Search results

1. J

Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

Hope she's feeling much better soon. Prayers sent.
  2. J

Acoustic Research AR9LSi restoration

Great thread, thanks for posting.
  3. J

Bulk Erasing Reel to Reel Tape

Erasing Is there a recommended method of moving the eraser around the tape ? Circular, back and forth ? How long should the eraser be near the tape, 15 seconds maybe ? Thanks for all of the info. :thmbsp:
  4. J

Cool, thanks for the info. :thmbsp:
  5. J

Hello all - Will a bulk eraser work with tape on a metal reel or should it be on a plastic reel ? Thanks
  6. J

Technics Help !!

Hi all-Is there a Reel to Reel tech in the Greater Boston, MA. area ? A friend of mine has a Technics RS-1700 that needs some help. :thmbsp:
  7. J

8080 and 9090 Roll Call!

I have a beautiful 9090DB that was restored by Chris Ready. I will keep it forever :)
  8. J

Sansui 9090DB now a Mastepiece! PICs...

I also have a full 9090DB rebuild courtesy of Chris. He is a great guy to deal with and I highly recommend him. :yes:
  9. J

AKAI R2R needs repair in Cincinnati, suggestions?

Hi Rick-Have you ever heard of Edwards Electronics ? He's semi-retired but he loves working on reel to reels. He lives in Fairfield. Gimme a shout when you can, John
  10. J

thanks, i got it fixed :)

thanks, i got it fixed :)
  11. J

Infinity Kappa 9 with SAE power and Thorens 126 TT

New Stuff Congrats on a super purchase !! :yes:
  12. J

Hi-Def TV is now cheap enough for me

Nice custom antenna !! You should market the design :)
  13. J

Hi cdfixer !! I have a Sansui 9090DB question for ya. Is it possible to disconnect the...

Hi cdfixer !! I have a Sansui 9090DB question for ya. Is it possible to disconnect the infamous Dolby board without adversely affecting the sound quality ? I never use it so it would be no great loss. Mine is on the fritz for about the 4th or 5th time since I've owned it. Lemme know what ya...
  14. J

Anybody using your Sansui as a PreAmp Only?

Sansui 9090DB As a Preamp I run 2 Conrad Johnson MV-100's tube amps into my 9090DB with AR9LS's as my speaker system. It doesn't get any better :)
  15. J

Pittsburgh to Cincinnati

Hi all !! Is there anyone in the Pittsburgh area heading to Cincy in the next month or so ? I found a nice Teac X-2000R with accessories but he won't ship and I'm gonna have trouble getting off of work to make the run. Gimme a shout if you can help.
  16. J

So I went to this Estate Sale Auction...

Mystery Boxes The suspense is killing me...............
  17. J

Beatles pre-recorded reel-to-reel tapes

Sometimes yes, sometimes no..............
  18. J

Beatles pre-recorded reel-to-reel tapes

Beatle Tapes Sounds like a great buy, which tapes did you get ?
  19. J

Grundig garage sale find - $3

Grundig catch What a great find !! And try tuning between 9 - 10 MHZ in the late afternoon to late evening, also around the 6 MHZ area. This ought to be a pretty good little signal magnet with a short wire antenna. :yes:
  20. J

My first dead record thanks to shipping...

Arkay is SO right on this. Don't just write "Do Not Bend" on the box. Make it so it WON'T bend. It's a shame you lost a rare one, hopefully there's another one out there with your name on it.
  21. J

Anybody near Shreveport, LA ?

I've got some still sealed TDK "EE" tapes on hold with a guy who will do local pick-up only. He's located in Shreveport, La. Gimme a shout if anyone can help. Thanks, John :thmbsp:
  22. J

Sansui AU-20000

Whoa !! This has to be one of the all-time best finds !!! Welcome to the AU-20000 club :) :yes:
  23. J

Case Restoration

Refinishing Work Great job Pete, VERY nice work indeed :yes:
  24. J

Need 9090 silver toggle cover!

9090 You've got a PM........ :yes:
  25. J

Ebay scam on MC-2000?

Scam Update Yesterday I emailed them to ask if I could pick it up in person and pay cash. Guess what.........I just got a reply stating "I am sorry, but I've already sold the item"......so I have alerted Ebay to this also. Look for this one to end sometime shortly (hopefully)
Back
Top Bottom