Search results

1. R

HK W-5M, 12cg7

I would like to replace the second 12au7 with a 12cg7, I know the heaters are different(it did not light up) can someone tell me what to change please.
  2. R

Heathkit W5 Turn on clicks(worried)

Years ago I recapped a pair of W5's with the 16309 outputs, leaving out the input cap, I recently started listening to them again, and remembered why I had left a note on one saying "clicks". When starting up (I short the preamp input), on just one of the amps there is one or sometimes two or...
  3. R

How to Bi-Amp DDS1 Seeberg speakers. Please

I am trying to find a way to use a Kegger/Blueglow KT88 SE amp I recently built to run the horns on these speakers, and use a pair of Dyna MKlll's for the Woofers. I have just completed the pictured crossover using the schematic that Whaleman used minus the L-pad for now. Whaleman used the...
  4. R

Seeberg DDS-1 Whaleman Schematic

I have been experimenting with one of the pair of these and listening to the other in Mono, I have recently seen the thread about Whaleman's crossover upgrade many of the img's now lead to error pages, and although I can see in the pic below that it looks like the 2 larger caps are 4.7 and 12 I...
  5. R

Biamping using an Audio research EC-4 tube crossover

I want to experiment with bi-amping using the 1000Hz (2-way) method. Item a says "by shorting out the capacitor C-9". Please be specific about how to do this. Sorry about the poor photo quality this is from an original AR owners manual.
  6. R

Seeburg Discotheque DDS1 a different idea.

Around 20 years ago I drove to St. Louis to pickup a pair of these, when I reached the sellers home I could see some large cabinets protruding from the interior wall of the garage, when he invited me in I saw the faces of the Seeburgs. Quit an accomplishment. They were in excellent condition...
  7. R

6550 mono to Kegger/Blueglow SE PwrTrf/B+

I became interested in SE again after doing the Magnavox DGSE1 which is a great sound. I stumbled across the KT88 SE Blueglow videos on YouTube, and decided to convert an old 6550 mono Amp of unknown origin I had picked up 25 years ago. I finished last night about 2am and prepared for the...
  8. R

Power Trf ID please.

20 years ago I put together a 300B SE amp following the 91SE schematic with the help of a retired Technician, and reading many different articles like Sound Practices, the Angela instruments catalogues etc. I am trying to identify the power transformer, for some reason I cannot determine where...
  9. R

lk-486 stromberg carlson speakers-model 910 series console

I have been working on restoring this beauty off and on for a while, can anyone tell me the ohms for the speakers, and the decibel rating please. Thanks ron
  10. R

Magnavox 197-?0 Siren Sound

Last night I hooked the 197 up to a pair of EV-4 speakers to see if they better accommodated the flea power as compared to the Marantz Imperial 6's (both are 8ohm and the 197 is 4) I had been using, my fist impression was that they did not. The 6's are rated at 93 decibals, I do not know about...
  11. R

Magnavox 197-00 SE Amp what to jump for turn on.

I have just received this lovely little 6BQ5 SE in great condition, with original tubes, an ESR check says all the caps are good so I want to start a reforming process. Using a variac I can read 60VAC only on the purple wire at the white plastic connector that says "changer pwr". There is no...
  12. R

Heathkit AA-32/Eico HF-85 preamp

Hello Helpers(I am grateful). I have recently discovered a (stuck in the basement jewel), for years because of it's rather odd look, I thought it was an early SS. How wrong I was. I have brought it up very slowly, and discovered some hum in the right channel controlled by the volume control...
  13. R

ROCK OLA 36855-A "6973" AMP

I am trying to restore the amp in the pics for audio not for jukebox use. Top side a bit rough but underneath is in pretty good condition. I brought the power supply up slowly to 117V and it seems fine. The problem is that when connected to the main chassis I get no voltage there, all fuses...
  14. R

WM-5 EL-37

I have just recently finished recapping a 2nd WM-5 and now have a pair. I am using 5881's right now, I have KT-66's waiting in the wings, but I also have my favorite EL-37's sitting idly by and wonder if they could be a drop in, I am using 12BH7's in the driver position without changes and...
  15. R

Angela Instruments Dyna St-70 6B4G

"To fill a military order Philips internally triode connected some 6AV5GA tubes, which when triode connected are pretty close to a 6B4G. These have been available for a number of years. It would seem Philips either couldn't or chose not to make a run of "real" 6B4G. IIRC these date from the 80s...
  16. R

Dyna ST-70 6B4G mod rescue

Last month I posted trying to ID a mod on an ST-70. I now know that it was for 6B4G tubes, I found 4 that I had tested 20 years ago. I was confused about what I had done because I forgot the 6B4G is a triode and I kept thinking that I had just planned to put the 70 in regular triode mode for...
  17. R

Tube ID Dyna MKIII

Please help id the tubes in a pair of Dyna MKIIIs. The markings have mostly been wiped away. There are two pairs of KT88's, from different mfrs. I believe the 5AR4 is a Mullard. Thank you.
  18. R

AR3A/Audio Research/EC-2-- Pilot SA-260/Fisher SA-100--Bi-Amp

I have a pair of AR3a's I have occasionally used as sub woofers in the prescribed manner, by unhooking the connector between the woofer and the Mid/Hi's. This works very well. Will it work well to send a signal to the AR EC-2 electronic crossover, set at either, 100hz, or 1000hz as indicated...
  19. R

Dynaco St-70 Mod ID please

This Dyna has been modded, please help me understand how. I believe it is to replace the B+ Supply with Solens, and to put it in triode mode. I just cleaned it up a bit and took pics, I notice that there are .22 caps where there are .1s on the schematic, there were still 7199's in the sockets...
  20. R

Fisher X-100 5AR4 screw-up

This amp was in good working order. I had borrowed the 5AR4, for another amp, when I wanted to use the X-100 again I inadvertently, put a bad 7591 in that place( I have not forgiven myself yet). After the sparks and realizing what I had done, I put a 5AR4 in and hoped things would be...
  21. R

Scott 222c balance adjustment question

I have just revived a 222c. I have the service bulletin, but could not find the Sams photofact. I assume I can connect a speaker to ground and the 16 ohm terminal, place a Fluke meter lead on ground and 16, and adjust the balance pot. It says to remove the 6U8, can I do this without turning...
  22. R

Pilot SA-260/SP-210 Pwr Supply

I have a recapped Pilot SA-260 which biases and sound fine. I have a Pilot SP-210 preamp (it is powered by the 260) which I sometimes want to use with other Amps. I have taken all the tubes except the rectifiers from the 260 and ran just the SP-210 feeding another amp and then put the tubes...
  23. R

Fisher 100T FM squeal

Recently I was using the 100T with an SA100 that I recapped(thanks for all the help) it is wonderful pair. I have been refurbishing an EICO HF-81(I am in love) so I have had the 100/100 combo standing by, today I wanted to unhook the Eico for a bit more attention. When I hooked up the Fishers...
  24. R

Fisher 100-T recap uncertainty

Recently the forum was very helpful towards recapping an SA-100 and answering questions that have helped with the 100-T. I have replaced the .02 and .01 caps in the phono section, and the coupling caps in V13 the output amplifier. I am wondering if I should replace the ceramics in the tone...
  25. R

Fisher SA-100 sn10529A recap

I just read the "here we go again" thread about a SA-100, and now have 2.5 pages of notes: thanks to all who participated in that thread. Fortunately mine has not been modified as far as I can tell except for a 3.3mf 400v cap going to the ground ring on the 5ar4 from a 10 mfd section on the...
Back
Top Bottom