Search results

1. D

Please Help with Speaker ID (again...)

I'm am now quite certain that these are the lower cabinets from a Newform Research speaker.
  2. D

Please Help with Speaker ID (again...)

Hi all, I am eyeballing some goodies at a local estate auction and these speakers have me intrigued. I'm unable to see them in person, and there are no pictures available of the back. I feel like I've seen them before, but I can't figure out exactly what they are. The cabinet reminds of...
  3. D

Revox Owners, Cartridge?

Did you end up with the MP-200? I’m contemplating something new for my B790 and was thinking about the Nagaoka range.
  4. D

Yeah, another speaker ID request

I'll try to get them. They're being auctioned off locally. Who knows what condition they are in. Hopefully perfect.
  5. D

Well done! They seem to be pretty rare. The ones in question are different than any I could find online. Check out this magnet...
  6. D

These drivers look interesting. Wondering if anyone knows what they are, and what they are good for. Full range drivers maybe? Thanks all!
  7. D

Original Leak Sandwich Grill Fabric

Mellotone make a few different fabrics with vintage aesthetics. Not sure that you will be able to find an exact replacement, but I wish you look. Those Leak Sandwich speakers are really lookers if you're into that style. https://qcomponents.ca/Mellotone/
  8. D

New to me Integrated Challenge

I'm super happy with my Bryston B60R. Older ones come up on CAM from time to time in your price range. Chances are you won't get one that's under warranty, but Bryston will still repair them if they're out of warranty for very reasonable prices. I've heard people claim that Bryston amps are...
  9. D

Braun PS500, Thorens TD160, Luxman PD277, does anybody have experience with any of these?

I had the PD-277 many years ago. I bought it in the late 90s and used it for maybe 15 years. No major issues with it while I had it, but a couple minor ones that were easy to repair. First of all, the speed was very unstable. This turned out to be due to oxidization in the speed adjustment...
  10. D

Amp ID. Please..

Hafler DH 500
  11. D

How to remove a stripped hex screw on volume knob?

I recommend avoiding ball head drivers for this type of application. There is not enough tool to hardware contact area for these tiny set screws with a ball head.
  12. D

Price Check on aisle 5, ADS L1530’s

Yikes! I had a pair in almost perfect condition that I sold maybe 6 or 7 years ago for $700 Canadian dollars. Maybe I should have held on to them for a while longer...
  13. D

Terrible Hifiberry service?

Yes. I got the wrong screws (not all were wrong, just a few) and there were some blemishes in the paint. They said they would send me replacement screws (they did not) and they eventually offered to give me a $7 refund because of the blemishes. I wasn't happy and won't be dealing with them again.
  14. D

Vintage Setup - Speaker Issues w/ aux(iphone)

It's pretty common for the headphone jacks to make noise due to poor connection. Try spinning the plug around inside the jack and see if it makes noise while you do it. Not sure how you would fix it, other than replace the jack, and/or cable.
  15. D

Please Help with Luxman C-1000 - Noisy High Pass Filter

For anyone who is interested, the issue was with diode D601. I swapped the VD1221 out for 2 1N4148 in series and everything seems to be working well. I bought enough of 1N4148s to replace all of the VD1221s in the preamp, but as far as I can tell it was just the one that was acting up. The...
  16. D

I've swapped the transistors and capacitor from the working channel to the faulty channel and the problem does not follow the components. When first powered on the fault is not present. After a minute or so DC leaks into the signal path, I'm assuming once the faulty component(s) reach a...
  17. D

So, it appears as though it's just in the right channel. Attached pictures are input on top and output on the bottom. The output is bouncing all over the place, so there I believe there is some DC getting in there.
  18. D

Sorry... meant transistor. Not sure why I typed resistor. Q601 I believe the noise was in both channels. I'll have to hook it back up to verify.
  19. D

Hi all, I'm looking for some guidance with my Luxman C-1000 preamplifier. The pre is in excellent condition and everything works as it should with the exception of the 70hz high pass filter. When I engage this filter all sorts of nasty noises can be heard through the speakers. I opened the...
  20. D

Anyone know what this component is?

Yeah, it measures 0 ohms. I've never actually seen one in the wild, but now I have maybe 100 of them in different shapes and sizes.
  21. D

Anyone know what this component is?

I just bought a lot of audio-related components at auction from the estate of someone who used to repair/build audio equipment. There are a pile of these things and I have no idea what they are. Anyone have any ideas?
  22. D

Polarized Cap in Crossover?

I ended up purchasing some bipolar electrolytics from Solen.ca. I'll swap them out one at a time and see if I can tell much of a difference. I'm not sure that the ones I got are low leakage, but I'm also not sure that it makes a whole lot of difference. I might trace out the schematic while...
  23. D

Polarized Cap in Crossover?

Hi all, I recently picked up some Braun L8060HE speakers. As I intend to pass them on to a friend, I figured I'd check to see if there are any electrolytics in the crossover that might need to be replaced. Well, there is one Frako electrolytic, but it's a polarized electrolytic. I've...
  24. D

Spectrum ER-512X/IV G Cartridge - Anyone have info on this cart?

I hope you didn't find this out the hard way...
  25. D

Spectrum ER-512X/IV G Cartridge - Anyone have info on this cart?

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge. I'm still not sure which route I'm going to go with these cartridges of mine, but the information is very helpful.
Back
Top Bottom