Search results

1. B

DSP-A1 vs ???

Got a black DSP-A1 in good condition in trade for a tape deck. I’m currently running a Sony STR-DA3100ES for surround duty, but was wondering if the Yamaha would be an upgrade even if it’s older? I run all my sources into the 4K tv and then route DTS back via optical to the receiver for sounds...
  2. B

Cambridge audio TL-200 speaker recap

Getting ready to finally recap these babies and was wondering if anyone knew the cap values on the crossovers? Was hoping to have the replacements on hand before I tear into them.
  3. B

Magnavox Concert Grand 82-01-00 amps biamp question

Hey guys, So I got these amps locally from a guy who parted out a console in rough shape but never got around to much else on it. He said they could be used on their own as mono blocks but would need some modification, which is why I'm here. I have a lovely pair of Cambridge TL-100...
  4. B

Dynaco SCA-35 Frankenstein build

So I got the crazy idea of taking a SCA-35 and dropping it inside a chassis of another integrated amp like say, a Sony TA-3650. I like the quality of Sonys controls better than what normally comes with tube gear, save for Mac. Anyway, I idea would be the SCA-35 would fit under the gutted hood of...
  5. B

Sony PS-FL77 project

So, I managed to get a front loading linear bio tracer, and in shipping the tonearm housing was cracked and broken causing the tonearm to sag badly. Not admitting defeat, I epoxied the arm back together. Success! Except some of the epoxy dropped into the track that the arm rides in. I scraped...
  6. B

TA-E86 thoughts?

Looking at getting a TA-E86 or 88 to go with my Vfet TAN-5550. Would I hear a difference with one of these vs. the TAE-5450 that I currently have?
  7. B

Sony TA-E7B

Right now on fleabay there is one for sale in Japan, and for the life of me I can’t tell if the “B” version is really any darker than standard silver. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264071867512 Anybody think it’ll match my silver Sony of the...
  8. B

Should I trade for this?

Having both a Sx-950 and SA-9100, neither really impressed me. Posting in a pioneer forum will probably get a biased answer, but I have the chance to trade a McIntosh MA-6100 for a Pioneer SX-1010. Good idea?
  9. B

Should I trade for this?

Obviously, posting in a Sansui forum will probably generate a biased answer, but here goes. I currently have a McIntosh MA-6100 integrated, it could use a recap, but it's working fine. I like the sound of my Sansui AU-5900 better, probably because of the cap situation in the Mc. I have the...
  10. B

Sony TC-206SD issues

Currently it will fast forward no matter if fast forward or rewind is pressed. Playback is fine. To rewind you have to take the tape out and reverse it and press fast forward. Also auto shut off at end of tape doesn’t work.
  11. B

MA-6100 recap suggestions

Looking at doing some recapping of my MA-6100 due to age reasons. Does anyone have a list of components (caps) that would be good to replace and on which boards?
  12. B

New to the McIntosh Fold

Just got my first piece of McIntosh gear, a MA-6100 in great shape. Got my first chance to listen to it last night, and it sounds great, but not quite a sweet as my Sony VFET amplifier. I've done some recapping in the Sony, so perhaps that's why it's getting the nod now? I don't have any...
  13. B

MA-230...is it like......?

I got the chance to finally listen to my first McIntosh, a MA-230 borrowed from a fellow that never uses it. That said, I fell in love with the sound. Of course, he won't sell. I've since decided to stop listening to it, because it just makes me like it more. My current main system is a Sony...
  14. B

Yaqin CD2 tube buffer

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but here goes. I recently got a used Yaqin CD2 tube buffer with several tubes, all with less than 100 hours. Mullard, Westinghouse, Voshkod. Right now I have the Westinghouse in it. I have it connected from the Pre out 2 of my Preamp, through the...
  15. B

Sony TC-K7ii won’t play

New to me Sony TC-K7II cassette deck. Had a bad belt, which I’ve replaced. It will play, but only for a few seconds and only the left spindle turns, not the right. Also, fast forward and rewind only works for about 5 seconds. What’s going on? Counter turns with fast forward and rewind but not...
  16. B

Sony TC-K7II plays slow

Thinking about a TC-K7II. It plays but slow. Belts?
  17. B

Anybody in Australia or New Zealand?

There is a set of KEF B110 drivers on Trade me for NZ and it won’t let me register because I’m in the Us. I’d gladly pay to get them here. Perhaps someone here in NZ or AUS could help me facilitate this?
  18. B

Sansui QD-5500 Reel

Picked up a QD-5500 with unknown history with about 20 reels with material already on them. Not sure if they were recorded on this machine. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out why it has a muffled sound. Head alignment, or worn out? I've already cleaned and demagnetized the heads. Could the...
  19. B

Cambridge TL200 resonates

got these from my dad who bought new. Sound good, but one speaker has a driver that resonates some, like at the beginning of Yes Roundabout string part. Screws are tight, so how do I fix the ringing/resonating? Driver is the round one in the picture.
  20. B

Bose 141....why the hate?

just curious, why do people generally crap all over Bose? I had the 141 for 5 years and it took finally getting a good amp (Sansui 5900) to get them to sound good. I’ve since upgraded to NHT super zeros, but the bose still sound pretty darn good.
  21. B

In search of....

A Crown OC-150/150A, or something like it. What is similar to the 150?
  22. B

Sony TAN-5550 no output

picked up a 5550 vfet with matching preamp. Preamp works fine, no output though from the amp. Innards look like they’re caked with nicotine and I noticed d602 diode looks to be bad or at least disconnected. Is she a boat anchor? Sell for parts? Replace the diodes?
  23. B

AU-666 VS AU-5900

I have a 5900, love the sound, recently a 666 popped up locally. How do they compare? Obviously the 5900 is more powerful, but sound wise, how is the 666?
  24. B

Bose 141 vs....

I am currently running Bose 141 in a large vaulted room with a small active sub, being driven by a Sansui au5900. The Sansui made a huge difference in how the bose sounded, but in the quest for even better sound while still blending into the room, I’ve started to look around. Currently my...
  25. B

To V15 or not to V15....

That is the question. I have a chance at a NOS V15 type iv, question is, how would it compare to the NOS nagatron 210e I just got? Table is a Sony PS-X75.
Back
Top Bottom