Search results

1. T

AUSTIN & SURROUNDING AREA - AUDIOPHILES

Hello! If your looking for anything or want to trade...drop me a line. Take care, Rick
  2. T

AUSTIN & SURROUNDING AREA - AUDIOPHILES

Hello guys & gals! Post is kinda old but I'll chime in. I'm between San Antonio & New Braunfels.
  3. T

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

January 5, 2010 Tks guys & gals!
  4. T

Mirage M-3si help

:) Mirage Update! Hi Guys & Gals! So I've been tied up with work but every time I was and am free, I go to the Bat cave and listen and enjoy!:music: My music of choice is classic rock,,,60's thru the 80's.:rockon: Some weeks ago I played one of my favorite albums, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of...
  5. T

Mirage M-3si help

thanks Raynald & StimpyWan & any others following the thread. Sorry for not replying...I've been swamped with work. The good news is that I have them hooked up. I was worried because I read other threads that the mids might need re-foaming...that is not the case. I am currently using a...
  6. T

Mirage M-3si help

Hi guys & gals, I recently aquired a set of mirage M-3 si speakers but I have no manual. I want to bridge them but dont know what terminals are used to bridge & which go to my receiver. Thanks in advance.
  7. T

ground loop?

Marantz 2252B Hummmm! never noticed the hummm :sigh: until yesterday when it got much louder. Decided to ground the receiver to the ground screw on the wall plate...Guess what?!! IT WORKED!!! :banana: No hum just pure, clean, rock n' roll! :D
  8. T

Trying to find info on old Harman Kardon tube receiver

Hello guys, How about the FA 3? I have a line on one...can't seem to find any info...thanks!
  9. T

DCM TF-600, how much would you pay?

Wondering if any of you guys know the rating for these bulbs other than 12V...It also crossed my mind that a long time ago Radio Shack used to sell holders & a matching 12V bulb...a lot of stuff they carry has changed so wondering where and what you guys bought...I'll look at my speaker that is...
  10. T

Fisher 514 owners...questions/advice

Powering Up the 514!! :yippy:Wow! Anybody want to guess what was playing on HD radio when I powered up the beast? When I started to hook-up all the speakers, I was caught off guard with the "COM" label:scratch2:...the only thing that crossed my mind was common ground so I took this as the...
  11. T

Recap? thanks Larry, recaps? soon?:no: So how soon? And which ones am I going to replace? Any preferred brands?:sigh: I hate doing soldering on boards:worried:...especially on vintage stuff. Sure, I can do simple stuff but more complex stuff like this gets me nervous. Wish I could...
  12. T

Fisher 514 cleaned up! And here it is all cleaned up...used fader lube, D5, and Gold where they should go - thanks guys for the direction...have not powered her up...going to use my 4 pairs of DCM T600's so I am running new wiring as we speak...can't wait for that psudo-quad. sound...:banana:
  13. T

Fisher 514 dismantling :D Ok...so here's some before pics...notice all the dust...also, checkout the sticker on the board that has "19 74"...is this a date?
  14. T

thanks Larry, I will be reading up on that link for sure...if you look at the first pic you'll see the modulator and the two sets of RCA out's...front & rear...but tcdriver has it covered! thanks for all your help guys...been busy with work but stay tuned for updates :D
  15. T

Great! Last question & I'll leave you alone :D Actually, I'll be concentrating on getting her all fixed up & ready to rock. I plan to use a 4 speaker set-up...my question concerns the two pair of rca connections...where do they hookup? The quad adapter has a single pair of rca...
  16. T

Fisher 514 under maintenance Thanks Larry, So what's the best (cheapest) place to get fader lube...I'm kinda new to all this...See you mentioned Gold...so what's that used for? For a while i thought i could use deoxit on anything...what's the best brand to buy? Is contact spray different...
  17. T

Thanks Larry, This thing has a wooden case...wish it didn't weigh so much...it's making it difficult to access the bottom...do you think there's any problem if I turn it on it's side? On another note, the guy I bought this from said it has a scratchy volume slider...I'm going to use Deoxit...
  18. T

Good afternoon folks! So here is my recently acquired 514 :D but I have questions :scratch2:. I would like to clean the inside of this monster but how do I remove the case...I thought that the case would flip up but that didn't work. Looking at it a bit more, does the inside receiver...
  19. T

Bunch o' Big Speakers in Austin

I've been on a speaker frenzy lately...picked up some Avid 105's in really good condition...haven't found any other info or reviews on the web...also picked up some TF-600'S...forgot that i bought some L8E's as well...sure wish I had the funds for the a/d/s...too many speakers...need to make my...
  20. T

Bunch o' Big Speakers in Austin

yup! I saw them except the EV's...must have been busy with family time...I'm close to Austin...just wish I had the cash :D So quick question Mingo...have you heard any of these and which would you pic? why?
  21. T

Avid 105 speakers?

Imaging tweets mis-firing I do have a problem with one pair having to do with the imaging tweets. This particular speaker has a much lower volume than the other...I found another member having the same problem with his and traced it down to the fuse not making contact. So how do I get to...
  22. T

Avid 105 speakers?

thanks walsn, nice to know who makes these...good that all of mine are working :D
  23. T

Avid 105 speakers?

thanks guys, That makes sense...now to carefully re-foam them. Wonder of any other Avids used the same mid... Nice pics Noreaster...glad to see those woofers being put to good use.
  24. T

Avid 105 speakers?

Thanks guys...I have to keep pinching myself when I think of how old these things are...How about that midrange. What's the benefit of having the driver enclosed like that. Since I'm a newbie on drivers, is the design common or unique? By the same token, why Denmark? What big companies were...
  25. T

Avid 105 speakers?

Avid 105 Imaging tweeters Here are the small imaging tweeters...very sweet indeed :music:
Back
Top Bottom