Search results

1. N

Do you wash new vinyl?

No record,new or used gets to my turntable without a wash,vac. new inner sleeve. Never. They sound sooo good when cleaned. Regards Mike
  2. N

New equipment delivered today!

Congrats Joe.Welcome to the world of Mcintosh! No going back now!:music: Regards Mike
  3. N

ebay offering in Canada

My advice, Run Away!!!!!! Regards Mike
  4. N

Beautiful looking turntable on the bay

DROOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! Regards Mike
  5. N

Somebody stop me before I buy agan....

Clyde It's Mcintosh man,"thats not buying thats investing"!!!!! I have a Mac4100 and it is worth the search.Good luck and congrats. Regards Mike
  6. N

Adding-subtracting sonic properties of cables

INCOMING !!!!!!! DUCK !!!!!!!! :eek: :lurk: Regards Mike
  7. N

Vinyl without album covers?

Being a collector as well as a listener I buy anything as long as the price is right.I lean mainly towards Jazz so the cost of some mint originals can get kind of steep.You can get some fab music with great vinyl cheap if the covers are so-so or gone. I recently picked up 30 classic jazz...
  8. N

A good ebay response.

I have bought over a 100 lp's off ebay and dozens of other things.Have not been dissapointed once!!I think my success is due to a few rules I use 1) Believe only 1/2 of what a seller says and bid accordingly. 2) Always ask about shipping and if the response is not what you want,do not bid. 3) If...
  9. N

Get a Life! Collecting Makes You Fat...

You guys call yourselves collectors???? HUH I say!!! No ''true'' collector has any money left to waste on FOOD !!! :D Hense,no weight gain. Regards Mike
  10. N

Audio Speaker Chop Shop

Tannoy!!!! Can anyone recall ever seeing a complete speaker on e-bay? For the longest time I thought that they only made drivers!! Regards Mike
  11. N

Quantum 2's are making music!

Congradulations Ken.Glad you finally got em working.Now you will hear the real beauty of the Q's.You don't hear the speaker,only the music.Isn't that the way it is suposed to be?Many people will coment on the facte that these speakers are not "aweinspiring",but,that is their forte',they will not...
  12. N

Jolida retailers in Canada?

Oz Enterprises near Ottawa Ont.Check his website.Omer (the owner) is a fine fellow to deal with. Regards Mike
  13. N

Funniest spouse/significant other comment about audio collecting?

When my wife and I started dating,she came back to my house to find a motorcycle being rebuilt in the living room,my mig welder and torches stored in the bedroom and the dining room full of the parts for a being restored "Toyota Land Cruiser".Now,nothing I do raises an eyebrow!!So,after 15yrs...
  14. N

Is it me or my gear??

I have noticed the same things.Being an old school vinyl guy,the dynamic range of lp's always seems to be superior to cd's.I understand it has to do with the way cd's are mixed.Some of the cd reissues of older titles also sound like crap,but,in the same vein some vinyl reissues of older...
  15. N

Marantz 2325

Krazyknuc Where in Ontario are you?The 2325 is a great unit but should have the proper tech.working on it.I know a fellow who wrote the book on Marantz.He was the factory tech in Canada for many years,and loves em.He is very good and honest.If you would like more info. I would like to...
  16. N

Record cleaning machine - heads up

Erik Not yet.I am going to put a bit of a blurb together with some photo's as soon as I find some time.Stay tuned.It is not quite as refined as the "Monk",but my wife wouldn't let either in the living room!! Regards Mike
  17. N

Mac4100 Wood Cabinet

Just received my new all wood cabinet from "Audioclassics".Very nice,solid tiger maple,finished in a nice dark stain.Installed it on the Mac and it looks like a million bucks.A vast improvement over the original.Good price $149 plus shipping,a little over $220 CANADIAN at my door,10 days,just...
  18. N

Today's JAZZ playlist

Jimmy Smith "HOOCHIE COOCHIE MAN" Verve RVG eng. Regards Mike
  19. N

Record cleaning machine - heads up

Very nice machine,a tad overkill but nice.I bet goes for $1500+.I will stick to my HM85c.(Homemade $85 Canadian).Like a VPI and works great. Regards Mike
  20. N

Best Snipe software?

I honestly do not understand the "sniper" idea.If I want item X and am willing to pay $120,why not just bid that.If I win I win,if not I was not willing to pay more!There has to be a limit to what you are willing to spend.If another will pay more won't he just beat you? What happens if...
  21. N

Tube advice,re 12ax7

Ok tube guru's a question.In you expert opinions what make is the nicest 12ax7? The one I wish to replace is the stock chinese made one in my Bellari vp129 phono stage.I am looking for one that will maintain the gain and the lowest microphonic.The stock one seems kind of sensitive. Regards...
  22. N

mac 1900

$25 Holy Crap!!!! :jawdrop: To properly clean the unit you must send it to me in exchange for $30,now,see,all clean! LOL.Great score. Regards Mike
  23. N

Granite and Marble for isolation?

Granite/Marble does a fine job to isolate under amps and speakers.I don't know the real reason why,perhaps the mass absorbs at a different frequency.Under TT the best is an absorbant material,I use 3" mdf and it deadens everything,my kids run around the room (really spongy floor) and no...
  24. N

Free Wooden Feet for your equipment.

Cardas has Myrtle wood blocks,you could call em "Ethil wood",or maybe "Gladys Wood", should prove to profitable.Just charge $175 a set of 4 and they will fly off the shelves. :huge: Regards Mike
  25. N

What vintage gear are you playing tonight??

Mcintosh 4100,Thorens 166mkII,Celestion dl8's, "Winton Marsalis".I use an outside phono stage Bellari vp129 with a mullard 12ax7 (nos). Regards Mike
Back
Top Bottom