Search results

1. wingman65

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Yes, I thought Id try them them this way first as it is a small cab at 1.25 cu ft. If I dont like the results I will port them. Ill trade efficiency for solid base as I have horsepower to drive them. So far they sound good, dig deep in the bass dept without sounding muddy. Overall clarity is...
  2. wingman65

Finished another pair of Economy Ewaves. Been collecting the parts and pieces over the course of a couple years and after re-reading through the monsterous thread I found my motivation to get them finished. The cabs are repurposed old EPI A300 in decent condition and solid. The build is based on...
  3. wingman65

Working on a pair of KLH Model Twenty Three - help me out.

Does anyone know the value of this inductor in the Twenty Three?
  4. wingman65

Ewaves...finally!

Very nice. That is quite a fantastic veneer job. I bet they sound as good as they look:yes:
  5. wingman65

KLH Model Twenty Three crossover frequency

You obviously didn't read my post properly. I'm not bastardizing my 23's. I'm building another pair of speakers with surplus parts.
  6. wingman65

I'm very impressed with my 23's that I resealed and recapped, they are keepers. I came across a pair of nice wood veneered EPI A300 cabs with the woofers and mids shot but good air spring inverted dome tweeters. I want to make a new baffle and use 23 woofs either with the epi tweets or...
  7. wingman65

Thanks. If anyone knows the value of the inductor i sure would appreciate it. These might make good E-wave candidates.
  8. wingman65

Someone please , what is crossover frequency of model twenty three, I need to build crossovers.
  9. wingman65

Post photos of your speakers

Here are my favorites. Kenwood 777s, Advent 1's, and restored KLH 23's. I have to say that the KLH are my favorites as they seem to play effortlessly.
  10. wingman65

Advent/1

Yes, recapped and refoamed with correct surrounds by a professional audio service. My first Advents, spent a couple hours with them and they do sound very nice:music: Thanks for all the replies. Tony
  11. wingman65

Advent/1

Just bought a professionally refoamed pair of Advent/1 speakers for $50. Did i do alright? They look very nice and sound good. Just don't know much about them.
  12. wingman65

Anyone care to rate the classic KLH speakers? I'm going to drive them with my MC240.

My first experience with KLH speakers are the 23's I just finished restoring. Found the cabs in great shape for $20 and spent $120 on all the drivers. I must say that I am very impressed with the full, warm sound and bass to go with it.:music:
  13. wingman65

KLH Model 5 vs Model 6

Finished building my model Twenty-Three's and I am quite pleased with the outcome even though they do still need to be redoped, they sound very nice. I used 1% Dayton caps and model Twelve drivers. Anyone have any idea about the difference between the honey colored and black sealants used by KLH...
  14. wingman65

KLH Model 5 vs Model 6

Just bought a complete set of drivers from twelves to fill my beautiful $20 Goodwill 23 cabs. Total cost with new caps will be $180. I can't wait for my parts to arrive, I have a Sony STR V-4 waiting to drive them.
  15. wingman65

KLH Model 5 vs Model 6

Those 5's look great, you did well at $125.
  16. wingman65

KLH Model 5 vs Model 6

I've always thought of early KLH speakers as the best sounding ugly speakers around.
  17. wingman65

KLH Model 5 vs Model 6

Thanks GB, anyone know of any noticeable difference between the Twelve's double magnet driver and the five/twenty-three? I would imagine it best to use the double magnet version as a matched pair, just not one hundred percent certain that it is a suitable replacement for the five or twenty-three...
  18. wingman65

KLH Model 5 vs Model 6

KLH made some amazing speakers that have stood the test of time. More and more people are catching on and driving up their prices. I've always understood that the woofer for the five, twelve, and twenty-three were the same but the twelve has a doubled magnet, and some have square magnets and...
  19. wingman65

Wharfdale W60c

Thanks, they seem different. If I score them, I'll post pics.
  20. wingman65

Wharfdale W60c

I found a pair of W60c speakers for sale for 75 bucks in very nice condition but don't know much about them. Are these vintage 3 ways any good and worth the $75? If nothing else, they are good looking speakers.
  21. wingman65

Wow, thats the way to cut speaker boxes.:yes:
  22. wingman65

Anyone know of a good source for Mdf speaker rings? I think I'm gonna E-wave the KHL cabs using the DC-250 and the 8" square wavequide.
  23. wingman65

Thanks for that, good info.
  24. wingman65

One page away from 1000, unbelievable:thmbsp: Sure wish Z was around to see it, he'd be proud.
  25. wingman65

KLH Model Twenty Three find

If I can come up with the correct Lf drivers, E-wavin the top end is certainly not out of the question and probably an improvement. My main goal is to preserve the classic look and get the Kloss low end. I would at least like to hear them as designed, but as lond as they sound and look good, so...
Back
Top Bottom