use 6 to 8 ohm...
  14. aldread

KEF 120 Speakers "REDROCKER" SPEAKERS

"Seller Refurbished"!!!!! Be careful, I threw up a little in my mouth! http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEF-120-Speakers-REDROCKER-SPEAKERS-/150833203764?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item231e5c0a34
  15. aldread

Hartsfields On the 'Bay!!

Don't think these have been posted, so I'm throwing it up for giggles...
  16. aldread

Question about Gain Control

I am currently using a B&K Reference 50 preamp. Unlike all my earlier equipment which had an unmarked volume control, this one is marked in db. With, a range from -96db to +15db. I gather 0db is 'reference level' (quite loud). The other night I was listening to a pair of Infinitesimal 0.2's...
  17. aldread

Altec Lansing Vintage Carmel Series 838A - $1750 (Marietta, GA)

No affiliation, just a FYI http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/2939388296.html Altec Lansing Vintage Carmel Series 838A - $1750 (Marietta) Date: 2012-04-04, 6:25AM EDT Reply to: fmbxn-2939388296@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] This classic VINTAGE pair of speakers...
  18. aldread

"$200,000" stereo for only $6000!!!

No affiliation, and no idea if this is worth while, but it looks neat!! http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/2930826733.html Complete Tube Single Ended Triode Horn System - $6000 (Asheville, NC) Date: 2012-03-30, 12:41PM EDT Reply to: 9xs2h-2930826733@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when...
  19. aldread

Great CL Score, Too Late!!!

Emailed 4 hours after listing, seller responded with an apology, saying it was sold and he probably priced it too cheaply.... Early 80's monster stereo equipment. All working Crown DC-300 power amplifier. Crown IC-150 Preamplifier. Bose 901 speakers with original equalizer. These cost...
  20. aldread

Krell KSA-250 Monster Amp.!

Not mine, No affil. Been watching this for a while, seemed crazy at $1775, but at $975 it might be reasonable. I guess it depends on the repair cost... Either way it's out of my league, both the cost and size/weight!! http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/2788688800.html Krell KSA-250...
  21. aldread

Marantz Classic! Not sure about the price...

Marantz 8b tube amp. Saw this in the Atlanta CL, amp is in Nashville. No affiliation. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/2834349276.html I'm really hesitant to sell this, but it's time to let it go. If you are not familiar with this amp, it is one of the great vintage handbuilt amps...
  22. aldread

Paypal vs. Credit Cards

It seems many eBay sellers find PayPal annoying, myself included. My question is, since eBay allows sellers to accept credit cards, why can't a seller accept only credit cards and not PayPal? I'm thinking of going this route but I'm sure there must be something I'm missing. I'm hopng the more...
  23. aldread

Christmas Auction Endings

I normally end my eBay auctions on Sunday night between 9:30 and 10:00 PM EDT. To ensure there are a lot of idle people available to view and hopefully bid. It seems to work well. At first I thought I would not run auctions next week due to Christmas occurring on Sunday, but as I thought more...
  24. aldread

Selling Question

I have a classic vintage integrated amp I'm going to sell on eBay. My question is, should I include the wood case (optional accessory), or would I get more money by selling them separately?
  25. aldread

1930's RCA Theater Tube Amplifier Rack - ATL

Interesting rack of tubes! http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/2610235707.html "This is a vintage RCA theater amplifier. It came from a working theater that was being demolished. I don't know much about it but it is 1000W mono amp with 6L6 tubes. Not in the picture is the front cover that...
Back
Top Bottom