Search results

1. KevinFlippo

Best looking Amplifier - Your pick??

Wow! :drool::drool::drool: Those are so cool and if I remember right they are very rare. :thmbsp:
  2. KevinFlippo

Pics of your listening space

Nice System! I have a PL-707 too. But I have noticed that anyone that has one dose not have the original dust cover. When I bought mine off a friend a few years ago he did not have the dust cover to it. I see that you made a new one, but what happend to your original dust cover?
  3. KevinFlippo

Dahlquist DQ-10's?

I picked up a pair of DQ-10's about 6 weeks ago for $225. I knew they were going to be a project when I picked them up. I have re-foamed the woofers, replaced the mid-woofer with a Dayton unit, re-wired and totally rebuilt the crossovers with new Janzen and Dayton caps, inductors and...
  4. KevinFlippo

Celestion speakers SL6

I owned a pair of SL6s's for about 13 years. They were my first real "High End" speakers. I got them as a dealer demo for $500 including stands. They demanded a lot of power. At first I had a B&K St-140 driving them and later a pair of Primare 200 watt Mono Blocks. With enough power they...
  5. KevinFlippo

I am jealous! :drool: All that Marantz gear and the KEF 103.2's! Awesome Combo!
  6. KevinFlippo

Thanks for the links! I want one now. :D
  7. KevinFlippo

Leave SS Electronics All the Time? Or How Often To Power Up?

I am in the leave SS gear On all the time camp. Tube gear turned off when not in use due to tubes do have a limited lifespan. Why keep SS gear on? One thing is the life damaging surges from the power supply when powered on and off can shorten the life of silicone devices. Another thing is...
  8. KevinFlippo

Radio Shack cables & interconnects?

+1 Teflon insulation helps too!
  9. KevinFlippo

What is the Big, Monsterous power amp?
  10. KevinFlippo

I was with them from 1990 to 1996. Things have change a lot with them since then. They need to bring Bernie back. :)
  11. KevinFlippo

Some low grade steel. They had a hell of a grip once plugged in. I once pulled the plug off the back of a receiver. :eek:
  12. KevinFlippo

I was refering to Radio Shack's "Gold Series" that they sold for many years and I still have a couple of the sets. But many of Radio Shack's products were very good a few years back before they converted to being a cellphone store. I miss the old Shack.
  13. KevinFlippo

As a former Radio Shack manager I can say that they are crap. The connectors are not copper with a gold plating as most quality connectors are. The cable is a nothing special coax with a foil shield. I have not tried MonoPrice's audio cables but their HDMI cables are first rate with 22 or 24...
  14. KevinFlippo

Speakers: What do you own?

Hi, New Guy here, First Post Speakers that have come and gone: American Accoustic Labs(don't remember model but they rock'd at the time) Genesis Physics Model 110's ElectroVoice Interface series 2 Celestion SL6S( I just wore them out and could not get new replacement drivers or I would...
Back
Top Bottom