Search results

1. wlgrant6

TEAC A-4010S Hub Update

I have a TEAC A-4010S which uses the older rubber caps to hold the reels on the hubs. Does anyone know if there is a later model hub with the twist-lock reel retainers that could be a direct replacement? Hate dealing with the rubber caps. Bill
  2. wlgrant6

Conar 221 Tube Tester

I recently acquired a Conar model 221 Tube Tester, and it doesn't work. Cleaned all the switches and pots, and no help. Searched everywhere I can find, looking for a schematic, to no avail. Hopefully someone out there has a schematic they can share. Thanks, Bill
  3. wlgrant6

Ct-F1000 rewind, and fast forward working, play not working

I recently acquired a CT-F1000 that hadn't been used for several years. From all the dirt, may have been stored in a shed or garage. So I ordered belts, tires, and motor pulley from wjoe, and tore it down and installed them. Now Fast forward and rewind work great, but it won't play. Tries...
  4. wlgrant6

Curtis Mathis Console

This huge Curtis Mathis console is for sale locally. It looks too new to be tube, but was wondering what kind of speakers might be in it. Anybody know what type of speakers they normally used?
  5. wlgrant6

6EU7 Grid to ground resistor

Looking at different single ended 6BQ5 amps with a 6EU7 input stage. I see some that use 470K grid to ground resistors, some use 1 meg, and some use 6.8 meg resistors. What determines the value of this resistor? I'm thinking probably dependent on how the amp is going to be used. Solid state...
  6. wlgrant6

Filament voltages in old radio

Hey everybody. Happy first day of spring to you. Don't know about where you guys are, but it doesn't feel much like spring here in Ky. Hope you guys don't mind me asking a question about an old Zenith AM/FM Model T723 table radio. According to the tube placement chart on the radio, and the...
  7. wlgrant6

Single ended RCA amp

Some time ago I came across a facebook posting where a guy had pulled the guts out of an RCA record player only console, and wanted to give away the guts. I could see some tubes in the box of stuff, so I answered, and the guy told me to come and get it. When I got there, there was a turntable...
  8. wlgrant6

Kenwood KT-413 Tuner, tuning problem.

I purchased this tuner recently, wasn't able to test it before I bought it, and it has a problem. It has no provision for manual tuning. When you scan it, it stops at the first station, and locks onto the channel. The problem is, it doesn't stop exactly at the station, but off enough that you...
  9. wlgrant6

This used to be an HH Scott Stereomaster 345 Receiver

Now it is an integrated amp. This old receiver was found inside a leaky semi box trailer that hadn't been moved for many years. The cover looked like a brown nasty piece of swiss cheese. And as you can see from the pics, the rest of it didn't fare so well either. It was in such sad shape, I...
  10. wlgrant6

Lafayette KT-600 preamp wrong resistor?

Hi folks. I am working on a KT-600 that has one ch stronger than the other. Ran it back with a scope to second half of V3 and V6. Looking at the ckt board, both channels seem to be identical in component layout except R99 and R107. R99 has a 470K resistor, and R107 has a 240K resistor. Since...
  11. wlgrant6

Odd factory wiring error

Picked up a Sears Silvertone console, with a nice 6BQ5 PP amp in it. Amplifier Chassis No. 528.69201. Getting ready to do a recap on it, and I always draw a sketch of how the can cap is wired, for reference. In tracing out the jumpers going to the cap, and the resistors mounted on it, it...
  12. wlgrant6

Early Silicon Rectifiers.

Looking to find a modern replacement for a SR7.5-7.5 that HH Scott used in the Stereomaster 345 high voltage bridge rectifier.. Can't find any info on this diode. I have a good supply of 1N4007 and UF4007 that I could try, not sure if they will do the job or not. Bill
  13. wlgrant6

Can anyone identify this tube

There are no markings on the glass. Only markings are on the base. Looks like a rectifier to me,but beyond that I don't have a clue. And a happy new year to all. Bill
  14. wlgrant6

Adapt-a-cap?

Just wondering if anyone has tried using the adapt-a-cap to replace twist lock cans. Looks like it would be just a matter of drilling a couple of mounting tab holes, and possibly enlarging the cap access hole in the chassis. But, as I have never used the adapt-a-cap, don't know if there is some...
  15. wlgrant6

Kenwood Optoisolator

Hello all you Kenwood folks. I have a Kenwood KR7070 which uses at least 3 of these devices. A couple in the multiplex section, and one in the auto-tune section. Of course the original device is no longer available, and this auto coupler looks like it might possibly work. Just wondering if...
  16. wlgrant6

What's going on with China Shipping?

Used to get orders from China in 2 to 3 weeks. Now can't get anything in less than 3 months, if it gets here at all. Mostly orders for small components, but I'm assuming the same is true for larger items as well. I've been waiting on a digital amp board for 3 1/2 months. Dealer says reshipped...
  17. wlgrant6

Send Anywhere?

I recently lost my entire itunes library during a windows 10 reinstallation. But the entire library is also on my iphone. I am looking for a way to transfer the entire music library from my iphone, back to my PC. Looking like an app called "Send Anywhere" could possibly do it. And it looks...
  18. wlgrant6

1942 Philco Radio

I found this neat old Radio at an Estate sale yesterday. 1942 Philco model 42-350 code 121. They must have made a lot of them, as there are lots of pics of the radio, schematics, parts list etc. on line. It's in pretty good shape cosmetically, overall. Gonna need a little TLC, but no serious...
  19. wlgrant6

Sansui Eight-Deluxe can't do driver board adjustents

Hi folks. I have a Sansui Eight-Deluxe that after it has been on for a minute or so, it will go in, then right back of protection one time. So I thought I would check DC 0V and Bias Current. Set it up on a Variac for 117 Volts. When I measure at 9A or 9B on the protection board (with fuses...
  20. wlgrant6

Ya gotta be fast to use this Pioneer Elite DVD player

Hi folks. I have a Pioneer Elite DV-37 DVD player that when you operate the eject button, the drawer opens and instantly closes. If you're fast, you can get a CD in there before it closes, then it plays just fine. I'm afraid my knowledge of the mechanical operation of a CD player is pretty...
  21. wlgrant6

Revox A77 Reel to Reel--VU meters don't switch from input to tape.

Hi Folks. Have a really nice A77 that works perfect except for one glitch. The VU meters are always monitoring the input, no matter what position the monitor switch is in. When switching monitor from input to tape, it plays from the tape, but the VU meters stay monitoring the input. Cleaned...
  22. wlgrant6

HH Scott Stereomaster 345 Bias Rectifier

I put my 345 on the bench to run some tests on it, and created a problem. I have a Theater Solutions TS8D mounted on the bench to select vrs speakers. I have one set that I usually use for testing that has in-line fuses on the speaker wires. I hooked up the 345 to the input of the selector...
  23. wlgrant6

Change grid resistor in HHScott 345??

I was looking to put a new quad of Tung-Sol factory matched 7591A's in my 345. Then I read this. Application note: There occasionally have been cases where new production 7591A tubes have had trouble in circuits using a very high value grid resistor, such as Scott and Fisher (others too). If...
  24. wlgrant6

Adjusting Bias on HHScott 345

The following is from the HHScott Website. Use a low-resistance, mA (milliammeter) and connect it across the current sensing resistor in the output tubes' cathode circuit of the channel under measurement. Would these be R40 and R43, 330K resistors?
  25. wlgrant6

Mystery speakers

Can anyone identify the speakers in this picture?
Back
Top Bottom