Search results

1. teftamaqua

I am so sorry, but I keep getting "Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums - Error"...

I am so sorry, but I keep getting "Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums - Error" everytime I search. Can you point me in the right direction, very frustrating....Thank you Tim
  2. teftamaqua

SX-1250 + A 2ND PRE-AMP

So, what exactly is the "adapter" in/out used for? The manual shows "Noise Reduction" components connected. And, there is a switch . I don't ever remember having anything hooked up to the adapter. What I do notice when I bypass the built in preamp for the 1250 and use the Tubes for HiFi SP14, I...
  3. teftamaqua

SX-1250 + A 2ND PRE-AMP

I need the convenience of a remote when using my 1250. I removed the jumpers, used a Schitt SYS to switch the 1250 preamp with my Tubes for HiFi SP14. Gives me the convenience of using the 1250 preamp or the SP14 with volume control. Not sure if thats what the OP had in mind. I got a little...
  4. teftamaqua

JBL L112 Woofer/Midrane phasing

Oh, just as a follow-up. The L166 Horizon and the L100 Centuries are the same way. The mid is out of phase with the Woofer and tweeter. And, as already noted, the schematics reveal this. I just thought I would test them.
  5. teftamaqua

Well thank you very much for your replies. I suppose JBL did this on other speaker models too. I have a pair of L100 and L166 and will have to check out of curiosity. I was working on my system last weekend and must of inadvertently crossed the plus/minus on the left channel. Having a channel...
  6. teftamaqua

When testing my speaker phasing I noticed my midrange is out of phase from my Woofer and tweeter. It is the same on both speakers. I wonder what affect this has, if any? And, if this is the designers intent, why?
  7. teftamaqua

JBL Speaker rear panel signature engraving

Yeh, when I worked in DC for a DOD we used to wear our SS on our badges. Thanks for the reply.
  8. teftamaqua

JBL Speaker rear panel signature engraving

You know, I never thought any of the signature that is engraved on the back of my JBL L100s. I just thought maybe the guy who owned them before just did it to mark as his own. The other day I was watching a youtube video of someone refurbing L100 cabinets. One of the first things he did was fill...
  9. teftamaqua

multiple amps and speaker selector

That is a great idea. I too have to add the resistors. I only switch a tube and a Marantz and use this. It works well. But until I add the safety resistors I have to remember not to power up my Dynaco until switched.
  10. teftamaqua

JBL L166 project, should I part them out?

Knowing they will go a good home and be resurrected as the speaker they are is a good thing. I know I just love 'em. I have a pair hanging off a very old vintage amp and they are glorious. Good Luck.
  11. teftamaqua

Help restoring 1962 Magnavox console 1ST622A

Wow, just happened upon this post. I have something very similar and have not given it much thought lately. My Father's old console has been sitting for quite some time. When I looked at the SAMs, I was surprised to see the image looked exactly the same. I know this was OK when my father was...
  12. teftamaqua

Schiit Fans ?

I like all my Schitt stuff. I think I have six different pieces. Started buying it four years ago. So far, so good. I highly recommend it.
  13. teftamaqua

JBL L166 project, should I part them out?

Oh my, I would keep them if you can. Had my pair since '78, I love 'em. I have seen replacement parts for them off and on. But those look pretty good. Good luck.
  14. teftamaqua

Allo DigiOne Signature player

My Allo got stuck in customs, was about to be delivered, went back to customs. I gave up thinking I would never see this. Then two days later it showed up. But, nothing comapred to all my stuff stuck in the postal facility in Allentown. I see you are down there. Everything was there, just took...
  15. teftamaqua

What do I do with all this???

I know, really was looking for a starting point as I have no experience with this. Since I decided to do this, I now have to see what is there. My Father was the patriarch of the family. Being the youngest (B.1919) many of his siblings, cousins, etc gave their records to him. Back in those...
  16. teftamaqua

here Here. I actually played many of His Christmas Albums today. He especially loved Ray Coniff Firestone Albums
  17. teftamaqua

I am getting lots of help. Most suggestions I never even considered. Hence the reason for my posting here. This is just the beginning of this effort, who know where it will go. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.
  18. teftamaqua

So, for shits and giggles I went to Discogs and entered a box set I just grabbed off the end. Here are the results Considering this was NEVER played is a plus I amagine..
  19. teftamaqua

Well, I took a trip down to the basement and there were 22 linear feet of albums, 3 foot were collectors boxes from places like Readers Digest, the like. And if I take a conservative 70/ft it would be 1500. This could be quite a wonderful journey. And, I do have to get my brother involved. I...
  20. teftamaqua

Thank You, yes we did. My Mom and Dad were both born in the teens, lived through the depression, WWII Vet (and my Mom worked in a munitions plat). He worked in NYC for forty years and we lived in Eastern Pa, they did not want us growing up in Brooklyn where we were born. Every weekend when he...
  21. teftamaqua

I will do all of this. First thing is to get it all upstairs. See just how many albums are there. And begin the process of categorizing and going to Discog. I was going there for my meager collection of 500 Albums. And, there are many unopened box sets, not sure what they are. I will keep...
  22. teftamaqua

That would be my wish. I am just beginning this, and exactly why I posted this here. I knew the topic and situation would garner some thoughtful and serious suggestions.
  23. teftamaqua

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

A-Treat..........I just bought many of the Golden Ginger-Ale for Boilo. A Coalregion delight. You can still get A-Treat Go Here https://www.a-treat.com/treat-online-store TF
  24. teftamaqua

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

B Bethlum! MusikFest, still going strong. An online event this year. I miss staying at the Hotel Bethlehem and attending this GREAT music festival.
  25. teftamaqua

I am in the process of bringing everything upstairs for display. I hope to be done soon. Just up the NE Extension ya know.
Back
Top Bottom